**** Spider-Man (Oscorp) ****

1235»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Devs have always introduced new comic book story relevant releases which seems to cover this one. There is probably an element of influence from Disney who want to promote things. We simply have to accept that a bunch of notches on the Devs release schedule means they don't have a huge say and other times we will get a Big Wheel. 
    Have any previous comic book story arc relevant characters been introduced this quickly? Chasm and Glider-Man had pretty much just happened when they hit MPQ.
    Not sure, I am not up to date enough with comic books to know. Maybe Kate Pryde? She seemed fairly fresh.  Could be wrong there. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    chf5868 said:
    All these Spideys weren't bad enough, now they're coming out 1 after another! The devs need to look at the HUGE number of characters at the end of Endgame, add that to the large number of villains in all the Marvel movies and add THAT to a complete list of all the wonderful creations that DECADES of talented writers & artists have given us. Now give us players 1 good reason why we should continue to waste money on pathetic retreads of Spiderman, Thor, Ironman, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Captain America because they're not interested in presenting fresh game content. As an executive chef, if I wasn't constantly learning new dishes and presenting new menus to keep my customers interested, I couldn't expect to have customers PERIOD. How are they any different?
    It's okay if you don't like variants of existing characters. But it's a little ridiculous to act like including them is inexcusable.

Oscorp Spidey comes from a writer and artist with decades of experience at Marvel. And if you go through the list of other writers and artists, some of what they've done will include variants of classic characters as well. Variations work, and are popular, and we have decades of comics (even stuff that's not Marvel) to prove it. As a chef, I'd think you'd know you have to have some staples on your menu so there's consistency as well. The stable foundation people expect is just as important as innovation.

Calling other people's wants "pathetic retreads" is not a constructive conversation. Fact of the matter is, as many people here request Omega Red, there are also plenty of people out there who would be excited by a bone-claws version of Wolverine. Or maybe a "Weapon X" version (headset and wires and everything). We don't have a classic Symbiote Spider-Man. Or a good nano-tech Iron Man (it's a crime we never got another Iron Man after Civil War, missing out on Infinity War and Endgame AND the cool comic suit at the time, that could shift into a hulkbuster and samurai).

It's okay to have your own opinions and wants. And it's a good thing to share them so the devs know what we want. But it's not cool to **** on what other people might want. (and while I'm replying to you specifically, this applies to a lot of people here).
    I would LOVE an Iron Man 2020 with the classic design from the 80s!! Although he ain't too futuristic now!
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Devs have always introduced new comic book story relevant releases which seems to cover this one. There is probably an element of influence from Disney who want to promote things. We simply have to accept that a bunch of notches on the Devs release schedule means they don't have a huge say and other times we will get a Big Wheel. 
    Have any previous comic book story arc relevant characters been introduced this quickly? Chasm and Glider-Man had pretty much just happened when they hit MPQ.
    Not sure, I am not up to date enough with comic books to know. Maybe Kate Pryde? She seemed fairly fresh.  Could be wrong there. 
    Good call. Kate Pryde was pretty quick.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I'm a Marvel Zombie from way back, and my only "complaint" is that we only have one 5 * Odinson Thor. I want Rune King Thor like you wouldn't believe. Also, the "Black suit" Silver Silver as a 5 star would be fantastic. 
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Anyone read the comics?
    It looks like it might be Norman Osborn in the suit; not Peter Parker.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone read the comics?
    It looks like it might be Norman Osborn in the suit; not Peter Parker.
    Comics make it pretty clear it'll be Peter. Norman went to show him the suit, Peter said "I don't need your help," and then Spidey was immediately put into position where he needs help. Perfect moment for the glider to come to his rescue, and for him to try out the new gear, and change his mind.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Spider Oscorp shield training 5* node will be very easy for non-5* players. He's going to tank most damage as long as your 5* match damage is not too high. Then, he's going to create a lot of Spider-Bots to stun and damage opponents each turn. I think non 5* players just need to focus on creating blue or purple tiles for him. 

At level 500, the trigger is ~1008 damage and each trap tile deals ~5040 damage. His red at 5 covers will deal ~48k damage at its maximum potential.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Can we call him Spider Glider Rider?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards

So...when is he entering Latests?  B) Have to decide between him and Kamala...
  • HoundofShadow
    I don't mind him being a 5*. It's awesome actually. He's going to be Bishop-like.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Nonononono  cuidado! stop before it’s too late!!
    glidey feeds big wheel 
    jen(titania) feeds Pool!!! 
    Your adding pickled white fish to a steak and fresh bbq shrimp to a cold soup! No they don’t go together!!  That ain’t surf n turf!!!
    If your going to “his good buddy” us reasons for pairing feeders then just throw all the chars in a blender already and reassign feeders for everyone, everytier all at once! Scramble it, give away a bunch of rewards and get on with 1:1 (1:1:1 3* incoming!) new release feeders that have no flavor other than release schedule. Multitude of madness that tinykitty, kill the existing paradigms and let the feeders get wacky; later when the outcry is too loud, zombify the most sensible versions and then put your new stank on the game! 
    ps Tombstone from the earlier arc would have been a good choice if Marvel gave one at all…
  • HoundofShadow
    It seems like his purple has been changed drastically.

Whenever Spider-Man takes 130 or more damage, he creates 1 Spider-Bot(s). (Max level 180 damage dealt, 253 damage threshold)

Instead of creating a new Spider-Bot repeater tile, the current Spider-Bot would be turned into trap tile and another will be created elsewhere. This means that there's a cap of one Spider-Bot for his passive purple, which is different from his in-game ability.

Also, if you fire his purple and create two repeaters, the existing repeater on the board will turn into trap tile. If you fire his purple twice in a row, the first two repeaters will be turned into trap tiles immediately.

As for his trap tiles, it activates only whenever enemy or you matches it. Destroying it won't trigger his trap tiles. My repeater activates twice but it did not activate the other trap tiles.

Also, the order of operation of his blue is not logical. 

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, the Spider-Glider Locks 1 random enemy Trap, Countdown, or Repeater tile(s), unlocking any tiles previously Locked by this ability.

If there's only one enemy repeater tile on the board, it will be locked. On the next turn, it will unlock this repeater tiler and lock it again if this is the only tile.

There goes my spamming of Spider-Bot.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    I have no idea what his skills do.
    Maybe reign in the complexity for complexity's sake, a little?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    MegaBee said:
    I remember the Squirrel Girl release was about a month before she got her first solo comic. The reaction on here was similar to the one that the Big Wheel release received. Basically ‘who? This is a joke, right?’.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    It seems like his purple has been changed drastically.

Whenever Spider-Man takes 130 or more damage, he creates 1 Spider-Bot(s). (Max level 180 damage dealt, 253 damage threshold)

Instead of creating a new Spider-Bot repeater tile, the current Spider-Bot would be turned into trap tile and another will be created elsewhere. This means that there's a cap of one Spider-Bot for his passive purple, which is different from his in-game ability.

Also, if you fire his purple and create two repeaters, the existing repeater on the board will turn into trap tile. If you fire his purple twice in a row, the first two repeaters will be turned into trap tiles immediately.

As for his trap tiles, it activates only whenever enemy or you matches it. Destroying it won't trigger his trap tiles. My repeater activates twice but it did not activate the other trap tiles.

Also, the order of operation of his blue is not logical. 

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, the Spider-Glider Locks 1 random enemy Trap, Countdown, or Repeater tile(s), unlocking any tiles previously Locked by this ability.

If there's only one enemy repeater tile on the board, it will be locked. On the next turn, it will unlock this repeater tiler and lock it again if this is the only tile.

There goes my spamming of Spider-Bot.
    You quoted and described the passive portion of the blue power. I’m not sure how it prevents you from spamming the active portion of the blue? Maybe I’m not understanding what you’re concerned about?
  • HoundofShadow
    The last sentence was referring to his purple power. Wrong placing! My bad.  :D

I just remembered you can't spam his blue cd as well because it's capped at one. If you fire it twice in a row, the existing one will be overwritten. That was when there were more than one enemy.
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Now that I've had a chance to play with him, gotta say, a great character that expands the Spiderverse in this game. Well done. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I don't like the tile lock mechanic at all.  You can't match them and Kitty can't destroy them.  Thanks for nothing, Parker!