Any news on who the new upcoming character will be?

Options
kaepamerica7
kaepamerica7 Posts: 85
edited July 2014 in Speculation and Concepts
Just wanted to ask that. Hoping for anybody except a lazy hawkeye. Ha watch they come out with trickshot.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am fairly certain IceIX teased that another X-men is close, he also crossed off a few commonly requested X-men (Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Jean were all deconfirmed).

He did also say that there is at least one new 2* character in the pipeline.

In summary, I have no idea who will be next.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looking at the rewards for the newest Simulator event, it looks like a 2* version of HT (Johnny Storm) is the "new" 2* released.

Though I'm hoping this is just some sick and twisted joke.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At first I thought they just changed his cover art for some reason... nope! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    A lazy 2*? Seriously? Couldn't they have brought out a 2* Mr Fantastic or Thing instead? This is just a watered-down copy of the existing version. icon_e_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On a quick glimpse I THOUGHT it was Mr. Fantastic. I guess the positive (for me at least) that I'm more likely to max him out & use him than conpared to his 3 star counter part.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So if the new 2* was another Torch, I'm starting to suspect that the new X-Man will be another Wolverine. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So if the new 2* was another Torch, I'm starting to suspect that the new X-Man will be another Wolverine. icon_rolleyes.gif

There's room for a 1* Wolverine still.
  • Unknown
    Options
    don't know how to link it. but iceix said Void, Iron Patriot, 2* (now we know why he didn't say which one), and an x-men are in the pipeline. the two star was to give players a needed break from all the recent 3* character releases.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could have at least gave him new skills icon_neutral.gif

On another note, I'd quite like Rogue or Gambit.
    But that said, I'd also rather they didn't if they make them RUBBISH icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm really hoping for Gambit, but any X-men who aren't already in the game are fine by me (except for Quentin Quire, I do not like that kid).
  • Unknown
    Options
    My bet on the new xmen will be Colossus
    I hope he will be released after tinykitty HT
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    My bet on the new xmen will be Colossus
    I hope he will be released after tinykitty HT

Mawtful wrote:
    Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Jean were all deconfirmed.

I couldn't find the post I was thinking of (so now I think that maybe I was imagining it?), anyway, here's deconfirmation of 4 possible candidates for the next X-men character: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10735&start=60#p177092

That's Cyclops, White Queen, Colossus and Rogue as "on the cards" but not the next X-men.
    Given what we know (those 4 are out, Dark Reign storyline, popular/known heroes are more likely to draw interest & spending) I think the likely short list is Mystique, Nightcrawler, Beast, Iceman or Angel.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would bet the next X-man would be Namor... and I find it hard to count him as an X-Men. At C2E2 they used him as an example of color choosing, and they were coy when asked about why they used him as an example.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GuiltTrip wrote:
    I would bet the next X-man would be Namor... and I find it hard to count him as an X-Men. At C2E2 they used him as an example of color choosing, and they were coy when asked about why they used him as an example.

Calling Namor a member of the X-Men is a stretch. Unfortunately all I can think of when his name comes up is the old beat-em-up Avengers arcade game where he made a pointless cameo. "Thank you, Sub-Mariner!" Oy.

If I had a vote it would be for Rogue. Because she's awesome. I hate what they did to her in the movies, but I'm not even going to get started on that. But since she's been disavowed for this round of new characters I think I'd have to go with Beast. Could have a little direct attack action with some support abilities, and NOT another red/green combo please for the love of tiny kitties everywhere. Mystique has potential, although I don't totally consider her as part of the X-men either (Freedom Force represent!). Iceman? Meh. Angel? Meh. Jubilee? Don't push me, MPQ. Just don't. icon_razz.gif

But it'll probably be Gambit, because money.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Young hot Loki.

C'mon.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Young hot Loki.

C'mon.

icon_lol.gif

Though I would like that either way a] New Young Hot Loki would surely have better powers (cannot possibly get worse?) or b] Lazy Young Hot Loki would actually be useable as a 2*, since only want him for gimmick teams without the ridiculous ISO expense of actually levelling the 3* one.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Namor was one of the Dark X-Men and his most recent title was Namor, the First Mutant, so though it's a bit of a stretch, it is canon in the Marvel Universe (and the Dark Reign period) that he's considered a mutant/X-Man.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah... wonder when the dark x-men are going to start showing up...
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It will be Jubilee because everyone hates her, she will be released with an overpowered skillset which will result in everyone having to get her which will inflate her popularity, even though no one likes her.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mystique would certainly be interesting. One of her abilities could be to transform into one of the other teams characters and be able to use all of their powers. That would be some interesting design space... icon_e_surprised.gif