***** Arcade (Edward Acra) *****

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Got my 1/1/1 Arcade from MODOK shards, thanks for the retro rewards Dev Team! Of course since I just threw in for a 10-pack in the anniversary vault, I have 3 covers for 3* arcade on the vine waiting on my HP to recover; first time in a good long time I've  had an HP pinch to roster a 3* lol.
  • allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Do the trap tiles do damage when matched or destroyed?  Cause they should.  But it doesn't say anywhere in dude's powers that they do.

If not, this guy is utter ****.  Even if they do, he's still a wet fart.  Trap characters could be good, but they never are.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, please let someone actually proof read these powers before you publish them. This one is borderline incomprehensible.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like I said 2 5* covers, even 5 free 5* covers, is not that much. Still it's needed to play a lot and to pull consistently for to champ them.
    Even champing them, it's still not much. A baby champed character can be useful on the godboost week but with a 453 level 5* nobody can say to feel as be ruling on 5* land.
    A character useful would be hitting at least 480 level.
    And players being on 5* land? Imo at this heights all players playing for some time actually should already be on 5* land and in a consistently way. If devs want to incentive it giving some free covers it's because they have their reasons, if they saw negative effects they already had reverted it and actually it's the opposite. 
    Thinking that giving presents would shutdown the game is former's devs mentality.
    In any case it looks the same as present ones, months are passing by and the game continues alive.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Do the trap tiles do damage when matched or destroyed?  Cause they should.  But it doesn't say anywhere in dude's powers that they do.

If not, this guy is utter ****.  Even if they do, he's still a wet fart.  Trap characters could be good, but they never are.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, please let someone actually proof read these powers before you publish them. This one is borderline incomprehensible.

Just done a PVE match with him.
    It doesn't say it in the powers description but on the board it shows it. Murderworld tiles when matched by an enemy do the listed damage and destroy 1 enemy AP in that color (does this go up with more covers?). When matched by an ally they do the listed damage and you gain 1 AP in that color.
    It seems like the control room tile does nothing but modify the Murderworld tiles.
    The trap tiles are also boosted at least they were by Emma.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realised when I was updating the feeder list that we have a 5* who has a permanent double feeders: Kitty Pryde. Doop and Kate Pryde feed her. I think it might be due to her being Fan Favourite though. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Here are some additional details from in-game:

Max number of Murderworld trap tiles: 10
    Min number of Murderworld trap tiles to trigger destruction: 8
    Doombot can generate 2 Murderworld trap tiles each turn and they can stack. If you have 3 running, up to 6 trap tiles will be created.

His blue power doesn't remember the total number of removed trap tiles in a particular colour for the entire game, but it calculates them based on the number of removed coloured tiles at the point of firing. You can't choose trap tiles of that colour group if it doesn't exist. If you don't have red/yellow trap tiles for it to remove, you can't choose that effect.

Players matching his trap tiles generate 1 aps, while enemies have 1 ap destroyed in that colour. It looks like a last minute buff?
  • TheRiddler
    Options
    Yeah there are several things that weren't in the original description does seem like a buff.
  • Bad
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I think the same. It's a fun character to play but unpredictable as all he does is based on rng colored tiles traps. By the way that makes him awful on AI's hands.
    Insert coin is a really cheap power which can do a lot depending on how runs the battle. 
    And overall he has a lot of damaging passives although usually random, great for apoc/okoye.
    I think it's a good third wheel and the 3* version will be more played because it's almost identical.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got my free cover, thanks Devs! Annnnnnnnnd I am done with him unless the next 5's are proper good.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I just came back from his 3* counterpart and I want to say his 3* version has potential to deal crazy damage. His blue could deal damage even higher than many 5* at level 166. Even if you removed only 5 black/purple trap tiles with his blue power at 5 cover, your aoe is ~20k for a level 166 3* unboosted.

Now, I'll just look at the damage potential for his 5* blue here. His blue can deal 45720 AoE with 5 black/blue tiles removed and 12175 for his single target damage. If somehow you can make 10 trap tiles on blue/black, it's 91440 aoe at level 450.

His Purple will likely hit 28-30k easily for 7 purple aps at 5 covers.

His black, if you could spam them, will see you hit 20k single target + 5k Aoe every turn passively after firing them.

This guy is a damage machine. He's not your SC or Dr Thor. But for a trap tile dependent characted, the damage potential is really high. What's more his trap tiles net you +1ap when matched for his 3* version I'm not sure if 5* version will give 2aps instead.
  • Bad
    Options
    10 trap tiles on blue/black is more possible than all traps on same color(domino or sersi could give a hand).
    If he can do all that damage just by himself, imagine with apoc/okoye. 
    Still if he can do easily enough damage just by himself he could be meta. 
  • TheRiddler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I don't see it being meta (in a pick 2 anyways) because it takes time to get going and is RNG dependent.
    That blue team damage for example. You gotta get 7 blue AP to fire it. In order to have 4/5 black/purple trap tiles on the board its gonna at least 3 rounds possibly 2 if you get extremely lucky. Then its a 3-turn countdown tile. So you are looking at a minimum 5-6 rounds to get that off. That is alot that has to happen specifically to get that to happen that fast.
    And in the case of using him with Okoye or Apocalypse to boost you need to be chasing his colors early to get them going. That means you likely aren't getting the yellow/teamup tiles to get the boosts going early either.
    He has the ability to do a ton of damage. But I don't think it will have the consistency where people will take him into PVP and hope that they get a good board.
    I reserve the right to be wrong and not get shamed for it. Just opinion.
  • Bad
    edited October 2022
    Options

I like that phrase, I should use it often.
    On this very thread says insert coin is 6 AP.
    In game shows 7.
    Still at level 5 red/yellow repeater is 1 turn, the others repeaters 2 turn.
    And there is always the AoE robot with friendly AoE which is great for charging wanda repeater (just a secret: electro too).
    Altought yes, it's a team depending on collecting AP like the old times.
  • TheRiddler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Bad said:

I like that phrase, I should use it often.
    On this very thread says insert coin is 6 AP.
    In game shows 7.
    Still at level 5 red/yellow repeater is 1 turn, the others repeaters 2 turn.
    And there is always the AoE robot with friendly AoE which is great for charging wanda repeater (just a secret: electro too).
    Altought yes, it's a team depending on collecting AP like the old times.

Yeah thats interesting with Wanda. Have you done it with Electro? I can't get it to do anything and her power says "whenever an enemy power would deal damage to entire team".
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanda and electro don’t charge on friendly damage
  • Bad
    Options
    Do you see why should I use that phrase often?
    Playing his 3* pvp he really helps a lot with his last minute buff gaining AP and destroying it.
    Great addition! Now he is good on both versions, and there are players already having maxed the 3*.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    He won't be meta but he can be fun. He, like most trap tile based characters, is weak against tiles spammers. He's more suitable for pves than pvps. With Chasm/iHulk, Dr Thor, Polaris/BRB, dominating pvps, his trap tiles will be rendered useless since they requires matching instead of destroying.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am having some fun with Arcade in pve since he is boosted. His traps “tick” damage can be boosted with apoc yellow, so it adds up. His blue is much better than I remembered, as it deals instant damage FIRST. I always forget that part. Also, poison cloud is great. 2 turn for massive aoe. And as the cd is fortified, you can match it to trigger the stun. It will still survive for countdown.