Balance of Power PVP color strengths are still broken.

Options
Awesome PVP idea.

One problem is there is n imbalance for 3* characters. Their strength did not increase proportionally with 1* & 2*. Therefore, 1* & 2*.a are stronger than 3* and tank for the 3*'s.

Thank you again for the fresh "feature."

*edit - per responses changed bug to imbalance.

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    But this event is supposed to help 1*s and 2*s more. 4*s do not get a buff at all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Awesome PVP idea.

One problem is there is a bug for 3* characters. Their strength did not increase proportionally with 1* & 2*. Therefore, 1* & 2*.a are stronger than 3* and tank for the 3*'s.

Thank you again for the fresh "feature."

I think that's part of the point. Level the playing field a bit for new players and shake up play patterns for the veterans.
  • Unknown
    Options
    nope. all supposed to be even and balanced. 4* are nit buffed BC all characters were buffed to be equal with level 270 4* characters.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you consider that (under the old level paradigm) a max level 2* is equal in power to a level 100 3*, then when you bump a 2* to 100, it will be far more powerful than a 3.

This is readily evident in PvE with humongous scaling of 2* Dark Avengers. Their HP, match strength, and ability damage scales waaaay higher than 3*s.

This is the one time that I will say with absolutely no hint of sarcasm that this event's mechanics are indeed working as intended.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The pvp is set up for all maxed characters to be equal and equivalent of 4* characters. If this is not happening for all characters, by definition it's a bug.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They're all scaled up to Level 270 accordingly. 3* were already that close to 4* so your maxed 3* aren't going to see a lot of difference, whereas the 1* are getting a massive boost. This is the whole point of the event and I'm loving it. Tables have turned and if the 3* are taking a hit as opposed to the 1* teams, well, tough cookies! Guess you'll have to *gasp!* change up your gameplay...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, 2 color heros are somewhat imbalanced
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you're getting the term "bug" confused with something else.
    Either way, this is what the devs intended.

Working as intended. - is your answer.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* match damage at 270: 126/112/98/16/15/14
    2* match damage at 270: 154/137/120/20/18/17
    1* match damage at 270: 154/137/120/20/18/17

Is this what you see as the bug? The fully scaled 1* & 2* characters max at 154 damage on their strongest color while the 3s max at 126. Again, this has to do with [math warning] the slope of the line of the function which dictates stats per level. The slope of the line of a 1* or 2* character is higher than a 3*. Under normal conditions, the lower character cap at a lower power level. The higher characters take longer to get to equivalent numbers, but are able to continue to a higher level cap. When the level cap is increased to 270 for all characters, this results in imbalanced match values and health totals between tiers.
  • Really? You rerun the event and the bugs are worse? Characters missing covers are max level.

It's supposed to be balanced, but the 1 and 2* color strengths are still higher than 3*.

If the event is supposed to be balanced it should be balanced. If players are not supposed to use 3*, lock them out.

I really do not understand why this event was run with the same bug as before.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with the event. Read Cragger's post describing the slope used for scaling 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* characters.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I just got attacked by an all 3* team, and it was not exactly easy to retaliate. They used Falcon, lazy Daken and Sentry.
    3*s lose in match damage in this event, but lazy characters and Human Torch are all strictly better than their counterparts ability-wise.
    LDaken is so-so since his strike tiles are only slightly stronger and he has an active blue, but baby Daken's healing is better [so far] and he can tank for every single green user in game, not just 3*s.
    Some 3*s have unique skills that are not easily replaced, like Hulk, Magneto and Hood; the best AoE powers are also generally on 3*s.
    Sentry is still as broken as ever, but 1*s and 2*s now have a fighting chance against him while they usually don't.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I chose to use 3* characters in this event for their stronger powers, and did well. Juggernaut might be tempting, but he does significant self-damage and isn't well rounded. If you deny green and red, he's just a wall of health.
  • There's nothing wrong with the event. Read Cragger's post describing the slope used for scaling 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* characters.

That's saying what the scaling is. That's not "why" they're scaled that way.

In also not saying 3*'s are weaker than 1 or 2 *'s.

I'm saying the color strengths sound be equal aka balanced.

This is most key in tanking colors. It's not balanced that 1 and 2*'s tank colors for the other characters. The current set up is contrary to how this pvp is meant to function.

All characters are meant to be equivalent or balanced. This is not currently happening.

Edit. I got t5 first time, and first this time. So, I don't need the change to do well. I would like the PvP to be set up at intended, especially if it's going to be season events in the future.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always ran under the assumption that the "Balance of Power" was in reference to this definition, so it makes sense to me. The 1*s are the "minority cabinet".
  • Since the tournament is coming again around 10/10, could we please have the color match strengths balanced this time? Hopefully, third time is the charm.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    Since the tournament is coming again around 10/10, could we please have the color match strengths balanced this time? Hopefully, third time is the charm.

I think you're taking "balance" too literally. I think it's more about 1* and 2* rosters being able to compete with 3* and 4* rosters, so more of a balance in that regard. I like that I can mix up my teams more in this tournament and play some people I rarely play.
    You probably won't be able to rely on your tried and true 3* team combo for this and you just need to adjust and adapt accordingly.
  • MojoWild wrote:
    Since the tournament is coming again around 10/10, could we please have the color match strengths balanced this time? Hopefully, third time is the charm.

I think you're taking "balance" too literally. I think it's more about 1* and 2* rosters being able to compete with 3* and 4* rosters, so more of a balance in that regard. I like that I can mix up my teams more in this tournament and play some people I rarely play.
    You probably won't be able to rely on your tried and true 3* team combo for this and you just need to adjust and adapt accordingly.

As I've said before, if they don't want 3* or 4* being used.... Lock them out. However, of they are going to allow them, their color strength damage should be on par with 1* and 2*. Otherwise, it breaks characters such as Patch red and Hulk black.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:

As I've said before, if they don't want 3* or 4* being used.... Lock them out. However, of they are going to allow them, their color strength damage should be on par with 1* and 2*. Otherwise, it breaks characters such as Patch red and Hulk black.

If 3* or 4* characters aren't used, there's no point in boosting the 1* and 2*.
    Breaking Patch and Hulk? That's just too bad. Figure out something else.
  • MojoWild wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

If 3* or 4* characters aren't used, there's no point in boosting the 1* and 2*.
    Breaking Patch and Hulk? That's just too bad. Figure out something else.

So you concede it's broken for 3*and 4*, but you don't want them to correct the color match strengths. On what planet does not make sense? And MPQ is not a planet. icon_e_wink.gif