Dear D3...

Options
2»

Comments

• MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see World Rupture once in a blue moon; it's almost always Bullseye, Yelena or Venom for me. Presumably the team-up power is based on the level of your own characters, which...is fair? >_>
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Stan317 wrote:
    I HATE D3! They are constantly nerfing characters and changing the game to their benefit. This is not the same game I invested $1500 into over my 250 days of playing. Simple bait and switch! Well thanks for waking me up with the team up mess. I have removed the game from my device, never to play any D3 game again!

Oh Stan, I will really miss slapping you around at every opportunity as did my fellow Spartans. Good riddance to whining trash. Go find somewhere else to complain incessantly

Yours truly,

The Breakking
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    The "conspiracy to sell more health packs" is the worst theory in the game. They've already shown their numbers, and they know nobody buys health packs, and that nobody will, regardless of the changes. They don't, and will not, expect to make money from health packs.

As stated above, if first change didn't sell more, this one will.

If no one buys them and people are complaining this is trying to sell more health packs, that means they are unable to play longer. Making changes to your game that makes people play less is pretty much the opposite of what you should want.

If they miraculously quintupled the amount of the health packs people bought, it would still be such a small portion of their revenue that it certainly would not have been worth it. They know this.

They actually DO want to make sure people don't play too much. I know this is hard for people to see from their perspective, but it's the reason so many mobile games use this sit-and-wait-to-regenerate mechanic. If there were no health packs, there are some crazy people out there (you know who you are) who would play for 18 hours a day. They would have gotten so much content, that they would run out of things to do in the game and the team would not be able to put out enough content to keep up. Tons of mobile games work this way. That's they D3 meticulously checks how much ISO and HP people are earning per week. It's because they want people to progress at a certain rate. You might say, "You can't tell me how to play a game! I'll play however I want!" And it may or may not be fair, but that's the reasoning, and it's industry wide.

That is absolutely NOT the reasoning for D3 or any other F2P game/publisher in existence. Every F2P game makes all of their decisions based upon revenue. All of them. Every single one. This doesn't make them inherently evil as it's absolutely necessary for every one of them to bring in revenue for the game to continue.

If there's a limit on play time it's to encourage spending. What does EVERY F2P game with waiting periods have in common? You can spend real $$$ to get around it. D3 checks players' earnings every week because ... guess what if they are giving out too much ISO and HP then there is less or no encouragement for players to purchase either with $$$. By the same token they don't want to give out too little otherwise players either feel forced to spend $$$ to advance and quit out of either anger or frustration.

To be clear this sole focus on revenue doesn't make a game or publisher bad or "evil" but it is the primary driving force behind every single aspect of the game and gameplay. No one should fool themselves otherwise because it has to be this way once a game is the F2P model.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm surprised the thread has gotten this far without anyone pointing out that you're all raging at the wrong company. You want to address these complaints to Demiurge, the developer, not D3, the publisher.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am surprised that anyone still thinks D3/Demiurge cares who whit about what anyone is saying on their forums.

Just bear in mind folks, you are basically having a discussion amongst yourselves as the development team does not value your opinions or your rage.
  • emaker27 wrote:

IceIX spoke to this months back. During playtesting, people thought the AI was cheating and the game wasn't fun since people were losing. So they made the AI stupider so people could actually win at a decent rate.

I don't believe it for one second.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really like the TeamUp feature. I'm somewhat suspicious how the AI gets who it gets and how quickly it gets them, but to a greater extent, I find it fresh, fun, unpredictable (to a degree - I can always view the AU's TU trio in-game), and another place to keep "skins" of my victories.

I use more free health packs than I did previous to True Healing, but I have only dropped HP on health packs once since that time, and my only MPQ purchase ever was $5 sometime in winter '13/spring '14. Everyone's spending history/habits will vary, but TH and TU have forced zero dollars from my wallet.

I don't have the same length of runs with the same characters in an event, but I do still get to play a lot without having to drop any cash.

Also, as long as no one's running any cracks or sploits that give them an inappropriately strong TU trio or have them trigger for a low cost, then everyone gets an equal playing field. I'm less concerned if all players are getting hosed equally, and while I wonder about AI "homecooking" sometimes, I don't think TU is remotely close to a gamebreaking feature.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    The op has one point. The ai always gets a good ability for its TU. I've seen sentry, panther, storm, torch, ares, etc, but no moonstone, spidey, Loki, bullseye, any 1*. If we get stuck with yelenas from pve and loaner abilities from pvp, so should the ai. Granted, its only been a short time, so I'm not going to get too excited about this until its been a week or two, but so far to suggest that the ai's TUs are random would be ****.

Actually, the AI does fire those weak ones too. I just netted an IW in Oscorp so I'd say I've done quite a number of rounds with this feature in. Yes, the AI does seem to get a lot of World Ruptures triggered but it also does hit you with Moonstone's abilities. And it hits you with a low level Venom snare as well when there is a higher level Venom in the particular match.

Also, I managed to do all 9 nodes every 2.5 hours without purchasing any health packs so I think you can throw that conspiracy theory out as well. TU doesn't mean having to buy healthpacks for complete grind.

Are there issues with the current implementation of TU? Sure there are. But go watch the video and I'm a bit excited about what they have in store for this new feature. The one thing I am not happy about is that they rushed the feature out the gate before it was ready to see the light. I wonder if it is because of the Deadpool event.
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    They could fix a lot of this mess by telling which TU powers the opponent team have. The same way you know what characters you are facing before starting the battle, you should know the TU you will face.
    Otherwhise, this game just adds more luck, and reduce some of the few tactical things (team selection).
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tharos, the only downside I see to seeing the AI's TU before starting the round is many players (like me, if I could,) skipping a particular PvP/PvE matchup if the TU were not in their favor.

I could see the skip fee stopping me from passing up a moderate-point, moderate-difficulty team with a strong TU trio. But I would skip unfavorable PvE matchups until the cows came home.

I would get frustrated with myself, but I would still do it and come out feeling wearier and less thrilled with myself for that many more clicks just to game the game. The only alternative to circumvent that would be to have fixed, rather than random, PvE TU trios, and I don't want that either.

Right now, I like the unpredictability of the AI's TUs. If I have to eat a few World Ruptures and Magnetic Translations at inopportune times, that's worth it for all the low-level Symbiote Snares and Control Shifts I get.

Not that there's any AI TU I was excited to eat, but I find the balance okay in this first 24 hours (#5 in my Heroic Oscorp b re acket and ~800 in Cage Match so far).