Let's make some money!!!!

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Brilliant idea!!!! Let's make a challenge called the hunt, and completely destroy most peoples chance of winning anything due to rubber banding and poor event planning, require users to have characters to compete with the others, thus making people spend their hard earned money, and then still only allow 3 points per event, even though they are hundreds away from placing in a decent prize tier.

AND THEN!!!!!!!!

Let's make another event, called The Hulk, and let's only give the people who actually got the punisher a fair chance at winning unless players spend their money on the punisher!!!!! The players that don't, regardless of how much money they have spent prior to the event, won't even have a chance! Let's give the Punisher events more points per play than all of the other events combined! We could quite literally force players to buy The Punisher at a high price! This would be such a great money making idea, and we could show out dedicated playerS how much we truly appreciate them!!!!

Oh, wait. My bad. We already did that.....

Comments

• Theres already a whine topic.
  • Yep. IceX is great don't get me wrong, but the customer service and customer appreciation is severely lacking from D3 here. With these events and how they are scored plus the slow time to response or complete lack of response from submitted tickets makes me think they are purposefully understaffed.
  • Sorry. Just frustrated. I was excited when I noticed I didn't need Spider-Man, but then quickly realized that without the punisher, you can't come close to placing decently
  • dmendro wrote:
    Yep. IceX is great don't get me wrong, but the customer service and customer appreciation is severely lacking from D3 here. With these events and how they are scored plus the slow time to response or complete lack of response from submitted tickets makes me think they are purposefully understaffed.

Id imagine a 5 man team to make this profitable. It aint EA.
  • I'm confused about why you need Punisher. Granted I do have a lvl 18 Punisher (won one cover, busted another in a pack), but he's more of a burden on the team than anything, and I'm still at max points for the event so far. So what's the big deal about the guy?
  • Wow! Is it complain-O'clock already? Time sure does fly when I'm playing MPQ for absolutley free
  • If you don't have him, they don't let you do the events with him in it, which just so happen to be the events that are worth the most amount of points
  • JayChurch wrote:
    If you don't have him, they don't let you do the events with him in it, which just so happen to be the events that are worth the most amount of points
    Oh, ok, that makes sense, and yes that does suck. Thanks for the info.
  • The Hunt was awesome! Great story! Won mega ISO and 3 punishers. The Hulk event looks even better! Slightly confusing point system but as the Moose said its a free game and is awesome fun!!

There is a post from the devs saying the ticket system doesn't work well so use the forum.
    IceIX is the man!! I didn't get rewards once so sent him a msg on here and he got straight back then sorted my prizes for me. Brilliant customer service! Plus he plays the game so knows whats going down!
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    The Hunt was awesome! Great story! Won mega ISO and 3 punishers. The Hulk event looks even better! Slightly confusing point system but as the Moose said its a free game and is awesome fun!!

There is a post from the devs saying the ticket system doesn't work well so use the forum.
    IceIX is the man!! I didn't get rewards once so sent him a msg on here and he got straight back then sorted my prizes for me. Brilliant customer service! Plus he plays the game so knows whats going down!

Sorry but it's only a free game if you choose not to spend money. Alot of us have supported this game by purchasing HP packs and ISO packs.
  • I've only spent about 80 to 100 total, but I play, well, a lot more than I'm proud to admit. I started in mid November, so paying money didn't seem rediculous, but now I'm feeling like the game is only going to reward people who pay money. My only real problem is with the fact that during the storyline, if you don't have a character, you are given a low level one to use. Why couldn't they do it with The Punisher? They did it with Spider-Man! They should have learned during the hunt that requiring an invisible woman for events was a bad idea. I'm usually not one to complain, and I'll still play the game regardless of how this event turns out, but I wish they would do something about this
  • JayChurch wrote:
    I've only spent about 80 to 100 total

Maybe I'm wrong, but my guess is that would put you in the top 1%.
  • dmendro wrote:
    HulkSmash wrote:
    The Hunt was awesome! Great story! Won mega ISO and 3 punishers. The Hulk event looks even better! Slightly confusing point system but as the Moose said its a free game and is awesome fun!!

Sorry but it's only a free game if you choose not to spend money. Alot of us have supported this game by purchasing HP packs and ISO packs.

True. But no one forced you to spend the money. It was your choice. And that is still the case. There is very little that is off limits to those who choose not to spend money. And yes having a couple levels that I can't play is a little disappointing, but I'd prefer them do stuff like this to make money rather than ask all players to pay a monthly subscription or something. Or how about a cover charge to play in the event at all? Would we prefer that? The developers need money to continue being developers. Saying that they don't appreciate their players is unfair. How about we don't appreciate them when we refuse to pay them money AND then complain that they don't do enough for us.

I'm ok with complaining a little about the cost of the stuff they offer or the content of it, but not that they didn't give me every corner of the game for free. I feel the cost of a guaranteed punisher should be cheaper. 1100 hp for a single Punisher and I'd be all over it. 3600 for 1 Punisher and a bunch of throw away Wolvies? Not so much. Although i almost took the plunge this morning. I actually clicked on the Logan's Loonies and went to purchase but found my Credit Card had expired. By then I talked myself out of it. Spending the $20 for one cover that will likely only get me one or two other covers (I don't expect to place in any top possitions) is a little too rich for my blood. Almost got me though. Almost got me.
  • This game is a marathon, not a sprint. Relax.
  • No game can't be great without complaints compared to marvel war of heroes from mobage this game is perfect Of course they want you to spend money they like to eat lol and as for punisher lol I don't need him or my credit card to get 3 hulk covers in 8 days learn the game and grind hard and you will get the prize you want without spending how many other pay to play apps can you say that about
  • No game can't be great without complaints compared to marvel war of heroes from mobage this game is perfect Of course they want you to spend money they like to eat lol and as for punisher lol I don't need him or my credit card to get 3 hulk covers in 8 days learn the game and grind hard and you will get the prize you want without spending how many other pay to play apps can you say that about

. , ! ? ; :

Just curious if you've ever see these before. Haha. JK
  • I paid $5 early on to be able to expand my cover slots quickly. I've won 1 IW cover and 1 Punisher cover. If you're willing to put in the time, you can hang on near the top. If I had understood rubberbanding better during the Hunt, I would have scored at least a 2nd Punisher cover. So I certainly wouldn't call this game pay-to-win. I'd call it pay-to-win-unusable 4* covers.
  • [quote="the moose

. , ! ? ; :

Just curious if you've ever see these before. Haha. JK[/quote]

You will never see any of those in my post this is the Internet I refuse to use proper grammar doing good if I bother to spell evethig right lol
  • [quote="the moose

. , ! ? ; :

Just curious if you've ever see these before. Haha. JK

You will never see any of those in my post this is the Internet I refuse to use proper grammar doing good if I bother to spell evethig right lol[/quote]

Ha. Fair enough
  • Let's be clear about something: if you don't manage to make it into the top prize bracket for The Hulk, you will miss out on getting a couple of Hulk covers. During the 8 day event leading up to those covers, you will earn thousands and thousands of ISO 8 and score a ton of recruit tokens. The game is paying off loads of prizes during this event. When I saw how lucrative it was (and right on the heels of The Hunt), I thought, "Well, I guess it is almost Christmas." I'm sorry if you might not be able to play with the Hulk as soon as you'd like. But if you're going to go crazy every time you play a game in which you're at a disadvantage against people who have played more/got luckier/spent more money on it than you have, you might want to go ahead and stop playing games now.