Perfect storm [Investigating]

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
edited August 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Good afternoon,  so usually I would  post  in your bug section.  This technically isn't a bug.  But I think it could be changed so it doesn't happen.    I do have screenshots.  Its going to be super hard to recreate.  But I will give it a go.  Hope yall can understand that it sounded better in my head. Lol
3 (indestructible supports)  + permanent support matched = perfect storm.  Endless loop
Only thing to so its exit the game. 

Comments

• Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I thought they changed color randomly after a match to avoid this. Some permanents dont? That would be funny to see!
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    This have been reported numerous times over the years. Sometimes the perfect storm occurs, but not frequently enough for the devs. to fix the fundamental problem.

The permanent support functionality needs to be replaced by something different. My suggestion would be to do something like the new passive ability which has the alignment thing on the latest PW. Perhaps the event could assign a temporary passive ability to a PW when starting a match.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    My suggestion would be to get rid of event permanent supports. We can play without them
  • Julie71
    Gormhaus said:
    I thought they changed color randomly after a match to avoid this. Some permanents dont? That would be funny t!
    They should in the screenshots I have it didn't.  Just an endless gain of mana.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I have seen permanent/indestructible supports not changing color recently.  Luckily for me,  the two other were normal supports..
  • Focas
    Focas Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    Happen to me on last Skoti Bloodline, 3 resilient Skyclave Relics line up and didn't change color, just stay there forever.
  • Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support this still happens in atv you have three permanent supports that could line up if the board is moved 
  • Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support do we have an update for this?? 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Controlling the board so the indestructible supports don't line up is just an advance puzzle. 
  • Julie71
    Tezzeret said:
    Controlling the board so the indestructible supports don't line up is just an advance puzzle. 
    but it sucks when it am trying to recreate its and its just not cooperating.
  • Julie71

sent you a video

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker

Ive had it happen with 3 Wizard Class supports lining up.

• Rant_Ent
    Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker

Happen during the last coalition event.

• Julie71

@TIMEWARP said:

did you happen to get a video??

• TIMEWARP

@Julie71 said:

@TIMEWARP said:

It was awhile ago. I might actually have one. If I do. Ill send it through Discord

• Julie71

@TIMEWARP said:

@Julie71 said:

@TIMEWARP said:

It was awhile ago. I might actually have one. If I do. Ill send it through Discord

thank you

• TIMEWARP

@Julie71 said:

@TIMEWARP said:

@Julie71 said:

@TIMEWARP said:

thank you

Sorry, can't find the video anymore.
    To be more specific however, it was not only 3 WCs lining up, but at the same time I used either Riskhars Expertise or Hour to convert a ton of gems. This caused the 3 WC supports to 'hang in the air' together and continuously match, without pausing to change color. Effectively locking up the game

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited 18 January 2024, 06:46

I have reported this issue maybe twice. Is it possible to merge those in here?

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In

@naabaldan said:
    I have reported this issue maybe twice. Is it possible to merge those in here?

You might be able to post links to those posts in this one to work on consolidating them, though if the info of them is pretty much the same then there might be some redundancy.

But redundancy ain't always bad. Any feedback from moderators?