Lightning rounds 7/15-7/17 (???)

Options
SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, no lighting round start at regular time, or at +1/+2/+3 hour times...

The last few seasons had the lightning rounds start late, someone mentioned last time that one developer said this was because the game can't differentiate between the first lightning round score and the first PVP score if started at the same time (I think that's what it was).

So....why no lightning rounds then? They end Thursday at noon EST, Season 4 supposedly starts Friday...I don't see any overlap issues...

Hamster at the controls! Wake up and flip the switch!

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    Options
    Hey, maybe this woke the hamster up. I see they are upcoming, four hours late.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i actually had a loki round pop up for like five minutes. i fought a battle and got no reward. it gave the "this event is over" message
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any chance at a new mix of characters for a future Lightning Round? Not sure about how you'd group up the characters but would be nice variety other than 'heroes' and 'villains'
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Any chance at a new mix of characters for a future Lightning Round? Not sure about how you'd group up the characters but would be nice variety other than 'heroes' and 'villains'

Girls and Boys? icon_razz.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    It would be nice if they at least rotated the ability of the feature used person. Hood came up first today, and you know it's yellow...why not the other abilities? I guess they tried for the best offensive ability first?
  • Unknown
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    It would be nice if they at least rotated the ability of the feature used person. Hood came up first today, and you know it's yellow...why not the other abilities? I guess they tried for the best offensive ability first?

It's just whatever that characters first ability is.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Are people just getting unlucky or is Doom/Loki/Patch actually kind of good at picking up defensive wins? I've had two so far - which is two more than I normally see in a Lightning Round icon_lol.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    keep em coming guys.. you needed to gang attack me with your boosted sentry trick.. no problem.. you needed to spend isos and hp to make some 70 isos? you 're welcome.. you needed some shields to have a break.. i understand.. i wil retal every signle time as its free for me.. at least i had some fun in these LR since a very long time.. and i wont need to gather my crew to deal with it.. see ya guys.. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Opened my heroics - saw gold - yellow X-Force. My fifth. At least it's worth 1000 ISO, I guess. I've now sold 3 4* covers, all yellow (1 XF and 2 IW), and it just seems weird.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Are people just getting unlucky or is Doom/Loki/Patch actually kind of good at picking up defensive wins? I've had two so far - which is two more than I normally see in a Lightning Round icon_lol.gif
    I am so going to have to run this combo more often when I get the opportunity - they're surprisingly fun.
  • franckynight
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Opened my heroics - saw gold - yellow X-Force. My fifth. At least it's worth 1000 ISO, I guess. I've now sold 3 4* covers, all yellow (1 XF and 2 IW), and it just seems weird.
    do you need points? i m gonna retreat to you to secure your second place..
    Edit: it seems i'm too far ahead and you stop playing.. so i can' finf you in a node.. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    do you need points? i m gonna retreat to you to secure your second place..
    Edit: it seems i'm too far ahead and you stop playing.. so i can' finf you in a node.. icon_e_sad.gif

I appreciate the thought. Third was fine; no useful covers (green rags +2*) but lots and lots of ISO.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, Im 2 atm...and did seed teams only. But soon attacks probably will start and I will be happy with usual top50.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    They should randomize it like they do the environments now. Different loaner per node!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much, gamblr. I only played Rags LR to get enough ISO to max my Juggs (can't resist the thought of headbutting Fury into oblivion if I meet any). Never placed token range for days, guess now I have to icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: got 1st (off-time helps), got 3x 2*. So, thank you again, gamblr, I'd rather just play for ISO here and there and leave tokens for other folks icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • franckynight
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Wow, thank you so much, gamblr. I only played Rags LR to get enough ISO to max my Juggs (can't resist the thought of headbutting Fury into oblivion if I meet any). Never placed token range for days, guess now I have to icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: got 1st (off-time helps), got 3x 2*. So, thank you again, gamblr, I'd rather just play for ISO here and there and leave tokens for other folks icon_e_biggrin.gif
    it has to be said that gambler is a class act in each LRs with many forumites.. its a healthy change from all the bickering going on here at the moment.. thank you gambler..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, those tokens are horrible..."...chance to win incredible prizes"...Finished 4 with 412 points (my highest rank ever) so I got 1 k ISO, wow really incredible icon_lol.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another one I like playing now. Loki purple alternating with Magneto red and sometimes a smattering of Doom and a lot of damage dished put with little coming back.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Aw, they started four hours late but ended regular time, two less rounds this time for some reason.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got a purple Spidey I needed off of a regular token this morning, so this week's LRs managed to avoid just resulting in a huge freaking pile of ISO with no covers.