Post your new PvP event ideas here (e.g., Balance of Power)

Options
2»

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As much as I'd love real PVP in say a round robin style tourney with very small brackets, any idea concerning real player vs player will take the most dev work-- considering they don't have any work done (based on what we have now) to support a continuous connection battle-- and they might not have the infrastructure to handle the added server load of actual PVP. (Which is why one turn kill cheats work and such, there is no server confirmations during battle).

I'd like a fun "extended power" type tourney, where all AP costs are reduced by x%, and all #s are upped by x% -- eg protect tile numbers, stun turns, strike tile dmg, pure dmg, healing, ap steal, number of tiles and so on (CD turns will be decreased by x%). Health remains the same I guess. Rag can finally be rag again! XD
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 sequential tourneys lasting 2.5 days with scores that add up in a week-long "season" bracket.

1st Tourney: Buffs common characters.
    2nd Tourney: Buffs uncommons.
    3rd Tourney: Buffs Rares and Legendaries.

Call it "Best in Class" Feather/Light/Heavy.

Some mods: Lock out characters not in the featured rarity. Add a separate tourney for Legendaries.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    I'd love a gauntlet mode where you pick your team, then fight random teams as different waves.

-Each time you defeat a team, a new one appears and your goal is to defeat as many teams in a row as possible.
    -After X number of waves, your team gets healed or you earn boosts. Healing and boosts would otherwise be disabled.
    -You could have tiered rewards for progression, similar to normal progression rewards depending on how many waves you defeat.
    -There could be heroic versions with restricted rosters and rotate every day. Possibly make the gauntlet mode a daily challenge sort of thing where you only get 1 attempt a day.
    -Once your team has been defeated, the mode ends and you're taken to a progression screen.

Basically I just want other modes of play than just PVP every 3 days and 3-10 day PVE rubberbandingcrazycommittmentfortherestofyourlife.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    fidsah wrote:
    My idea for a pvp event is called PvP, meaning Player vs Player. The selection screen shows a small selection of other players in the event, and you can agree to challenge each other.
    It's always struck me odd that there's no real PvP, where you set up some kind of lobby and play against an actual person. I seem to recall the other Puzzle Quest games had something like that. It couldn't be that hard to set up the server support for it, could it? Or would the poor hamsters just explode at the mere thought of it?

With the right sort of coding, the poor hamsters wouldn't have to deal with too much. They could easily set up a lobby system where two players connect to each other, and have the turn list stored local in a very compact (and encrypted) fashion for one user or the other to report cheating with.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buff all characters 0-100 levels based on individual leveling. If a character is maxed for the covers available, they gain the full 100 levels, otherwise a percentage.

For example, I have a 7 cover Hulk, softcapped at lvl89. He would get buffed to 189
    Someone else has a 13 cover Hulk, also at lvl89. He would get buffed to 127 (leveled 49 times out of 126 = 38.8% or 38 buffed levels).

This would reward players that have poured ISO into lots of characters, without having the 1 and 2 stars overpower the 3
  • Unknown
    Options
    Allaince vs. Alliance. Each bracket only has two alliances in it. The winning alliance gets a really good prize. Might work better as a lightning round or a one day event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Power Creep
    No holds barred style tourney where each team is passively given one AP of each color each turn. (Might want to grey out hood and OBW for this one)
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fulgren wrote:
    2) Amazing Bag-Man

Best event. Such OP. Very abilities.

Boost him to level 400.

Much useful, so match damage, wow.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    avs962 wrote:
    Fulgren wrote:
    2) Amazing Bag-Man

Best event. Such OP. Very abilities.

Boost him to level 400.

Much useful, so match damage, wow.
    Even at 400 he still won't be useful icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking a boosted character roulette. Every match you get 1,2,3* character boosted to opt to use. Or you could make it 3* only and have it be a required character. cause money.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Brace yourself. PVP's.....without Death Brackets.

*BBBOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!* You just had your mind blown....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Here's my serious idea. I had no clue how to do links, so I just copied and pasted my answer from a similar previous thread. #LazyPoster

I think pvp's should have 3 paths, one for 1*, one for 2*, and one for any *.

If you pick 1* you get to just face teams of 1*'s till you reach a certain point level, let's say 300 for instance. If you pretty much only have 1*'s, then the token is a good reward. When you get to 300 all your 2* characters get unlocked and you face teams with.1 and/or 2 *'s until you reach another point total, let's say 600. At 600 all characters are now unlocked. You can face any team.

Likewise if you choose the 2* path, you can use 1* and/or 2* characters till you reach 600. Then like above, you can face any teams.

If you choose the last path, you can use any character, but you won't be able to face teams that took a lower path until they reach 600.

Any player with any roster can choose any path, but once you choose you cannot switch paths during the rest of that pvp.

Example: Someone with all characters maxed, can choose the first path, but can only use their 1*'s until they reach say 300 then they can use their 2*'s too. Then at 600, their entire roster it's unlocked.

This protects weaker teams to a point. And if a player's mmr is too high, they can face weaker teams earlier, but on more equal ffooting.

Two other points, if you choose 1* path, once you get 300 points, can use any 2* even if your score goes below 300 the 2*'s stay unlocked. Also, once characters are unlocked, they can be used in any retaliation fight.

This last part is what makes the system viable for better rosters, otherwise, weaker rosters would be overprotected.

This also means there is an advantage to starting early instead of waiting until the last minute.