Do you do lightning even if your villain is maxed?

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I just got my rear end handed to me in Doom, Loki, and Magneto. Try as I might, I couldn't get anywhere near 26, let alone top 10.

Ragnarok is up next and I couldn't care less since mine is maxed.

It's clear that at least a few competitors in lightning have maxed covers on their villains.

I'm curious as to the reasoning for competing anyway.

Are you just going for the diabolical to fill out another villain (and "accidentally" placing top 2 icon_e_wink.gif )? Or in it just for the thrill of rampaging around with a 200% boost?

Comments

• Diabolical tokens and Iso mostly. When you have that boost it makes battles quick so it's the best way to farm.
  • nope i use those to tank
  • I pop in a few battles for iso. I try to get at least 100 rank points
  • Less and less. I've sent out the ultimate team of Bag Man and Classic Hawkeye in the latest one, going to try and give a little back to the community icon_e_smile.gif
  • Play yes, but not competing for covers unless it is something I still need.
  • The competition didn't seen tooooo bad in most of my brackets. When that rag tourney came though seemed like all the big dogs came out to play. Haha! Oh well a diabolical still a *** and far as I'm concerned at this point a ***'s a ***
  • The competition didn't seen tooooo bad in most of my brackets. When that rag tourney came though seemed like all the big dogs came out to play. Haha! Oh well a diabolical still a *** and far as I'm concerned at this point a ***'s a ***

Lightning rounds do not have brackets... it's free for all
  • I'll only compete in ones that I still need covers for, otherwise I just hit the 100 reward and then leave it be.
  • I do for the Diabolical token - even if my Loki/Doom/Hood is maxed, I still have yet to find a red Classic Magneto cover.
  • Nawp. Not worth the time and effort for me.
  • It's still the best reliable source for ISO and decent source for HP, but no, I don't.
  • I don't compete for any spots anymore. Don't need the covers and don't need the 1800 damage in the face for 2 ap from rag. Without the HP boost I would, but it takes a bit longer to whittle down when they have 20k hp.

I do however pop a few battles in for some quick iso
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    My Doom is maxed, my Magneto functionally so (5/2/5) and I skip those rounds now, outside of a casual run for a Standard token and some ISO.

It's part courtesy, part that there's usually something else going on for me to do, part that Lightning Rounds are stressful and there's nothing substantial left for me to gain from those two any more.

EDIT: And now that my Rag is 3/5 I can go for Top 25 in those and leave the battling for the Red cover to those who need it.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Less and less. I've sent out the ultimate team of Bag Man and Classic Hawkeye in the latest one, going to try and give a little back to the community icon_e_smile.gif

As a recipient of your benevolence i thank you. Easiest match yet icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I think we should all set a universal scrub team as solidarity. I'm currently running bagman and modern hawkeye as the least theatening team i can field (having sold off my 1* hawkeye).
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I think we should all set a universal scrub team as solidarity. I'm currently running bagman and modern hawkeye as the least theatening team i can field (having sold off my 1* hawkeye).

Nope, gotta be classic. I've been doing that for 2-3 weeks. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Doom is maxed, my Magneto functionally so (5/2/5) and I skip those rounds now, outside of a casual run for a Standard token and some ISO.

It's part courtesy, part that there's usually something else going on for me to do, part that Lightning Rounds are stressful and there's nothing substantial left for me to gain from those two any more.

EDIT: And now that my Rag is 3/5 I can go for Top 25 in those and leave the battling for the Red cover to those who need it.
    Did I end up knocking you from the top 2? Sorry if so. I'll be doing that also now that I'm 4/5

I've been doing bag man/modern mag, since he's my only other character at 400 HP
  • I can be found sporting a very competitive bag man and lady bag man in more than a couple of these.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Did I end up knocking you from the top 2? Sorry if so. I'll be doing that also now that I'm 4/5

Heh. Might've been you -- someone did, but the Red cover was all I wanted from that anyway. I can get the Hero Points back from selling myself on the street. Er, other activities.
  • i do random lightning events, the only one i compete in are the ones that i can compete in ie before i go to sleep or during lunchtime at work.