***** Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) *****

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Ugh, more D.O.A. drek. Yellow should be a 2 turn repeater that reduces up to two tiles at a time. I think that change alone could make her viable.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is our female version of Odin's abilities. Their abilities are pretty similar from a big picture point of view: ap destruction; healing, specific special tiles creation to give us passive nibble strategy to probably frustrate the opponents.

With that said, I'm surprised it's a yellow 2-turn cd instead of 1. The rest of numbers looks ok.

I think Odin/Wanda/Abigail would be interesting. They gives us up to 12k worth of healing every turn. Abigail's attack tiles + Odin's strike tiles + Wanda's repeater gives us this passive defensive nibble strategy.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    If the passive part of her purple was instead of being limited to once per turn it was 3 per turn (or more really), destroyed 2 AP and it was random AP instead of strongest color, then she would be a fun team with apoc and Ronan. But as it is Green Goblin fills that third spot better for a fun team.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow power was a repeater before?
    Well, nevermind.
    She sure can spam the board with strong attack tiles with cheap blue. Just with that she could make a solid team along kitty and ultron. 
    Counting all her powers she can spam the board with repeaters without any help, too.
    AP destroying and healing makes for a long, delayed resistance battle. 
    Sadly all the modes in this game claim the opposite. I really hope that some day other modes in which not being fast could make shine character types like this one, in the same way we are getting slow characters: the experience would be more complete.
    Until a great 5* partner appears, she could have a real powerful one on 4 tier:
    She will heal her team up to 3 times per turn and antivenom can effectively turn that into an AoE rain(choose karoline dean and antivenom and just see).
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    This literal who is supposed to be a 5*?  Why did they slot this right behind big wheel?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Drabigail Bland. Take that Omega Red
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slow characters can have a place in this game, they just need to hit really hard (and also the fast characters shouldn't ever hit harder than them).

If a fast ability cost, say, 5ap and did 10000 damage, while a slow ability cost 15ap and did 80000 damage, then both abilities are usable. (All numbers are examples).

Instead we have characters with 15ap abilities that do 10000 damage and characters with 5ap abilities that do 80000 damage.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Ok, so if you want a good laugh just go read her bio at marvel.com.
    It reads like a fanfic setting a character against somebody’s favorites characters…with a slight furry twist.
    Her bio is about everyone but her.

** edit

And she is commander of sword, but her affiliations are heroes and mutants…what?
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    I thought her powers looked interesting before the numbers came out.  Destroying 1AP, maybe 2 a turn is kind of meh.  This needed the 3/turn limit as well.  And I can think of a billion other 4/5* blue powers I'd rather use.  The health is kind of nice but not going to be enough to matter in scl10 I think.

Seems like another easy skip for me.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    She'd be kind of a nightmare in PvE paired with certain goons.  I wonder how long it'll take for her to show up there.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Wow this looks bad.
    The Purple destroys 1 AP every 2 turns. Will you even miss it? The passive part can destroy another 1 AP only occasionally when something reaches 0.
    The Yellow power is a CD so it only works to reduce a CD/Repeater 1 time and that's it? I wonder how many times it won't do anything at all because all other CD's/Repeaters have been matched away in the 2 turns.
    All 3 powers only get fortified at 5 covers but you'll only be able to have 2 of the 3 fortified so 1 power isn't even getting that.
    KGB
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never heard of Abigail Brand so this release does nothing for me

You were familiar with Big Wheel?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's funny because secret invasion Disney show will be finishing in April.
    L. Jackson as fury, Emilia Clarke(daenerys) as abigail, and a lot of krees.
    Do the devs know that fact? My guess is that no.
    They released this comic version and the show will be a powerful bet.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Apparently this is the first 5-Star release that has no corresponding "Introducing..."-event. Are there any news on the quests that are supposed to take its place?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Bad said:
    It's funny because secret invasion Disney show will be finishing in April.
    L. Jackson as fury, Emilia Clarke(daenerys) as abigail, and a lot of krees.
    Do the devs know that fact? My guess is that no.
    They released this comic version and the show will be a powerful bet.
    She features prominently in the current S.W.O.R.D comic series written by Al Ewing (who also wrote the Immortal Hulk series), although I think that series has just wrapped up. Not a big fan of her in particular since she is super shady (no pun intended) but the S.W.O.R.D. team features some really cool characters like Manifold, Frenzy and Wiz-Kid. 

To be honest, I would really love to have Khora of the Burning Heart in game but I think she is a bit too brand new  :D

On that note, it's disappointing that despite her Commander status she doesn't call upon her crew the way Nick Fury can summon the Avengers or Prof X can summon X-men characters. Also disappointing she doesn't have a S.W.O.R.D. affiliation because as previously mentioned that team is filled with awesomeness.

Full disclosure: I just want Manifold and Khora in the game. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do wish they wouldn't do this with certain powers - things like
    Abigail Brand calls on the S.W.O.R.D.'s space station The Peak for a debilitating assault.

Then the power hits like a nerf gun. It's a freakin' Space Station!!!! In comparison Moon Knight can hit for 12k damage just by throwing a Moon shaped bit of metal!

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I do wish they wouldn't do this with certain powers - things like
    Abigail Brand calls on the S.W.O.R.D.'s space station The Peak for a debilitating assault.

Then the power hits like a nerf gun. It's a freakin' Space Station!!!! In comparison Moon Knight can hit for 12k damage just by throwing a Moon shaped bit of metal!

Another comparison would be BRB's skuttlebut. Where he fires 4x damage and it is good damage for 12 green ap. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    These damage numbers seem unusably low on paper outside of the basic match damage. That yellow should be a fortified 1-turn repeater at 5 covers if it will have an active cost, and/or drop a repeater to 0 when it’s fired.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    Ok, so if you want a good laugh just go read her bio at marvel.com.
    It reads like a fanfic setting a character against somebody’s favorites characters…with a slight furry twist.
    Her bio is about everyone but her.

** edit

And she is commander of sword, but her affiliations are heroes and mutants…what?

I only just now realised who she is and I read the comic book run in which she debuted! I guess a lasting impression was not made! Or maybe the beers inbetween have taken their toll. Either way...Joss Whedon what were you thinking?
    with a slight furry twist.

Good god yes, now I remember...but it goes darker than that... :#:#:*