Lost a match because it ended at top of hour

Options
I lost a match because it ended with an SWW at 6:00pm local time. This match was in the Rise of Adventure coalition event.
See link for screenshot of SWW and remaining life before moving to next match.

Why is it an issue when games end on an hour?

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Metrognomy - you should also be careful about starting a match right on the hour, you risk getting a SWW error, which can sometimes cause a lost match.
  • Metrognomy
    Metrognomy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This one ended on the hour not started. It took a while to play so it caught me out but how is that an issue?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Metrognomy - you should also be careful about starting a match right on the hour, you risk getting a SWW error, which can sometimes cause a lost match.
    I have done this far more than I care to admit. But then I have to ask myself... why am I starting matches at the top of the hour so often? :D
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Metrognomy - I understand that your bug was an ending problem, I just felt that I should warn you about the starting issue. :smile:

Why it is an issue, I do not know, but it is a quirky thing about this app that it does something when a new hour starts. Would I like to be without it, sure. Mostly, I try to work around it instead of fighting it.

@Gunmix25 - :smiley: Yes, you should know better by now, but I guess you may be a slow learner. :wink:
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only encounter these problems when an event ends.  Since that always happens at an hour change it can seem like it's the hour change causing it. Being in the deck editor during this time is particularly annoying since it kicks you out to tell you an event ends, thus undoing anything you were working on.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:

@Gunmix25 - :smiley: Yes, you should know better by now, but I guess you may be a slow learner. :wink:
    I know, shame on me.  :p:wink:
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    I have done this far more than I care to admit. But then I have to ask myself... why am I starting matches at the top of the hour so often? :D
    Could be worse, you could be like me and always be about 75% done building a new deck in the deckbuilder at the top of the hour. Somehow I still haven't learned either...
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every time I have “lost” a match due to the top o’ the hour bug, I’ve found that when I got back to the event, it has the right score.