season 4 starts Friday 1pm est

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Good

Honestly there should be breaks within a season too. I'm not sure what type of player they are aiming for, but having alliance peer pressure and personal season score pressure every day for 4 weeks is an absurd amount of dedication to expect. Sometimes makes me want to give up and also play less cuz I don't want to clock in for marvel puzzle quest: the job.

Hilarious thing is even if you do that, the odds you get high season rewards is incredibly low regardless. I'd keep season events 2x a week: on weekends and one in the middle of the week. On the final week do a weeklong event so people can get one mad dash to increase scores if desired.

There would be absolutely no problem with season if a NEW, unobtainable cover is not in the prizes. Suppose the individual prize just stays as is and alliance gets only hp/iso, maybe a set of sentry or some other usual but wanted cover. Or 10-packs or *** tokens.

I'd think most of the current top alliances would call it 'don't care' area. Maybe for a change tokens and covers would go to people who can actually use them for anything but instasell for a drop of ISO.

Too bad it is so unlikely to happen.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Good

Honestly there should be breaks within a season too. I'm not sure what type of player they are aiming for, but having alliance peer pressure and personal season score pressure every day for 4 weeks is an absurd amount of dedication to expect. Sometimes makes me want to give up and also play less cuz I don't want to clock in for marvel puzzle quest: the job.

Hilarious thing is even if you do that, the odds you get high season rewards is incredibly low regardless. I'd keep season events 2x a week: on weekends and one in the middle of the week. On the final week do a weeklong event so people can get one mad dash to increase scores if desired.

There would be absolutely no problem with season if a NEW, unobtainable cover is not in the prizes. Suppose the individual prize just stays as is and alliance gets only hp/iso, maybe a set of sentry or some other usual but wanted cover. Or 10-packs or *** tokens.

I'd think most of the current top alliances would call it 'don't care' area. Maybe for a change tokens and covers would go to people who can actually use them for anything but instasell for a drop of ISO.

Agreed. Not only that it's pretty frustrating but it also makes the character rather useless if you need to wait for all colors 3 months or so and hope your alliance will perform on level which enables you to get the cover... So I vote for different main alliance price for Season tourneys...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Good

I love the Idea of the alliance reward being more ISO and HP orientated. How about the main prize being a wild card covers. These cards can match with any character and any color. This way no mater what your roster looks like you can use this cover. If you need a Sentry yellow it can be Sentry yellow.

rank 1-10= 5 Wild cards
    rank 11-25= 4 wild cards
    rank 26-50= 3 wild cards
    rank 51-100= 2 wild cards
    rand 101-250= 1 wild card

This can be for individual and alliance rewards so everyone has a chance to get multiple wild cards and build their roster as they want!!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    As much as I like the idea of wild cards... One word: Fury. Ergo, not happening icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    As much as I like the idea of wild cards... One word: Fury. Ergo, not happening icon_e_biggrin.gif

Starred wild cards might work. Top 2 get 4* Wild Cards, 3-50 get 3* Wild Cards, 51-100 get 2* Wild Cards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:

Starred wild cards might work. Top 2 get 4* Wild Cards, 3-50 get 3* Wild Cards, 51-100 get 2* Wild Cards.

Yeah, that would be absolutely great and pretty trivial to implement (with ounce of competency).

So again chances of happening are slim.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Dubstep. My bad.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm glad we got this much downtime (and a PvP that's not linked to Season Points).

I just think it would have been nice for the devs to have put an in-game announcement regarding it. The last two times a season ended, we were catapulted into the next season at the stroke of midnight. It makes sense to assume they'd do us like that again.

I wish we'd get more (and more comprehensive) in-game information.

"Here are two tournaments that have ended yesterday and one that's already underway. Oh, and there's a PvE going on, but we weren't planning on telling you about it until tomorrow. Maybe."
  • Unknown
    Options
    Season 4 starts later this week. We're experimenting with some downtime between seasons where we can run more varied/experimental PvP events.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Season 4 starts later this week. We're experimenting with some downtime between seasons where we can run more varied/experimental PvP events.
    And the first three days of this downtime are filled with the wonderfully varied/experimental rerun of Heavy Metal.
    For Daken rewards.

While the second tourney will be Lone Star. For Daredevil covers.

So, totally surprisingly, attendance will be higher for the featured + 2 tourney instead of the themed tourney.

Which will lead to further featured + 2 tourneys instead of variety PVP.

*sigh*
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:

I like the break down of 4* and 3* wild cards. I think if we are talking about a season top3-50 should get 3x 3* wild cards, top 51-100 should get 2X 3* wild Cards and 100-250 should get 1 3* wild card. The sesaon brackets are long and have a lot of people in them.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good

Two season PvPs a week one weekend one mid week best score counts toward your season score. But really any format change in the players favor would be greatly appreciated! I was also thinking if they changed the alliance season rewards to just progression style instead of placement that would allow possibility for more alliance to reach awards.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A thought with the Fri 12:01am time. If that is true (I expect it is because the 1 is only needed to clarify which side of a midnight it is), could we see a season based on PvE scores instead of PvP?

It would be an interesting idea even if that isn't the case. A lot of people on the forums talk about doing lazy play through where they join a sub in the last hour or so, and having those scores count toward a season would encourage more steady play. At the same time, rubberbanding would be a huge and possibly detrimental factor, and such a season could not also include PvP tournaments as-is for scoring because the scores are so much lower compared to the events.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 4 will start tomorrow at 1PM EST.

via Twitter
  • Unknown
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Season 4 will start tomorrow at 1PM EST.

via Twitter

That makes a lot more sense.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's interesting that they're keeping the new 1pm/1am est start/end times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's interesting that they're keeping the new 1pm/1am est start/end times.

It's a concession to all those complaints from Europe.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    From someone who used to run midnight M:TG tournaments, the 1 o'clock start time leads to FAR less confusion from the general population. I'd have people show up the day of complaining that I wasn't there at midnight the day before, and just as many show up midnight the next day because they can't read a clock properly.