Character Listing and Abilities - R41

Options

Comments

• Shikao wrote:
    Everly wrote:
    Stormheart wrote:
    How exactly is Storm's Classic green power level 5 working? Does it overwrite previous levels, so I get only 1 tile for one AP, no more 6 additional tiles?
    The original skill shatters 2 tiles, plus and additional tile for every 2 Green AP the team has. Level 2 would shatter 3 tiles (the original 2 plus 1) and then additional tiles for every 2 Green AP. When you reach level 5 you will always shatter 6 tiles and then an additional tile for every 1 Green AP, instead of needing 2. So at level 4 if your team had 6 Green AP the skill would destroy 9 tiles (6 + (6AP/2=3). That same situation at level 5 would destroy 12 tiles (6+6AP)

Using 6 Green AP as example might not the best choice, because skill costs 12AP =] People will start asking how do you use it with only 6AP .
    But apart from that, it's really good example!
    Oh, that is a good point. Didn't think to work that out. That raises an interesting question. Does the skill count the Green AP before or after it is activated? I assume it would be after, in which case if you started with 18 and then activated the skill for 12 you would be left with 6. But I honestly don't know for sure.
  • Everly wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    Everly wrote:
    Stormheart wrote:
    How exactly is Storm's Classic green power level 5 working? Does it overwrite previous levels, so I get only 1 tile for one AP, no more 6 additional tiles?
    The original skill shatters 2 tiles, plus and additional tile for every 2 Green AP the team has. Level 2 would shatter 3 tiles (the original 2 plus 1) and then additional tiles for every 2 Green AP. When you reach level 5 you will always shatter 6 tiles and then an additional tile for every 1 Green AP, instead of needing 2. So at level 4 if your team had 6 Green AP the skill would destroy 9 tiles (6 + (6AP/2=3). That same situation at level 5 would destroy 12 tiles (6+6AP)

Using 6 Green AP as example might not the best choice, because skill costs 12AP =] People will start asking how do you use it with only 6AP .
    But apart from that, it's really good example!
    Oh, that is a good point. Didn't think to work that out. That raises an interesting question. Does the skill count the Green AP before or after it is activated? I assume it would be after, in which case if you started with 18 and then activated the skill for 12 you would be left with 6. But I honestly don't know for sure.

I've wondered this myself but it happens to quickly for me to count how many it's breaking.
  • hogunner wrote:
    Everly wrote:

I've wondered this myself but it happens to quickly for me to count how many it's breaking.
    I don't use Storm (Classic) but there are a couple other characters that perform a skill that is dependent on the number AP. One of the reasons I'm assuming it is after is because of the enormous jump the skill would take from Level 4 to 5. If we take an example of having 18 Green AP at Level 4 and the skill counts AP when it is activated, then it would shatter 15 tiles. At Level 5 it would take out 24 titles. Since the previous levels were gaining an additional 1 or 2 tiles per level, jumping 9 would seem very large. If the skill takes note of the AP after it is activated, then we go from 9 tiles at level 4 to 12 at level 5. That seems to be more in line with the progression up to that point.
  • Everly wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Everly wrote:

I don't use Storm (Classic) but there are a couple other characters that perform a skill that is dependent on the number AP. One of the reasons I'm assuming it is after is because of the enormous jump the skill would take from Level 4 to 5. If we take an example of having 18 Green AP at Level 4 and the skill counts AP when it is activated, then it would shatter 15 tiles. At Level 5 it would take out 24 titles. Since the previous levels were gaining an additional 1 or 2 tiles per level, jumping 9 would seem very large. If the skill takes note of the AP after it is activated, then we go from 9 tiles at level 4 to 12 at level 5. That seems to be more in line with the progression up to that point.

I agree; this is what I assumed too for the simply fact that the power's description should include the effect that will happen for it's AP cost so I assume that's what they've done. icon_e_smile.gif
  • But then it would be so much weaker than *Storm's Modern version.

Calculations for 12AP:
    Modern 1x16 = 16 (+2AP leftover)
    Classic (before reduction): 6+12=18
    Classic (after reduction) 6+12/2=12

Calculations at 20AP:
    Modern (double use) 2x16=32
    Classic (before reduction): 6+20=26
    Classic (after reduction) 6+20/2=16

@IceIX, there is typo is description of **Storm's Lightning Storm, it say's 'Greep' (in the opening post of this thread, not in the game)
  • I just tested it. I had a Level 3 Green Storm Classic. I had 12 Green AP. Therefore, she should destroy either 4 or 10 tiles. While I didn't get an exact number, It was more than 4. 10 would have been around my estimation. I think this makes since the difference between the maximum amount would be either 24 tiles or 36 tiles. 36 makes more sense considering Storm Modern.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    I just tested it. I had a Level 3 Green Storm Classic. I had 12 Green AP. Therefore, she should destroy either 4 or 10 tiles. While I didn't get an exact number, It was more than 4. 10 would have been around my estimation. I think this makes since the difference between the maximum amount would be either 24 tiles or 36 tiles. 36 makes more sense considering Storm Modern.
    Wow, so if that is the case, then a Green Level 5 Classic Storm can hit pretty hard. Match that up with a Level 5 Yellow passive skill and she hits you coming and going.

I need to get me one of those icon_e_smile.gif
  • Everly wrote:
    Wow, so if that is the case, then a Green Level 5 Classic Storm can hit pretty hard. Match that up with a Level 5 Yellow passive skill and she hits you coming and going.

I need to get me one of those icon_e_smile.gif

Well, remember that it scales. So a Green Level 5 will break anywhere from 18 to 36 tiles. However, if you have 24 or more green tiles, then you can stike again. Even if you have over 20 you might pick up enough AP to hit it again. So I guess a full charge will leave you primed for a 24 tile break. After breaking 60 tiles, there is a good chance you've gained 6 Green AP and can get another 18 tile break. That would be sweet.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Shikao wrote:
    @IceIX, there is typo is description of **Storm's Lightning Storm, it say's 'Greep' (in the opening post of this thread, not in the game)

It's not easy being Green. Sometimes, you just don't get it quite right. Fixed!
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    I just tested it. I had a Level 3 Green Storm Classic. I had 12 Green AP. Therefore, she should destroy either 4 or 10 tiles. While I didn't get an exact number, It was more than 4. 10 would have been around my estimation. I think this makes since the difference between the maximum amount would be either 24 tiles or 36 tiles. 36 makes more sense considering Storm Modern.

It's as stated there. The difference in Level 4 and 5 is quite large for the 3 abilities characters. I think mainly because you only can get 2 of 3 skills there max. If you want Storm classic with level 5 green, you have to forfeit level 5 in blue or yellow (in her example it's not that bad, I also think her green skill is the best one icon_e_smile.gif )
  • Mommson wrote:
    It's as stated there. The difference in Level 4 and 5 is quite large for the 3 abilities characters. I think mainly because you only can get 2 of 3 skills there max. If you want Storm classic with level 5 green, you have to forfeit level 5 in blue or yellow (in her example it's not that bad, I also think her green skill is the best one icon_e_smile.gif )
    Her lvl5 blue and yellow aren't that good, IMO.

lvl5's aren't always that big of a change. Thor's for example are equal across the board. Each card reduces AP cost by 1.
  • Thors red lvl 4 to 5.....from 7 to 6 ap....dont seem much but a huge impact...
  • that's the difference from 2 matches of 3 to 3, it's a big deal
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    All Tied Up - 6 AP
    this should be Blue

Man, I totally messed up my basic Storm by maxing the Red skill icon_e_sad.gif
  • I maxed Basic Storms Green and Red skills. Green will destroy a ton of random blocks and the Red one is amazing for clearing out environmental blocks which can cascade into more combos. I don't find maxing her black ability all that useful as the blocks will get destroyed rather quickly anyways but is good for chip damage.
  • uuddlrlr
    Options
    I think all this information would benefit from being easily accessible from the game itself.
    I have made a topic about it in the suggestion subforum: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=319
  • uuddlrlr
    Options
    I don't know.
    Level 5 Red makes it cost only 5 AP, but the effects of the skill don't change.
    At Level 5 Black, you're converting HALF of the playing field into sources of damage, so this can be hitting on the enemy for a long time.

I also maxed Red and Green, but had I been paying more attention, I would have preferred a maxed Black skill than a Red one.
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    I don't know.
    Level 5 Red makes it cost only 5 AP, but the effects of the skill don't change.
    At Level 5 Black, you're converting HALF of the playing field into sources of damage, so this can be hitting on the enemy for a long time.

I also maxed Red and Green, but had I been paying more attention, I would have preferred a maxed Black skill than a Red one.

I maxed Green and Black, because I love Lightning Strike and there are so many other good red skills. Hailstorm at level 5 is really good, I don't have Storm at max level yet, but I already do 6 damage per piece. Once I cast Hailstorm twice in short time and result was that enemies couldn't place their countdown tiles for couple rounds, because there was no regular tile of required color icon_mrgreen.gif
  • i feel like her black skill conflicts too much with her red/green board clearing skills, which is why i don't like using at level 5
  • Stormheart wrote:

Sorry guys (and girls) but all the answers given in this thread to this question are wrong. Before yesterday I thought you know what you're doing but now I have a classic storm with 5 points in Green and the answer is, the 6 additional tiles vanish at level 5. So if you use the skill with exactly 12 Green available, the skill does not change. It destroys 12 tiles at level 4 and 12 tiles at level 5. The maximum you can get is therefore 21 tiles at level 4 and 30 tiles at level 5 with 30 Green present. So if you factor this in, here some thoughts about classic and modern in comparison:

12 Green AP: modern storm better because 12 vs 16 tiles with 2 AP to spare

20 Green AP: modern storm gets 32 tiles. If classic gets 4 or more Green AP with the first use of her skill , then she can use him again and gets 32 + tiles (but already used 4 of them)

30 Green AP: modern gets 48 tiles. Classic gets 48 tiles as well but has 6 Green AP at the end to spare.

At the end of the day, although they sound much different the skills are generally the same at level 5. In my opinion (since 10 minutes ago when i started thinking about it) modern storm Green skill is even slightly ahead