True Healing

Options
This feature is awful. One of the worst updates and a major downgrade / blow to this game.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This will make the game unplayable for PC/Steam players.

Mobile players are capable of making full use of the tightened regeneration cycle and putting in much, much more matches over the span of a day than Steam players are capable ofin the isolated chunk of evening and early morning time that they have available to them. With the new system, as a Steam player you have effectively been made unable to compete for relevant prizes.

CONGRATULATIONS DEVS! YOU FINALLY BROKE THE DAMNED GAME BEYOND REPAIR
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm honestly not following what you're saying here. Do you mean that mobile users can set their clocks ahead to avoid/bypass the healing wait time while Steam users cannot?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm honestly not following what you're saying here. Do you mean that mobile users can set their clocks ahead to avoid/bypass the healing wait time while Steam users cannot?

He's saying "Steam players usually can't carry their PC around with them all day and put matches in wherever they are."
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

He's saying "Steam players usually can't carry their PC around with them all day and put matches in wherever they are."

Exactly.

Healthpacks regenerate on a ~30min basis, meaning in ~2.5hrs your health packs have regenerated. On average this means you can start a run of matches, using up all your health packs in the process to keep everyone going, then run a final few matches, if you can/want. You then wait for ~2hrs and start up a new run of matches and have your health packs ready in time to be used again. If we discard the existence of healing powers, then this is the optimal playing schedule.

It is a schedule that only mobile playersare able to pull off. Steam players are naturally bound to playing in the early morning before leaving for work and in the evening after returning home. To build up momentum and rise in the ranks, Steam players were dependent on the existence of healing techniques. Those were a way to stretch survivability of teams so that they could last a few hours on end with the odd healthpack tossed in. Under the new healing system, that is no longer possible as health packs and natural regeneration are now the only ways to regain lost health permanently.

In other words; mobile players have now been given an extremely unfair advantage over Steam players that will make it disproportionally hard for Steam players to place well on the ladder rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let' us not use padded language.

This is not "True Healing".

This is an unannounced nerf to Spidey and OBW (and the unreleased she-hulk).

D3 - you deserve the middle finger.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    It is a schedule that only mobile playersare able to pull off. Steam players are naturally bound to playing in the early morning before leaving for work and in the evening after returning home. To build up momentum and rise in the ranks, Steam players were dependent on the existence of healing techniques. Those were a way to stretch survivability of teams so that they could last a few hours on end with the odd healthpack tossed in. Under the new healing system, that is no longer possible as health packs and natural regeneration are now the only ways to regain lost health permanently.

I wouldn't necessarily say this becomes an issue with Steam users. It more accurately affects casual players and those with limited gaming time. For instance, my unemployed brother can spend all day on his computer playing this game until he falls asleep. But I, who work 10 hours a day, can only play on my phone while I'm at home. Just because it's in my pocket doesn't mean I can pull it out whenever I like.

I get your point. But I think it effects those who want to play more the most. Because of my schedule, I normally only play twice a day (two large pushes). I rarely, if ever ran out of health packs before I ran out of time though. I see this making a bigger impact to those who want to grind all day and are now forced to wait for their teams to heal first.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Really? You took away the only way of playing more than 1-3 matches at a time by making health packs the only way to heal up? So you expect a steam player to blow money on this game every single day just to be able to compete?

As much as i enjoy Marvel Heroes, collecting covers and playing a puzzle game, this is as much as im able to stomach. You revealed that this game is solely intended to milk players for money while providing a sub par game that is not worth the money you expect us to spent on it. Thank you for making it clear so i can avoid any titles published by your company in the future. I just bought X-com in the steam sale and it was worth every cent i spent on it, one payment required- fun without a limit. That´s how it was for the longest time and your greedy company is trying to change that. I do not want to support such a company and any games made by it.

Hope you go bankrupt.
  • Unknown
    Options
    this really effects how i play i was going to invenst in coins not now with this change
  • Unknown
    Options
    This change irritated me so much I actually went online to find the forums and created an account to be able to upvote comments / participate in polls that are against it (not something I normally do)....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 93, random daily reward, Health Pack x3. Irony abounds.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lmao, I'm going to replace any bad word I use here with the word puppy!

D3 have seriously puppy'd this game up. It's turned into a P2P game and I don't give a puppy for games like that, games are meant for entertainment and if a game is F2P, it attains more fan and player base, a base that can turn in to sales. Just because there is a big base of those doesn't mean you should up the prices and change puppy that doesn't need changing, fixing sure, not changing. I liked the fact someone joined this forum to announce the new update was puppy. I don't really come here but figured I'd do the same as nyax2 and post my likewise unhappiness. Just makes me want to kick any D3 coder in the teeth.

Spidey and Black Widow took the biggest hit. I won't be buying nothing until any "true heal" bull-puppy gets reverted. I came a click away from uninstalling the app today but figured I'd express my feelings first, you guys beat me though lol.

D3 can puppy-off with these ridiculous updates. If you want people to come back and play every 3 hours or whatever, keep doing what your doing, eventually the game will be deleted from everywhere. Before everyone could be on for hours, now, it's more of a chore, I didn't realise what the problem was until today so you can go puppy yourself if you think I will support this garbage by buying anything, so think again.

Rant over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    D3 have screwed themselves plain and simple. How is this suppose to increase business for them? Seriously someone explain it to me? Because how does limiting how much people can play good for business? Especially with these massive PVP events they always have going? Do they really think people are going to spend money on getting health packs? Lets see do I either waste money on health packs which will be all used up really quick or do I just say screw it and SHIELD myself instead? Which are players going to pick more? If they don't reverse this patch or at least increase the amount of health packs to like 8-10 they will lose players at a very high rate.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm also quite disappointed in this change. It's especially a kick in the teeth for ALL PLAYERS who are competing in an event with a REQUIRED character!!!

Even IF I somehow had an insanely deep roster (which I don't), and could change my characters each and every round without feeling significantly weaker, you only have at most 6 games in a row to play since the featured character will likely need to be healed after each and every fight.

This disproportionately hurts intermediate players who had the ability to heal between matches to make up for not having a deeper roster which comes from (That's Right You Guessed It!) PLAYING THE GAME MORE!!! NOT LESS!!!

I hope you developers are happy with the number of players you have currently, because this is the official peak player base. It's all downhill from here. I've been getting people to play for months now, but after this I don't think I can recommend the game anymore.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I put $20** into the game last week for hero points that I'll no longer need after this god awful "We didn't actually think our changes through and they don't actually effect the issues we identified" TrueHealing change. I bought the HP to open up additional roster slots, but that's not gonna be an issue any more since I can no longer grind to get the reward covers. Any chance of a refund?

I have 41 unique characters
    : Doesn't matter. 5 are level 85, another 5 between 50 and 84, 6 more from 40-49. The rest I don't have the ISO-8 or covers to raise. Besides, You only let me use 8 of them for the Juggernaut event and the PvP events only let you choose 2.
    Healing is boring: yes it is. Grinding is boring in any RPG game, but it is a necessary part, or else everyone who starts is at the same level as people who spent months playing.
    Ares/Juggernaut are now OP: want to win PvP? Just make a team with those 2 on it. Their powers are so cheap and hit hard enough that you'll get skipped everytime. And since the damage they take when the computer is using them on your behalf, they are always at full health, so they can headbutt and sunder indefinitely.
    Spider-man, Black Widow, and the Jungle board are now pointless characters/levels: OBW's aggressive recon still has some merit, but the other 2 are like a urinal at an Indigo Girls concert: never gonna get used. The jungle board used to be worth it if you could take the 100 damage for the AP, then heal it back. Now you can't heal it. You have to wait 10-15 minutes to get it back.

To highlight exactly how attrocious this is: Let's look at my playing yesterday vs today:

Yesterday (before work): played 6 Juggernaut stages (top 10 rank when done), about 12 PvP/lightning round (elapsed time: 1hr)
    Today: About the same (more juggernaut, less pvp, but same # battles) (1hr) (#1 rank when done)

Yesterday (during lunch): played 8 juggernaut stages (#2 rank when finished), 4-5 Pvp (Human Torch event to get top 50), 2 prologue heals (1hr)
    Today: 3 Juggernaut stages (2 were losses), 5 pvp. All my characters over lvl 40 were dead or so low it wasn't worth putting them in (20 minutes) (#40 rank)

Yesterday (after work): do 10 juggernaut runs (#1 rank), handful of lightning rounds (1.5hrs)
    Today 4 juggernaut stages (used 5 health packs, still 2 losses), 2 pvp, rage quit in frustration. Sit around for 2.5hrs while characters heal, try another juggernaut, get a bad board, die, sit 2.5hrs again, (#100 rank)

Yesterday (before bed): do 10-12 juggernaut runs (#1 ranking again), a few lightning rounds for ISO (1.5hrs)
    Today: try to rush at the end (use 6 more health packs). get 2 boards cleared, die on 2 more. Final ranking: 140.

Totals:
    Yesterday: did roughly 75 battles. Actively played for about 4 hours. Saw real progress. Enjoyed the game.
    Today: did roughly half as many battles, actively played for about 2.5hrs. Spent 1.5hrs watching health bars tick up. Raged several times. My dog even got scared I was yelling and swearing in anger so much.

All this TrueHealing is doing is making it so that those of us who aren't at the top and don't have a full collection of level 141 and above cards can't play competatively. The time I used to spend playing and enjoying the game is now spent watching my top 10 to 15 heroes' lives tick up 1 hp at a time waiting for them to heal. If you thought grinding and heal runs were boring, I can't imagine why you think watching health bars tick up at 10hp per minute is exciting. You just effectively eliminated the middle class. Those that were willing to work hard at the game. The gap between the top players and those in the middle just widened immensly.

**I've put $70 total into the game. That's more than I've spent in any android app ever. Only asking for the $20 I put in right before you changed the rules on me. I really liked the grinding and collecting aspect. You've essentially killed that. It was pokemon, but for comic book nerds. Until today, I was missing 1 cover (Nick Fury). After this fiasco trying to get she-hulk, I'm not sure if I'm gonna play any more. I've already told my alliance (all friends in real life), to go ahead and boot me for now if they want an active player.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nyax2 wrote:
    This change irritated me so much I actually went online to find the forums and created an account to be able to upvote comments / participate in polls that are against it (not something I normally do)....

Same here. Also revamped my rating of the game from 5 to 2 in the App Store.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the 1* days, it worked like this. You were lucky to get 2* covers and had to take breaks or spend HP for health packs.

Eventually OBW became useable, as I got enough covers and ISO for her not to be squishy, and the game changed. I found that I was playing the game in all my free time, because I could. I sometimes paid HP for health packs when in an event, but mostly I didn't have to. I didn't have to prologue heal, because there was always another event I could enter where my opposition was easy enough for me to recover all my hit points. Having a decent 3* roster (at least 3 over level 100) was only a matter of weeks or a few months away.

Now we're back to the mechanics of the 1* times. And now a decent 3* roster has disappeared over the horizon unless I want to pay for the covers and ISO, because I can't play enough in the events to get a decent placing. Unless I want to pay for health packs.

Lunchtime, with the New Health Economy, I managed to play all of 5 rounds of HK. My 2/1/0 GSBW is too squishy, she gets toasted straight away, I might as well use the loaner. But then I'm at a disadvantage to those with a half-decent GSBW who managed to win a game. My 2* team lose half their points every game. This evening I even tried my level 57 3* Hulk (3/5/2 I think), he lasted about a minute as although he's got decent hit points, he does kitty-all damage. A cheating Sunder from an Ares with more yellow than the screen says he has and Hulk is also toast.

I had a go at a lightning round, and managed a couple of victories. Even using OBW I find I'm looking for blue and healing as soon as I have enough. And my team still get smacked with a cascade or two. Heal or wait.

I used to look forward to playing this, and played whenever I could, as neglected wife and children will attest. But after a couple of sessions today I don't really feel like playing any more.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The truth is, i have never been this addicted to any game before, PS, PS2, PS3, PC or otherwise. i ignore the rants of people trying to get me and cant because my phone somehow gives the game priority and blocks their calls rendering my phone into a virtual Marvel Puzzle Quest handheld game. I even ignore the occasional remarks of my wife about time and effort spent invested in a game. in the last 2 verses events i finally placed in the top 10 with my not powered up roster. Somehow it was a truly euphoric to break shield , fight a few fights hoping that nobody fights you during and the excitement of re shielding and hoping. I am sure i speak for alot of player when I say that this update is truly heart breaking, it just kills all the excitement and makes playing the game more meticulous, tedious and in a way serious. It has killed off the fun, enjoyment and excitement factor, the wait for health to replenish is so long and the fact that you can only do 2 battles or so without health packs make it difficult for anyone to stay connected to the game.

I can imagine how long it will take for persons to get rewards this season with only 2 fights per hour or so and the probability of loosing adds to the negative game play. I understand any company's need to generate revenue and while i didn't intend to spend money, I eventually did, to buys slots and shields because in the end the gratification was worth the money i spent. but now to spend money on health packs and to basically render one of my favourite characters almost useless since for OBW to even acquire AP to steal AP(which is her only useful ability now) she will be vulnerable to attack and might even die before being of any use. also, i did enjoy fighting teams with her since it calls for a revision of tactics.

In closing, I think that D3 could have been a bit more patient and they would have receive more revenue for every player eventually, at least those that would have achieved rewards/covers and needed to extend rosters and buy shield to compete in versus events. I am truly disappointed with this update and i hope the D3 recalls it.(or at least significantly increase the health recovery times to maybe X10 or something)
  • Unknown
    Options
    abmoraz wrote:
    I put $20** into the game last week for hero points that I'll no longer need after this god awful "We didn't actually think our changes through and they don't actually effect the issues we identified" TrueHealing change. I bought the HP to open up additional roster slots, but that's not gonna be an issue any more since I can no longer grind to get the reward covers. Any chance of a refund?

I have 41 unique characters
    : Doesn't matter. 5 are level 85, another 5 between 50 and 84, 6 more from 40-49. The rest I don't have the ISO-8 or covers to raise. Besides, You only let me use 8 of them for the Juggernaut event and the PvP events only let you choose 2.
    Healing is boring: yes it is. Grinding is boring in any RPG game, but it is a necessary part, or else everyone who starts is at the same level as people who spent months playing.
    Ares/Juggernaut are now OP: want to win PvP? Just make a team with those 2 on it. Their powers are so cheap and hit hard enough that you'll get skipped everytime. And since the damage they take when the computer is using them on your behalf, they are always at full health, so they can headbutt and sunder indefinitely.
    Spider-man, Black Widow, and the Jungle board are now pointless characters/levels: OBW's aggressive recon still has some merit, but the other 2 are like a urinal at an Indigo Girls concert: never gonna get used. The jungle board used to be worth it if you could take the 100 damage for the AP, then heal it back. Now you can't heal it. You have to wait 10-15 minutes to get it back.

To highlight exactly how attrocious this is: Let's look at my playing yesterday vs today:

Yesterday (before work): played 6 Juggernaut stages (top 10 rank when done), about 12 PvP/lightning round (elapsed time: 1hr)
    Today: About the same (more juggernaut, less pvp, but same # battles) (1hr) (#1 rank when done)

Yesterday (during lunch): played 8 juggernaut stages (#2 rank when finished), 4-5 Pvp (Human Torch event to get top 50), 2 prologue heals (1hr)
    Today: 3 Juggernaut stages (2 were losses), 5 pvp. All my characters over lvl 40 were dead or so low it wasn't worth putting them in (20 minutes) (#40 rank)

Yesterday (after work): do 10 juggernaut runs (#1 rank), handful of lightning rounds (1.5hrs)
    Today 4 juggernaut stages (used 5 health packs, still 2 losses), 2 pvp, rage quit in frustration. Sit around for 2.5hrs while characters heal, try another juggernaut, get a bad board, die, sit 2.5hrs again, (#100 rank)

Yesterday (before bed): do 10-12 juggernaut runs (#1 ranking again), a few lightning rounds for ISO (1.5hrs)
    Today: try to rush at the end (use 6 more health packs). get 2 boards cleared, die on 2 more. Final ranking: 140.

Totals:
    Yesterday: did roughly 75 battles. Actively played for about 4 hours. Saw real progress. Enjoyed the game.
    Today: did roughly half as many battles, actively played for about 2.5hrs. Spent 1.5hrs watching health bars tick up. Raged several times. My dog even got scared I was yelling and swearing in anger so much.

All this TrueHealing is doing is making it so that those of us who aren't at the top and don't have a full collection of level 141 and above cards can't play competatively. The time I used to spend playing and enjoying the game is now spent watching my top 10 to 15 heroes' lives tick up 1 hp at a time waiting for them to heal. If you thought grinding and heal runs were boring, I can't imagine why you think watching health bars tick up at 10hp per minute is exciting. You just effectively eliminated the middle class. Those that were willing to work hard at the game. The gap between the top players and those in the middle just widened immensly.

**I've put $70 total into the game. That's more than I've spent in any android app ever. Only asking for the $20 I put in right before you changed the rules on me. I really liked the grinding and collecting aspect. You've essentially killed that. It was pokemon, but for comic book nerds. Until today, I was missing 1 cover (Nick Fury). After this fiasco trying to get she-hulk, I'm not sure if I'm gonna play any more. I've already told my alliance (all friends in real life), to go ahead and boot me for now if they want an active player.

Send D3 a ticket demanding/asking for them to reimburse you. After D3 rejects your request, file a claim with the Apple Store or Google Play store or wherever you made your purchase. Inform them that D3 refused to accomodate your request and that D3 made in game changes WITH NO ADVANCE NOTICE TO THE PLAYER BASE and then you should get your money back.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get the impression that this new healing dynamic was the product of some tinykitty panel called "How to Monetizing Whales For the Retention of Virality".
  • Unknown
    Options
    So no update just straight up changed the game without warning awesome.... Well it's clear you have truly ruined a fun/addictive game! If true healing stays the same kiss my funding good bye! I easily spend £15-20 a month with roster building and alliance building.

Some of the recent updates have really destroyed the fun of this game and made it a complete P2P game only where those that can afford to splash out £70 a time for big coins and packs win the game, 1 sided! icon_cry.gif

Who could have predicted an app take the same analogy as the fat cats at the banks.