season 4 starts Friday 1pm est

Options
season 4 starts Friday 1pm est

***Edited per jojeda654 's post near bottom of page 2.***

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    That's a really odd time, given the PVP schedule. What's the provenance of this rumor?
  • Unknown
    Options
    some rng...but mostly "@MarvelPuzzle: @stephen43084 Season 4 will begin on Friday at 12:01 AM EST."
  • Unknown
    Options
    https://twitter.com/MarvelPuzzle/status ... 1906010112 in case you're looking for a source.
  • Unknown
    Options
    season 4 starts Friday 12:01 am est

Interesting. Seems official but why the delay?
    Maybe some surprise?
  • Unknown
    Options

Maybe some surprise?

Probably downtime to give them a chance to shake out bugs before the new season started. At least I hope.

Considering that they seem to have started a 1 hour delay between events closing and new events opening up, this may be to keep the hamster on the wheel in their server from going ****-up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Could be finally correcting for season. 1's end time.

Personally, I'm hoping less events count towards seasons, or some other new feature to make game even more fun (less grindy).

Dumb double edged hope sword better not cut me again,but have leeches ready any way.
  • Unknown
    Options
    urgh i wished for a months of from the seasons
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A week between seasons sounds good. There should have been breaks after S1 and S2.

Hope there's a break after every season going forward, and not every three.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Since they seem to actually respond to you, I dub thee "the D3 Whisperer."

Now, o great whisperer, can you use your magickal powers of being-responded-to to find out where Ice is and/or why they have left their own official forum completely abandoned?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone theorized he was getting ready for comicon in San Diego.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe some surprise?
    Ant man! Pym particles to provide the players with kitties that are even more tiny!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wish there were more non-lightning round events that didn't count towards alliance so we could skip them and not feel guilty. Season score is already meaningless
  • Unknown
    Options
    What's weird is there's no PVP that starts then. One start Friday noon Eastern, another 12:01 a.m. Saturday Eastern, but nothing Friday morning, unless they're changing the schedule.
  • Unknown
    Options
    maybe they meant pm, I was surprised I got any answer.
  • Unknown
    Options

Maybe some surprise?

Introducing lazy nano 1* character as season rewards, starting with bubble lady. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Or introducing cover that requires iso and HP to cast abilities on top of AP. icon_lol.gif
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:

Maybe some surprise?
    Ant man! Pym particles to provide the players with kitties that are even more tiny!

And makes the forum voices even smaller!
  • Unknown
    Options
    If the season starts a minute into Friday, that raises the question of whether the (predicted and nigh inevitable) Daken pvp will count toward season IntraVenus or not. That should pop-pop-pop off at round abouts high noon on Wednesday, and conclude 23 hours and 59 minutes into the newest season.

However, if it's not part of the new season and there's just 12 hours of SHIELD and no pvp that counts until the one that launches at noon on Friday, I'm down with that.
  • Unknown
    Options

Maybe some surprise?

I think the delay is because people have been practically begging for some downtime between seasons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good

Honestly there should be breaks within a season too. I'm not sure what type of player they are aiming for, but having alliance peer pressure and personal season score pressure every day for 4 weeks is an absurd amount of dedication to expect. Sometimes makes me want to give up and also play less cuz I don't want to clock in for marvel puzzle quest: the job.

Hilarious thing is even if you do that, the odds you get high season rewards is incredibly low regardless. I'd keep season events 2x a week: on weekends and one in the middle of the week. On the final week do a weeklong event so people can get one mad dash to increase scores if desired.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hhmm, was expecting it to be in the next update together. wahhh