**** Deathlok (Michael Collins) ****

Options
13»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So his great support passive is really restricted to a special group.
    Still he can do a lot of damage with his focus points ala SC.
    Still he is more flexible than SC as the way to lose the focus points is match damage to another enemy, also he doesn't need to be in front for granting the extra focus damage.
    Fun, supportive, and reliable character.
    Awesome design!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With the actualization to affiliations deathlock could work great with yellow jacket, big wheel, riri or shuri.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He looks pretty neat, really looking forward to giving him a spin.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:
    With the actualization to affiliations deathlock could work great with yellow jacket, big wheel, riri or shuri.

4* Human Torch also.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Shuri/Vulture/Deathlok: generating mad AP, for cheap casts of DEathlok blue, trickle feeding shuri red and making thine enemies casts costly+3 and stealing 2 ap in strongest 2 colors(not two in each but worth mentioning as a positive cuz strongest is overly restrictive and becomes 0pool)!!
    Ymmv but shuri will tank overhim unless I can find right eq, too bad because spam casting his blue would keep him topped.
    I wanna build a SHIELD tech team! Coulson, deathlock and fitz… maybe this character release is the Agents of SHIELD vers? confirms that Disney is bringing back AoS like Netflix- ohh whats that?! They were in charge of it the whole time ? and still didn’t have any crossovers.. ohhhhh
    (Lady Sif says Am I nothing to you!!)

Looks great, kinda complicated like the trend is but not overly. Impactful passives that encourages creative team building are always meta adjacent. I think fits the Punisher feedertree well and was for me #2 behind Night Nurse on that list of chars they sent us so will def be jumping to front of 4* shard line.

• smiley22
    smiley22 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options

Super pumped about this one. When I was 10 and getting big into comics Deathlok issue 1 came out (1990) and it was my favorite comic for a long time. Been voting for him in every poll over the years. My dream was a 5*, but I will gladly take a very useful 4*, just excited to have him in the game finally!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@purplemur said:
    Shuri/Vulture/Deathlok: generating mad AP, for cheap casts of DEathlok blue, trickle feeding shuri red and making thine enemies casts costly+3 and stealing 2 ap in strongest 2 colors(not two in each but worth mentioning as a positive cuz strongest is overly restrictive and becomes 0pool)!!
    Ymmv but shuri will tank overhim unless I can find right eq, too bad because spam casting his blue would keep him topped.
    I wanna build a SHIELD tech team! Coulson, deathlock and fitz… maybe this character release is the Agents of SHIELD vers? confirms that Disney is bringing back AoS like Netflix- ohh whats that?! They were in charge of it the whole time ? and still didn’t have any crossovers.. ohhhhh
    (Lady Sif says Am I nothing to you!!)

Looks great, kinda complicated like the trend is but not overly. Impactful passives that encourages creative team building are always meta adjacent. I think fits the Punisher feedertree well and was for me #2 behind Night Nurse on that list of chars they sent us so will def be jumping to front of 4* shard line.

This version of Deathlok is the third incarnation and not the Agents of SHIELD one.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Congrats to the Deathlok hopefuls. Such an addition gives me hope for my own recurring request to be met eventually.

And he looks like he'll have a useful place in the 4* tier with possibility of punching up with unique abilities.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options

My memory's a bit fuzzy but wasn't he in the last survey where the community got to pick the 4*? The one that Black Knight ended up winning.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    My memory's a bit fuzzy but wasn't he in the last survey where the community got to pick the 4*? The one that Black Knight ended up winning.

I think he was.
    I don't remember if it was something officially said, or just forumite speculation, that all those characters will eventually come to the game, we were just picking which one would be first.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I would love an off season bagman/deadpool boosted Oops all Florida event!
    Alliances have been wanting something else to do after clearing boss prog trees: like in Mario when 1-1 is replaced with beetles instead of koopas; unlocks Oops all Florida!!
    Run a very short 3 day concurrent season; Call it Hurricane Season; it is a Heroic limited Oops all Florida! but proceeds goes to relief and spending can increase leaderboard.

Devs:Thanks for the great game, appreciate keeping things light-hearted while keeping in tune with our experiences; know it’s a lot and your hard work is appreciated by most of us!

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options

AHHH, THANK YOU! -- from one of the aforementioned Deathlok-hopefuls here who'd oft-mentioned him in many a poll. His art and ability-design looks phenomenal, and I love that it's specifically the 1990s Deathlok, Michael Collins. He looks like he'll provide awesome support to new players, transitioning players, or veteran players like myself. Kudos!!!

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hm, I just got lots of Dethlok shards from Punisher champ awards, but I can't see him in my roster at all. Am I missing something? Is he not yet released?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Thanks for all the Deathlok shards! Assume he will be rosterable once his introduction event starts?

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, he has in indeed turned up!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

He's rosterable right now. What are you guys talking about?

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

For a few hours the shards from Punisher's Champion Reward update were available, but Deathlok was not showing in the roster to use them. I'm guessing he appeared after the morning data push.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ZeiramMR said:

@killahKlown said:

For a few hours the shards from Punisher's Champion Reward update were available, but Deathlok was not showing in the roster to use them. I'm guessing he appeared after the morning data push.

He was not yet in the mood to demolish.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

It would be cool to get 4* Cyclops champ rewards redirected to his 5* counterpart with Deathlok now feeding Cable.

I know Echo feeds him, but like the devs, this gives me problems with my OCD.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

Came here to say that Deathlok is easily one of the best batteries in the game, and he's amazing with so many characters. My favorite pairing lately? Deathlok and Shang Chi with anyone that matches Deathlok's affiliation passive. Devastating when the combo and focus points are high.