**** Spider-Man (Oscorp) ****

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Sorry it's a little late to update compared to the website, but here's the information for the next 4-Star character, Spider-Man (Oscorp)!  He's set up to give out Champion rewards for his good buddy, Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)!
    Awesome, appreciate the feeder update here in the New Character thread, thank you.

My first thought was Big Wheel as a Spider-Man villain with tech, but Deadpool & Spider-Man are a nice pair too
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So lame!   No more spidermen/variants for 2 years.  We got plenty. 

We still need the rest of the Inhumans, XFactor, Runaways, etc. and  a whole **** load of archenemies for heroes like Captain America (Red Skull), Iron Man (The Mandarin), Punisher (Jigsaw), Cable (Stryfe), Blackbolt (Maximus the Mad), Wolverine (Omega Red), etc.
    On one hand, I agree that nobody was clamoring for a new Spiderman. On the other hand, the runaways we got in the game besides Nico are awful to play with. I'd rather get the villains you mentioned than any new runaway or x factor.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I hope the comic sales and the reviews for this spiderman oscorp/return of green goblin (for like the what number of returns now?  9th time he was revived/revealed to be back?) storyline in the comics become so bad they stop doing this nonsense and regret having it at all LOL

What they need is a 1 year storyline for someone else, like Mr Negative (and be brought into this game and uses both TeamUp and Black AP for big damage).  Last significant event for him was like 5-7 years ago.  He's overdue.   Green Goblin oversaturation is too much.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Hhhhmmm spider-man on a glider?. Not a fan.  This is coming from an adult who argued with his 8 year old nephew in toys r us why I wouldn't buy him spider-mans helicopter. It got quite heated, didn't buy it tho.
    That must have been a long time ago given the ToysRUs reference.

KGB
    TRU still exists outside the USA.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He seems a fun character to play.
    He can totally counter chasm and at the same time he can have a lot of synergy with him, if not firing his red power.
    By the way he can counter any character even those who can't be stunned.
    And having stun on purple is quite interesting.
    So, having him not damaging much and countering abilities or stunning, or having him delivery a powerful punch, those are the options available.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 651 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do declare we only call this character: Glidey Spidey.
    Glider Man!
    Glider-Man (FTFY)

Hhhhmmm spider-man on a glider?. Not a fan.  This is coming from an adult who argued with his 8 year old nephew in toys r us why I wouldn't buy him spider-mans helicopter. It got quite heated, didn't buy it tho.
    I wouldn’t mind a Spider-copter Support.
    Don't get me started, still annoys me to this day.
    How and why would spider-man use a helicopter? My nephew said it was cool because it came with firing missiles.....this sent me over the edge.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I haven't yet champed any Spider-men characters 4-star and above. This will likely be my first. Seems like an interesting character, at the least, even if not meta.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Updated Spidey slightly:
    Red - Added a cap of 15 Web tiles as bonus damage. This isn't really something that comes often at current, but it's being added now in case other web slingers come out that blow up the number of Web tiles that are on the board.

Blue - This was actually *not* a change (the spoiler-free had it correct), but the initial data release of the character had Spider-Man locking up to 4 tiles instead of 2. That pretty much shut down any PVE minion based battle and was almost immediately changed to 2.

Purple - Added a damage minimum to the Passive to toss out new Spider-Bots. This is set so that he doesn't spam the board when getting hit by cascades, but is purposefully set low enough to proc by decent on level match damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I've forgotten that SMIW reduces web tiles by half. He's one of the lowly levelled Spider characters I have, so he hardly tanks.

Anyway, his purple and blue powers are  interesting. I can't wait to see Spider-Bots animation.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope the comic sales and the reviews for this spiderman oscorp/return of green goblin (for like the what number of returns now?  9th time he was revived/revealed to be back?) storyline in the comics become so bad they stop doing this nonsense and regret having it at all LOL

What they need is a 1 year storyline for someone else, like Mr Negative (and be brought into this game and uses both TeamUp and Black AP for big damage).  Last significant event for him was like 5-7 years ago.  He's overdue.   Green Goblin oversaturation is too much.
    I agree, 90% of posters here would absolutely love Mr Negative .
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Having a bunch of multiplying repeaters and a move that activates them all, causing them all to replicate and move...uh....how fast is the animation on all of this?
  • MegaBee
    Options
    I do declare we only call this character: Glidey Spidey.
    Glider Man!
    Glider-Man (FTFY)

I wouldn’t mind a Spider-copter Support.
    Don't get me started, still annoys me to this day.
    How and why would spider-man use a helicopter? My nephew said it was cool because it came with firing missiles.....this sent me over the edge.
    An aircraft manufacturer might have given it to him in exchange for the publicity. If it worked for the Spider-Buggy...
  • chf5868
    chf5868 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All these Spideys weren't bad enough, now they're coming out 1 after another! The devs need to look at the HUGE number of characters at the end of Endgame, add that to the large number of villains in all the Marvel movies and add THAT to a complete list of all the wonderful creations that DECADES of talented writers & artists have given us. Now give us players 1 good reason why we should continue to waste money on pathetic retreads of Spiderman, Thor, Ironman, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Captain America because they're not interested in presenting fresh game content. As an executive chef, if I wasn't constantly learning new dishes and presenting new menus to keep my customers interested, I couldn't expect to have customers PERIOD. How are they any different?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Devs have always introduced new comic book story relevant releases which seems to cover this one. There is probably an element of influence from Disney who want to promote things. We simply have to accept that a bunch of notches on the Devs release schedule means they don't have a huge say and other times we will get a Big Wheel. 
  • MegaBee
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Devs have always introduced new comic book story relevant releases which seems to cover this one. There is probably an element of influence from Disney who want to promote things. We simply have to accept that a bunch of notches on the Devs release schedule means they don't have a huge say and other times we will get a Big Wheel. 
    Have any previous comic book story arc relevant characters been introduced this quickly? Chasm and Glider-Man had pretty much just happened when they hit MPQ.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chf5868 said:
    Now give us players 1 good reason why we should continue to waste money on pathetic retreads of Spiderman, Thor, Ironman, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Captain America because they're not interested in presenting fresh game content. As an executive chef, if I wasn't constantly learning new dishes and presenting new menus to keep my customers interested, I couldn't expect to have customers PERIOD. How are they any different?
    Because it's those characters you quote are the ones people actually give a toss about to bring in new players. If the game in the App Store had Nico as the thumbnail or any of the other 200 characters a non comic book reader knows nothing about then this game would have died 7 years ago.

It's not like anyone even cared of knew anything about Iron Man until RDJ did the film.

There's a few I'd heard of from Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the xbox 360 but most of them I don't know or care about other than abilities. If they bring out a new Iron Man with meta abilities you will care.