Forgotten Requests

Firstofhisname419
Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited October 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

What are some fixes, or quality-of-life improvements, that have long gone untouched? A few that have immediately come to mind the last few days:

• Please eliminate the token creature animation. There are a lot of cards that let players and Greg generate tons of token creatures (Tainted Adversary is a particularly bad case in Standard). Especially if someone is playing with "Card Visual Aid" set to "Off," we shouldn't have to sit through 50 token animations. Just put all the generated tokens on the battlefield at once, or eliminate the animation so that they stack quickly.
  • [Edited, since someone pointed out Loop Prevention was addressed this month.]
  • A card improvement that was brought up but never fixed: Jazal Goldmane says, "When this creature attacks: Your creatures get +X/+X..." The trigger should be at the start of your combat step; right now, if Jazal isn't your first creature, those before him only get pumped after they've attacked. And even if you plan it out so that Jazal is cast first, he'll get bumped back by anything with Defender or Vigilance.

Those are the ones that immediately came to my mind. What are some other requests that need to be revisited?

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh lord this gonna be a long thread if we're gonna bump everything that's gone unaddressed...

• fox1342_2
    fox1342_2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In

'Loss of life' vs 'take damage' bug effects so many cards! Vraska's 3rd ability just for 1 but many many more.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler

Me doing this thread again, it might get rowdy. I'll condense the wishlist to the top three.

-standard filter on deck building
    -something to do with runes (foil cards/buy a mulligan/buy a timed xp multiplier)
    -revolving modern training ground

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022

ok all I am going to put is this (12:00) we all know never to end or start a game at the top of an hour. but really should we have to worry about that every single game??? so by this post its been 2 years. but I am 100% I could go back further its been a thing ever since I can remember @Oktagon_Support
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83982/lost-a-match-because-it-ended-at-top-of-hour

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In

@Tezzeret said:
    Me doing this thread again, it might get rowdy. I'll condense the wishlist to the top three.

-something to do with runes (foil cards/buy a mulligan/buy a timed xp multiplier)

I'm curious, what would a revolving modern training ground be? Like it changes set blocks throughout the week?

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

@wraszowixuXuxi said:

@Tezzeret said:

I'm curious, what would a revolving modern training ground be? Like it changes set blocks throughout the week?

Yep! I've made this request, too. We need something to mix this game up a little more. For example, FtV is a great set with a lot of potentially cool things to do with it, but we have one event that has a very specific set of objectives that really don't let us use the native mechanics in the set.

I'm sure the thought process is like "Well, we can't do a WAR block TG because that would exclude new players." That's an understandable point. It would be awesome if we had the ability to select our TG of the day from a menu. Newer players could select the Standard or Legacy TG, and people with enough of a collection could try out the restricted variant.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

Would love to see more restricted block events, as well as pauper/peasant events as well

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

@Mainloop25 said:
    Would love to see more restricted block events, as well as pauper/peasant events as well

Enforced pauper/peasant on the node where it is an objective as well please.

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

@ArielSira said:

@Mainloop25 said:

Enforced pauper/peasant on the node where it is an objective as well please.

Actually I rather that all deck build objectives be enforced every time. But doubtful it'll ever happen.

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler

Great ideas, but if only one would be implemented, I'd choose this one:
    "token creature animation"
    Zariel's devil token summons do this, so we know it's not new code.

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker

The deck edit bug where you can’t edit decks and have to restart the game. Almost daily and never not annoying.

• Epitymbidia
    Epitymbidia Posts: 21 Just Dropped In

@Zzyzzx said:

Zariel always only creates ONE single red devil token - and then reinforces it. That is completely different.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker

@Epitymbidia said:

@Zzyzzx said:

Zariel always only creates ONE single red devil token - and then reinforces it. That is completely different.

Dovin, Grand Arbiter's 3rd ability reinforces creatures multiple times with a single animation.

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker

@Janosik said:

@Epitymbidia said:

@Zzyzzx said:

Dovin, Grand Arbiter's 3rd ability reinforces creatures multiple times with a single animation.

Academy Elite can reinforce itself 1000 times in less than a second, it would take three hours to create 1000 1/1 Academy Elites...

The point is the reinforce animation is instant, creating 1000 separate creatures is another matter entirely

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@TheHunter said:
    The deck edit bug where you can’t edit decks and have to restart the game. Almost daily and never not annoying.

actually if you go to deck name and edit it go back to deck edit it should work without exiting out of the game

• greenmeanie1
    greenmeanie1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

I asked this a few yrs ago. Why can’t they have a single human soldier token like zombies. I know there some that are vigilant human solder and there are ones with lifelink. Those are totally different. But the others all have different pictures but say human soldier. When summon them out they a deck slot because of the different picture.