Season 4 = Invisible Woman.....ROFL

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    benomoth wrote:
    Not forcing exactly, just.. gently persuading.. at knifepoint.

But seriously, this reward sucks! I don't see much life in this game if the devs don't find ways to keep us interested and engaged. If they wanted to give us time off, then just wait a few weeks before a new season starts with a new four star reward. Or offer the Top 100 a ??? token of any character color. Your choice, 3 stars or 4 - any character and any power of your choosing. I'd be interested to see the metrics for that.

I stand by my original statement that IW is a pointless reward.

And probably most of us would agree with you...that IW isnt interesting reward. But its giving us breathing room cause this...so Im happy for example.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Isn't the point that everyone wants something new & fun in the game to look forward to. And given radio silence from the devs we had pinned hope on s4 launching something (and given the history with fury).

I wouldn't have a problem with IW if we had some other positive developments on the horizon & something for veterans to play for......
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Perhaps this mean that they are actually going to make IW viab... ha... haha... HAHAHHAHAA... I'm sorry, I couldn't even finish that sentence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why must game give away free things that I don't want. It makes me so angry!

I see this as the devs making the seasons a little less cutthroat, which MANY people appreciate. And lots of people will take their token baglady at the end and say 'Thanks, I needed one of those.' Obviously this is way less exciting that having a brand new 4* to grind over. But there will be plenty of rewards in individual tournaments that people will fight tooth and nail for and likely several new characters in the pipe as well. The season rewards are a tiny tiny fraction of all the rewards that will be given out over the next 30 days, so really, this is no big deal.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Isn't the point that everyone wants something new & fun in the game to look forward to. And given radio silence from the devs we had pinned hope on s4 launching something (and given the history with fury).

I wouldn't have a problem with IW if we had some other positive developments on the horizon & something for veterans to play for......
    While I certainly see that point, Captain Marvel is launching next week from PvE, and PvEs will continue to launch new chars. At this point I think we need more than /another/ new character to qualify as "new and fun".
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    benomoth, I think anyone in our alliance is welcome to play the Season as minimally as they want as long the regular top 100 is not threatened (not everyone has a deep roster!). And the regular top 100 usually entails Season top 100, more or less, so we are bound to be rewarded with the useless yellow Baglady, unfortunately. Get yourself together, man, I would think you can stand the pain. You have a whole month ahead of you to steel your nerves.

As for keeping players interested, 4*s are not the way to do that right now anyway (only for a tiny, tiny fraction of top players and whales); I hope to see more interesting new characters that most can actually afford to level. We have yet to see Emma Frost, Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Deadpool, Carnage, Doc Ock, Mystique, etc, etc. I would happily wait for any of those as long as they look and act like our beloved superheroes/villains icon_razz.gif

Carol sure looks interesting and reminds me of the pre-nerf classic Storm who I never witnessed in her red-feeding glory. She has a unique colour-scheme, too! I'm almost happy that the season reward is IW because I already have a slot where she collects dust, less headache for me. As others have said, I can play for my alliance quietly, collect more ISO and HP, maybe max out Daredevil, GSBW and Doom (gasp!). I even welcome and embrace IW if she brings with her less Season pressure overall.

Malcoran - thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Actually that is quite funny. I am certainly amused.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think everyone has it right here, but some reactions are a little exaggerated. No one is going to argue that a single IW is a great reward. After all, every single PvP and half of PvEs you can win her either from the 1300 progression (obviously not many can actually obtain this, but it's not unreachable) or by being 1st in PvP or 1-2 (usually) in PvE. Even a single Fury cover was not a great reward in the grand scheme of things, but it was worth chasing because of the novelty of him (and he looked like he'd be really good, so getting a head start on collecting him doesn't hurt). Anyhow, I can see the frustration in not being offered a "worthy" seeming reward, since IW pales in comparison to Fury, but I (and clearly many others) are welcoming this reward because it means so many alliances don't have to relentlessly compete in every single PvP just to keep their season score up.

I do also see where people are coming from when they are claiming to quit if IW rewards continue in seasons. If you've got most 3* well-covered and don't have to continually push for top 5, I imagine it would get pretty boring putting in the same half-assed effort in rehashed PvP events over and over for weeks on end. I really hope they come up with something legitimately new to give us, as opposed to just more new characters to collect covers for. Otherwise a lot of people really will lose interest and fade away (as we've already seen happen way too much over the past couple months).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yes, some other ways to entice vets would be nice, but hey - after the Magneto nerf all the true non-Sentry/Daken vets are gonna be plenty enticed *grumpy cat smile*

Maybe there's something nice in the bag, too. Maybe Carol shifts the meta a bit, unlike Mororo and She-Hulk who are honestly failing in the strong female character department atm. I know that most vets live off the meta and the community itself, and not the competition.

I am not sure if they can afford to have any nice non-punishing new features in Summer, but I don't expect anything much and thus can't be disappointed much, lol. I was upset when True Healing was announced but no one in our alliance has quit because of it, so I can live with it I guess. The one thing I would welcome for sure is buffing the underused characters at least a tiny bit, maybe not DAs yet because we have to play against DAs a ton in Story, but IM 40, Daredevil, GSBW, Spidey, Mororo, She-Hulk, Cap**, etc. want to see more play.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the season prizes are quite right. Well, There could be a 1-2 more *** covers on the individual but no big deal. And certainly could be perfected by issuing "*** upgrade token"s that are usable to up anything.

IW as the alliance prize is something the current top alliances will not fight really hard -- or at all. And those scoring over 1000s this far will not fight that hard either as they all have IW and **s filled long ago.

What RESTORES the sense in the PVP competition finally after 3 months: people will fight and spend extra effort and HP where they want the actual covers (maybe with little extra for the PVP alliance cover IF it makes actual difference).

And while a few can't stand to be anything but first I'm sure the majority will not go wild for direc-to-sell *** covers and leave them for people that can use them for improving their rosters. Finally. So kudos DU for listening to sense for a change.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    You still win Iso,mold and while you may not need the card Maybe enough do to catch up some more players making the next season even more of a grind so this season if you're ahead you can do the other things (pve, pvp just for hp/tokens/iso and what you'd win card wise but without grinding) ..

It's a season to get your alliance together and still enjoy the game but then also allow others the possibility of catching up even though IW isn't the best card (maybe they'll tweak her like they should with her and x force wolvie ) .
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    If there is even just a little less competition in the mix for the coming season, maybe that will make those like me who are trying to leave 2* land behind a little easier. Can only hope.

The last two seasons saw me save a place for almost every 3* I didn't have yet. During 'season 1' I was still trying to crawl out of 1* land, and hadn't started pvp yet. So, at this rate, it looks like several more months before I start seeing 3*'s covered well enough to consider fielding them. If I had to guess, probably 4 more months till my first maxed character, maybe pair if I'm lucky. Any help I find is going to be more than welcome, even if that means players that don't need the cards NOT going for them for a period of time.

400HP a slot, and it comes in slow now after True Healing. I should be able to just squeak out a slot for Capt Marvel. After that I have to start worrying about having a slot for The Hood who finally will come my way one way or another through the daily resupply in... I think... 20 days. After that, I'll just be missing lazy thor and cmags. I bet I get my first cmags card the day they nerf him. hah. (not that he'd be useful, just for the irony aspect)

I've trashed 3 baglady cards already, figuring she was going to be far too rare to build. Maybe I'll take her card over 2*'s once I finally start getting 'extra space' not needed for the 3's and 4's. That point in the game seems pretty far off right now... but maybe, just maybe, baglady is helping me get further in the game in a different way. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    If bubble nanny is the reward, at least give blue or green rather than yellow... icon_rolleyes.gif

Even then, it's still horrible. Probably is a punishment to us for whining about the Laken "rebalance" so that they have to take it off the table for 5 seconds too many. icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well glad I'll be relaxing. The game has gone so stale
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kinda pales in comparison to Nick Fury
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It's good. It's a very, very, very good thing that Season top prize is IW yellow. I understand some people are upset but finally all the alliances get that highly anticipated breather and break from grinding. No stress or fuss about scoring top points in every tinykittying season PvP event. I relish in this freedom and enjoy it enormously more than some juicy new 4* reward. I really do. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's actually a pretty simple solution to make both sides (people who want good awards and people who don't want to compete as hard) happy: just give out the top reward to more alliances (top 200 alliances instead of top 100 for example). A season takes a month to complete and a lot of dedicated players had missed out on the top rewards just because their alliances can't keep up. Giving out Nick Fury to the top 100 means only around 2000 players get that cover every month, which must be a tiny number compared to how many people are playing this game daily.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seriously, they should just change IW for a big lump of iso and hp. Getting a single cover for the season prize was fine only because it was unique. If the prize is ISO and HP then it's not so unique that people MUST have it but it's still worth having for people who care to compete. Playing hard for a season and getting an IW cover is just eyeroll worthy.