Post your new PvP event ideas here (e.g., Balance of Power)

Options
I have to admit that the Balance of Power event was one of the most fun PvP events I've done in a long time. In my alliance, we had ALL 20 members participate icon_e_surprised.gif .

So here are some more PvP event ideas for the future:
    1. Mystique PvP: Are you that obnoxious guy who runs Laken/Sentry? Well, have a taste of your own medicine with this mirror match event! 2. David vs Goliath PvP: 1-star teams that beat 2-star teams receive DOUBLE the points (same thing goes for 2-star vs 3-star). Anyone who beats an X-men alliance member instantly gets 50 hero points....just kidding
icon_mrgreen.gif
3. Blind PvP: something is wrong...there is a cloak of darkness surrounding this event. You can't see who you're facing (only their respective levels).
4. Solo PvP: sometimes heroes have to go to battle alone without the help of teammates. Fight your way through this battle with ONLY ONE hero.

Have any more cool ideas? Submit them here. The Devs might actually use them.

Comments

• Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Solo PVP is not good as long as Patch exists. His red power would be insta-death to EVERYONE if he was solo.

I do like your idea of 50HP for taking down an X-Men alliance member though
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great ideas. Of the lot I think the blind Fog of War event, which is something I think Phantron brought up as a kind of thought experiment in another topic, is probably the most doable. They rest are cool but would likely have very serious technical implementation issues.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Solo PvP could be that you just pick 1 character and you randomly get paired with 2 other chars at the same level as the one you picked. Not sure if that would be that fun, but might force you to figure out how your team works together on the fly. Also get to see how other characters work leveled up if you can't level them up yourself (if you get them randomly).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Orrrrr... you could post them in the suggestions subforum.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Russian Roulette - enter a fight with another person. A slot machine graphic of some sort gives three random toons. A deep roster benefits.

What about people who only have three 166 characters and nothing else you ask? They would have a major advantage you say?

Nay says I. The slot machine is loaded with ALL toons. If the toon selected is not in your roster, then you get a PVP low level loaner.

Fight!
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Challenge matches: pick one of three challenges before a match, complete the challenge and receive double the reward, fail and get nothing.

Challenges could be things like completd the match with 30 ap of a specific color, within a specified time frame, using only non damaging abilities. There could be dozens of different ones.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My idea for a pvp event is called PvP, meaning Player vs Player. The selection screen shows a small selection of other players in the event, and you can agree to challenge each other. You would select your team, they would select their team, and then the two of you would alternate turns, making 3 or more gems colors match. If there aren't enough pieces to make a move, the board would be shuffled. If you match four, it takes out the entire row or column based on how you matched it, and if you matched five or more, you get a critical tile.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    My idea for a pvp event is called PvP, meaning Player vs Player. The selection screen shows a small selection of other players in the event, and you can agree to challenge each other.
    It's always struck me odd that there's no real PvP, where you set up some kind of lobby and play against an actual person. I seem to recall the other Puzzle Quest games had something like that. It couldn't be that hard to set up the server support for it, could it? Or would the poor hamsters just explode at the mere thought of it?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Playground

Use a PvP tournament as a beta (final release candidate) test for new or adapted characters.

There is one default, computer given character that devs are tweaking or introducing and can be updated as that tournament goes on and allows people to make reports or suggestions.

The character is not available to use in any other way.

Players earn small rewards for play and is set up more informally, like the Shield Simulator. For example, if it was a 3 day event, the first day the character will be 3/5/5, the second day 5/3/5 and the final day 5/5/3, so players get a broad cross-section of character play.

First example could be one with Magneto post-nerf and following the tournament, he then gets widely released.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Actual player vs. player ... no CPU.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Actual player vs. player ... no CPU.

I've often thought of this, but then one problem i can see happening is: say a person knows they will lose a fight decides to throw a hissy-fit and leave the game running idle without making a move, and the player that is winning is left stuck there wondering what the heck is going on... Then what should happen? Coz even if you setup a time limit in which you have to make a move, it would suck to have to sit there waiting for say 5 min before the opposite player is kicked and you can win the fight...

So while i do like the idea, i think D3 would need to think of a way to prevent people exploiting it, or dragging games out on purpose hoping you get hit more...
  • Unknown
    Options
    1-2-3 : 3 nodes, one allows ONLY 1* heroes, next only 2* and finally only 3* (and 4*?).
    Take a break: After you use a hero in a match they are locked out until you play 1 (or 2?) more matches in the same PvP.
    You're da boss: The three nodes each have a different Maggia mob on them as your featured hero. Thug is level 50, Hitman level 94, Don level 166. Defensive teams are only visible on the node they fought on rather than randomly.

Rather than the previous Avenger, DA, no mans land etc PvPs where you could ONLY use those heroes I would prefer an option more like LRs where those heroes are buffed but every hero is allowed. That way diverse rosters get the potential to use more varied buffed up heroes but more limited rosters can still take part, albeit at a slight disadvantage.

Along similar lines I would enjoy events where certain categories of heroes (as above) are DEbuffed. Maybe back to the older level range (50, 85, 141, 230) but all heroes are available.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    1-2-3 : 3 nodes, one allows ONLY 1* heroes, next only 2* and finally only 3* (and 4*?).
    I'm assuming they're not going to cross-contaminate like Divine Champions or The Best There Is - cause that sucks a big pile of small cats.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:
    I'm assuming they're not going to cross-contaminate like Divine Champions or The Best There Is - cause that sucks a big pile of small cats.

No, i'd keep defensive teams on the nodes they won on like I put for the maggia idea, just forgot to write it on that one icon_e_smile.gif. So 1* vs 1*, 2* vs 2* etc
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Okay. That sounds pretty fun then icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    a regular PVP with with all *'s buffed would be cool
  • HairyDave
    Options
    a regular PVP with with all *'s buffed would be cool
    Buffed up to L270 perhaps? I wonder if that's been done before...
  • Unknown
    Options
    No buff pvp.
  • Fulgren
    Fulgren Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1) Avengers vs X-Men

Pick a team of Avengers and you fight a node with X-Men

Pick a team of X-Men and you fight a node with Avengers

Boost all characters to equal level (like BoP)

2) Amazing Bag-Man

Best event. Such OP. Very abilities.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Last man standing - you pick your 3, but both sides can only fight one at a time in the order you chose them.