Dear D3...

Options
Unknown
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This is why people don't trust the product. This is another feature that I can see you guys sitting there saying "we will tell them it's for their own good!". While I'm doing pve getting ares level 70 moves, the opponents team ups seem to be sentry, black panther, and storm every single time. Tell us it's random, yet I've seen bp and sentry come up a lot in the forum. It's for more health packs, right? It seemed cool in concept, but it's anything but random, and it's going to further push people away. Start listening to the players, not assuming you know what we want.

Comments

• Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    D3.....have nothing to say except....no more $$$ for you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    squirrel85 wrote:
    This is why people don't trust the product. This is another feature that I can see you guys sitting there saying "we will tell them it's for their own good!". While I'm doing pve getting ares level 70 moves, the opponents team ups seem to be sentry, black panther, and storm every single time. Tell us it's random, yet I've seen bp and sentry come up a lot in the forum. It's for more health packs, right? It seemed cool in concept, but it's anything but random, and it's going to further push people away. Start listening to the players, not assuming you know what we want.

Exactly, it's all about pushing players to buy more health packs
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The "conspiracy to sell more health packs" is the worst theory in the game. They've already shown their numbers, and they know nobody buys health packs, and that nobody will, regardless of the changes. They don't, and will not, expect to make money from health packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bah, the big company is wanting to make money from me.

Sheesh, do some of you guys hear your selves? This move was nothing more then to shake up the game. I for one approve, so the matches are not going to be routine any longer. well there is a lore reason for that, the unpredictable nature of the ISO. Not everything is a conspiracy. D3 is not out to get you.

If you don't like the changes, there is something you can do. Stop playing. Don't just say that you are not going to spend money, just stop altogether.

I believe all the changes they have made are for the better of the game, and lets face it, at the core it is nothing more then a match 3 puzzle game, and I normally hate those.

I for one fully support D3 and have made an HP purchase (the price reduction did not hurt). and I would say if you love the game you should as well. Not that you have to, but you know they do have a living to make.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    Bah, the big company is wanting to make money from me.

Sheesh, do some of you guys hear your selves? This move was nothing more then to shake up the game. I for one approve, so the matches are not going to be routine any longer. well there is a lore reason for that, the unpredictable nature of the ISO. Not everything is a conspiracy. D3 is not out to get you.

If you don't like the changes, there is something you can do. Stop playing. Don't just say that you are not going to spend money, just stop altogether.

I believe all the changes they have made are for the better of the game, and lets face it, at the core it is nothing more then a match 3 puzzle game, and I normally hate those.

I for one fully support D3 and have made an HP purchase (the price reduction did not hurt). and I would say if you love the game you should as well. Not that you have to, but you know they do have a living to make.

I have made more monetary contributions to this game than I care to admit. As a paying customer, I think it's within my rights to be dissatisfied with the project I invested into. You ever own stock? It's very similar when you have voting options within a stock you invest into. So you like the changes, huh. Great, that must mean you're right and I'm wrong. Don't troll the forums, I have a right to my opinions as you do yours. And I'm not really worried about making a living for a project which garners millions of players and is contracted by Marvel. Save that sob story.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    The "conspiracy to sell more health packs" is the worst theory in the game. They've already shown their numbers, and they know nobody buys health packs, and that nobody will, regardless of the changes. They don't, and will not, expect to make money from health packs.

If this IS true, which I still doubt, it makes even less sense, and the less than random cascades do too. That's great that they've convinced you, but not me.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    They've already shown their numbers, and they know nobody buys health packs
    Which is exactly why I think they're hellbent on making change after change to try to force us into doing so. I can imagine them coming up with these ideas thinking, "Ok, this one HAS to work"
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It's not a plan to encourage more HP buys, it's a plan to hide the fact that they are unable to program a more competent AI. One that's able to do some simple conditional logic or denial.

So, they have to devise these strange 'features' like level scaling and TU in an attempt to level the playing field. Putting more psychological pressure on the user to buy boosts/HP is just an added benefit from it.

"Lazy AI"
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:

As stated above, if first change didn't sell more, this one will.

If no one buys them and people are complaining this is trying to sell more health packs, that means they are unable to play longer. Making changes to your game that makes people play less is pretty much the opposite of what you should want.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I HATE D3! They are constantly nerfing characters and changing the game to their benefit. This is not the same game I invested $1500 into over my 250 days of playing. Simple bait and switch! Well thanks for waking me up with the team up mess. I have removed the game from my device, never to play any D3 game again!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Stan317 wrote:
    I HATE D3! They are constantly nerfing characters and changing the game to their benefit. This is not the same game I invested $1500 into over my 250 days of playing. Simple bait and switch! Well thanks for waking me up with the team up mess. I have removed the game from my device, never to play any D3 game again!

No you didn't. I don't like a lot of thr changes either, but overexaggeration of your monetary investment means nothing. I'm not trolling, i'm just flat out saying that you did NOT put $1500 into this game. Sorry.
  • darthmental
    darthmental Posts: 104
    Options
    Stan317 wrote:

lol I can't tell if this is sarcasm.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    scottee wrote:

As stated above, if first change didn't sell more, this one will.

If no one buys them and people are complaining this is trying to sell more health packs, that means they are unable to play longer. Making changes to your game that makes people play less is pretty much the opposite of what you should want.

If they miraculously quintupled the amount of the health packs people bought, it would still be such a small portion of their revenue that it certainly would not have been worth it. They know this.

They actually DO want to make sure people don't play too much. I know this is hard for people to see from their perspective, but it's the reason so many mobile games use this sit-and-wait-to-regenerate mechanic. If there were no health packs, there are some crazy people out there (you know who you are) who would play for 18 hours a day. They would have gotten so much content, that they would run out of things to do in the game and the team would not be able to put out enough content to keep up. Tons of mobile games work this way. That's they D3 meticulously checks how much ISO and HP people are earning per week. It's because they want people to progress at a certain rate. You might say, "You can't tell me how to play a game! I'll play however I want!" And it may or may not be fair, but that's the reasoning, and it's industry wide.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And I do think this feature has potential. It just needs some work, being able to trash things, and keep TUTs (Team up tiles?) selected in between battles would help. Adding in powers that can steal/deny enemy TUAP would be great, and possibly just ratcheting enemy teamups back a little so the player sees roughly the same benefit as the enemy and it comes down to customization and skill instead of detracting away from existing strategies by forcing you to collect all the white tiles so the enemy doesn't supernova you, again...
  • Unknown
    Options
    The op has one point. The ai always gets a good ability for its TU. I've seen sentry, panther, storm, torch, ares, etc, but no moonstone, spidey, Loki, bullseye, any 1*. If we get stuck with yelenas from pve and loaner abilities from pvp, so should the ai. Granted, its only been a short time, so I'm not going to get too excited about this until its been a week or two, but so far to suggest that the ai's TUs are random would be ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    squirrel85 wrote:
    I have made more monetary contributions to this game than I care to admit. As a paying customer, I think it's within my rights to be dissatisfied with the project I invested into. You ever own stock? It's very similar when you have voting options within a stock you invest into. So you like the changes, huh. Great, that must mean you're right and I'm wrong. Don't troll the forums, I have a right to my opinions as you do yours. And I'm not really worried about making a living for a project which garners millions of players and is contracted by Marvel. Save that sob story.

Dead wrong. You are not an investor, you are a customer. Realize the difference.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    squirrel85 wrote:

Dead wrong. You are not an investor, you are a customer. Realize the difference.

Actually sir if you reread my post, I said I was a customer and made a comparison to an investment. I don't expect money from d3, and I clearly know the difference.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    They actually DO want to make sure people don't play too much. I know this is hard for people to see from their perspective, but it's the reason so many mobile games use this sit-and-wait-to-regenerate mechanic. If there were no health packs, there are some crazy people out there (you know who you are) who would play for 18 hours a day. They would have gotten so much content, that they would run out of things to do in the game and the team would not be able to put out enough content to keep up. Tons of mobile games work this way.

Valve called; they wanted to remind you that this is not just a mobile game.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    It's not a plan to encourage more HP buys, it's a plan to hide the fact that they are unable to program a more competent AI. One that's able to do some simple conditional logic or denial.

IceIX spoke to this months back. During playtesting, people thought the AI was cheating and the game wasn't fun since people were losing. So they made the AI stupider so people could actually win at a decent rate.
  • warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    The op has one point. The ai always gets a good ability for its TU. I've seen sentry, panther, storm, torch, ares, etc, but no moonstone, spidey, Loki, bullseye, any 1*. If we get stuck with yelenas from pve and loaner abilities from pvp, so should the ai. Granted, its only been a short time, so I'm not going to get too excited about this until its been a week or two, but so far to suggest that the ai's TUs are random would be ****.
    While I do think their TU's tend to the better one (tons of Sentry for me) I have seen a lot of Loki and Yeltena as well