***** Arcade (Edward Acra) *****

Options

Comments

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Agree with most - it's hard to get excited about trap tiles, and the damage amounts don't strike me as impressive. Looks like a fun character, like Big Wheel, where you get many small damages, but not enough for take downs. 

Thinking ahead, Arcade's stock could go up - especially if there's a 5* character that 'charges up' for every trap tile that expires/gets destroyed/removed. If a 5* like that does show up - especially before the end of 2023, Arcade could find redemption. Otherwise he will probably find himself on the B/C tier - waiting for the pefect pair.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Arcade's abilities get increased damaged whenever they are removed. Once you get Doombot on the board, it's running on it own. Then, you need to find 6 blue aps to deal those massive AoE or single target damage. Unfortunately, Doombots and his other abilities don't stack. If not, he's removing 5-6 trap tiles per turn and then adding them back with the right team. I think the dev saw that coming so they decided  to put a cap of 1 to all his non-trap character tiles.

It's pretty similar to 5* Storm black active power. If she doesn't have a cap to her AoE, she and Dr Thor should be a popular pick two against Chasm/iHulk. She can one shot the entire team with enough charged tiles on the board.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Team Self Damage?!?
    HARD pass...
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm guessing MODOK will be the primary feed (cover, 100/100/200 shards) and Bishop will be the secondary? Or is it the other way around?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing MODOK will be the primary feed (cover, 100/100/200 shards) and Bishop will be the secondary? Or is it the other way around?
    All 4* feeders are the same, there are no primary and secondary feeders in that tier.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The dev is really generous with their retroactive rewards. I wonder what the future tradeoff behind this is. I'm probably getting 3-4 covers of Arcade when this change goes live. Veteran players are getting about 8 or more covers without pulling any LTs: 2-3 from pves, 2 from boss events and up to 6 (or more for some) from MODOK. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m not sure how many people have big MODOKs out there; mine is 322 just from organic growth so I’ll ende up with 3 Arcades.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The dev is really generous with their retroactive rewards. I wonder what the future tradeoff behind this is. I'm probably getting 3-4 covers of Arcade when this change goes live. Veteran players are getting about 8 or more covers without pulling any LTs: 2-3 from pves, 2 from boss events and up to 6 (or more for some) from MODOK. 

I wonder how much this is generosity and how much is changing the model to get people to pay. I know people like to think frugality is the best method to get whales to contribute to the game but  that is based on our intuition and none of us have the research at our disposal to test that assumption. My guess is that someone in marketing decided that the best way to attract new players is to give out rewards. We only consider it generosity because the marketing model changed.

Or the new developers are trying to cultivate good will by being generous with rewards.  In either case, I hope they update feeders for existing characters so that everyone has one sooner rather than later. I have a bunch of 5*s I need rostered.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    All 4* feeders are the same, there are no primary and secondary feeders in that tier.
    I think that question is about the 3->4 feeding.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options

I said it before in another thread, but I continue to believe the unstated goal is to abandon all the lower tier play as fast as possible and push new players and everyone else into 5* play ASAP. The best way to do that is to give out 5* at a much higher rate so they are easily coverable but take a LONG time to max champ.

Ultimately, I would not be surprised in the least if the 1* and 2* characters were folded into the 3* tier so that a 3* character was the lowest given out from any token.

If at the same time they raised the max champ levels from +100 to +150 for 4 and 5* characters it would give everyone a lot more to chase in both tiers.

KGB
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:

I said it before in another thread, but I continue to believe the unstated goal is to abandon all the lower tier play as fast as possible and push new players and everyone else into 5* play ASAP. The best way to do that is to give out 5* at a much higher rate so they are easily coverable but take a LONG time to max champ.

Ultimately, I would not be surprised in the least if the 1* and 2* characters were folded into the 3* tier so that a 3* character was the lowest given out from any token.

If at the same time they raised the max champ levels from +100 to +150 for 4 and 5* characters it would give everyone a lot more to chase in both tiers.

KGB
    Folding the 1* and 2* tiers into 3* was my idea for the game ages ago. I love reading similar thoughts.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    About the feeders: they could let all new 5*s without any feeder for 2 years, like former devs used to do.
    Or give the feeder to some new 4* character who fought they at some point on their large history plot, and so not giving a lot of free 5* retroactive covers.
    Or they could never provide feeders. So it's indeed generosity, and I think it's not needed to prove it too much already: they are really generous.
    About the "new model marketing ": 2 or 3 5* covers rarely will make players to enter 5* land, or softcappers to suddenly enter it.
    2 or 3 5* covers don't make much difference.
    However, being a too precious reward, players who are on 4* land possibly will roster them. Players who are majority on the playerbase and possibly otherwise never would roster that 5* character (more hp spent).
    So I think it's a generous and a smart move.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do the Murderworld Trap tiles do anything other than acting as a force multiplier for the other abilities (similar to 3-star Doctor Doom's purple power)?
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Retro Arcade rewards are live.
    Thanks Devs  B)
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I'm not sure how they are going to abandon lower tier play when they are still pushing out 2* bundles. By abandoning lower tier plays, this will have a domino effect on the value and pricing of 3* to 5* bundles. 

Assuming that what you think is true, then new players hitting 5* tier easily, which is the end game content of MPQ, means that we will see the demise of MPQ soon. By making the most valuable resources easily available, why would players bother to spend? I'm not sure why players would be happy with such generosity without any tradeoff unless they are looking forward to MPQ shutting down.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MODOK got updated, but Bishop is not feeding as of yet.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Only MODOK feeds 5* Arcade. 3* Arcade feeds both MODOK and Bishop though. Only MODOK points to feeding 5* Arcade.

Look at the arrows.

You might be thinking both Jubilee and Teen Jean are feeding 5* Phoenix; therefore, both Bishop and MODOK shall feed 5* Arcade. However, the dev has already mentioned this arrangement is temporary.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Only MODOK feeds 5* Arcade. 3* Arcade feeds both MODOK and Bishop though. Only MODOK points to feeding 5* Arcade.

Look at the arrows.

You might be thinking both Jubilee and Teen Jean are feeding 5* Phoenix; therefore, both Bishop and MODOK shall feed 5* Arcade. However, the dev has already mentioned this arrangement is temporary.
    I had assumed both as well.  But now that you explain the graphic I see it correctly now.  Thank you. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Look at the arrows.

I had assumed both as well.  But now that you explain the graphic I see it correctly now.  Thank you. 
    Yeah I had assumed both would feed, too.
    Now the arrow makes sense.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure how they are going to abandon lower tier play when they are still pushing out 2* bundles. By abandoning lower tier plays, this will have a domino effect on the value and pricing of 3* to 5* bundles. 

Assuming that what you think is true, then new players hitting 5* tier easily, which is the end game content of MPQ, means that we will see the demise of MPQ soon. By making the most valuable resources easily available, why would players bother to spend? I'm not sure why players would be happy with such generosity without any tradeoff unless they are looking forward to MPQ shutting down.
    Why would you presume that hitting the 5* tier more easily would translate into MPQ shutting down due to less spending?

The primary driver is still roster slots and players would still need to spend to get those. All the newer 5* releases seem to be more health pack intensive too so players may have to spend on that too.

The most valuable resources are still CP, HP and to some extent ISO (which would be even more valuable if the game moved to all 3* and up) once you reach the ISO drought stage. None of that is going to be handed out more often even if 5* covers are.

KGB