Unofficial MtGPQ Wiki - public launch

Volrak
Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
edited March 2019 in MtGPQ Tips & Guides
I'm pleased to announce the public launch of MtGPQ Wiki, the game's free, unofficial online encyclopedia.  The site (https://wiki.mtgpq.info) is an extensive reference for Events:

Planeswalkers:

Card sets:

and more.  Anybody can edit the wiki to improve it further.
The project was conceived and is hosted by @octal9.  A small group of players created the wiki over several months, with the goal of building an asset that's useful to all MtGPQ players and communities.  Although the content is extensive, the wiki is by no means "complete", and we hope users will be inspired to give back to the wiki and the community with edits and contributions.
(The wiki is an unofficial site which is not affiliated with or endorsed by D3Go or Wizards of the Coast.)

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is awesome--thanks so much for all of the work that you guys put into this. I know I'm not the only one in the community that appreciates the effort and dedication it takes.
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Yes, this is absolutely great! Thanks for this! 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby you think you can pin this link somewhere here so it is always visible?  Don't want something like this to be buried
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mburn7 - add the link to your signature perhaps?
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    It would be nice if the link to the wiki gets pinned, yes.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. This is a fantastic resource, and major props to the individuals involved in its development. Well done!

As for pinning it, I'd be happy to mark it as an Announcement on the Tips & Guides page with a redirect remaining on the General Discussion page. 

I'd be happy to do so if players would like that
    Absolutely!
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I think this is absolutely needed.... it's sad it took fans to do what the developers should have.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    I think this is absolutely needed.... it's sad it took fans to do what the developers should have.
    I thought it was needed too (hence me doing something) - but with limited resources, the devs have to prioritise.  Working to fix issues and adding new game content (hopefully including new coalition events!) seem to rate higher than making a wiki, and that at least is as it should be.
  • KenCaliri
    KenCaliri Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Been waiting for this to happen. Good stuff 👍
  • Knekht
    Knekht Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2020
    Would be great to have an official open content (card's images & description), then some individuals could develop awesome tools & web applications for us. Is it possible? Or there are some legal problems?
  • gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Volrak said:
    I'm pleased to announce the public launch of MtGPQ Wiki, the game's free, unofficial online encyclopedia.  The site (https://wiki.mtgpq.info) is an extensive reference for Events:

Planeswalkers:

Card sets:

and more.  Anybody can edit the wiki to improve it further.
    The project was conceived and is hosted by @octal9.  A small group of players created the wiki over several months, with the goal of building an asset that's useful to all MtGPQ players and communities.  Although the content is extensive, the wiki is by no means "complete", and we hope users will be inspired to give back to the wiki and the community with edits and contributions.
    (The wiki is an unofficial site which is not affiliated with or endorsed by D3Go or Wizards of the Coast.)

//Edited Title -Brigby
    Bunch Of FRIGGEN Chads Here Gang!

Thank You Guys For ALL your hard work and dedication to making the great resources for me and the rest of the nerds.
  • purvisa
    purvisa Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

I have to say, as knekht did a couple of years ago, that we could use an official data dump with all vital information.

I relied on the wiki for what I didn’t track before starting my own resource, and in at least one instance it has incorrect information posted for a PW as to card type increases for deck composition.

I’m still working on manually entering everything, solo, from cards, and it takes a long time (I have about 7 PWs and 3000 cards to go, and I have done nothing with respect to events). When I’m done, I should have a pocket resource I can use for offline design and deck storage (so I can reconstruct old decks that I have replaced) that should surpass the wiki, largely because no one is maintaining it now in any significant fashion (and for cards has not in a couple of years).

• MetaBunny
    MetaBunny Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

@purvisa If you, or anyone, notice incorrect info on the wiki (and you have the time, of course) it would be great if you could fix the mistakes, or just drop us a line to let us know (leave a comment on a talk page, hit us up on Discord, or even here on the forums). There are still a few of us trying to keep things up to date.

As for card data, yeah, the mtgpq.info database hasn't been updated in a long time. Octal9 doesn't play anymore, but is still generously hosting and maintaining the sites. You could consider reaching out to Larz70 who I believe has a tool that can scrape card/deck data from screenshots.