Marvel Puzzle Quest R244 Release Notes (1/5/22)

2»

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    Just updated today, and I'm seeing it. It feels like the game is about to crash. When you make a match with an invisible character, it's very noticeable.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    I'm sticking with Fantomex for my guess.

Fingers crossed.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks god my okoye tanks just about every colour!
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Team is aware of the issue and looking into it now.  Thanks for reporting it here!
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Man Today's Puzzle ops is a pain in the **** specifcally the make a column of strike tiles against Mantis and Daken. I've tried with Silk 10 times and I can't get it. Also the get 4 fortifed titles in the corner is a pain too.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man Today's Puzzle ops is a pain in the **** specifcally the make a column of strike tiles against Mantis and Daken. I've tried with Silk 10 times and I can't get it. Also the get 4 fortifed titles in the corner is a pain too.
    I looked at the reward and decided to even bother. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Tony_Foot said:
    I looked at the reward and decided to even bother. 
    my Blackbird is level 3 so I am fine skipping this 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Developer 1: Did you read that thread about person-to-person PvP instead of playing against the AI?

Developer 2: Yeah, what about it?

Developer 1: Well, I figured, how about if we replaced the AI in both PvP and PvE? So, I created a version where I switched out the backend, and we're ready to go live with it. 

Developer 2: Bro! You have to put it through testing first! Who are you replacing the AI with?

Developer 1 side glances the man in the janitor closet. The man in the janitor closet pauses, nods once.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strike tiles wasn't so bad (3rd try). The key is her black which makes strikes on a specific color (green). You have to wait till you get a column with all other colors having strikes other than green and then fire her black 1 (or more times).
    The 4 corners is a LOT harder. I retreated a few times as soon as a TU tile got into a bottom corner. Letting Misty fortified repeater hit the bottom in a corner really helps (as does her blue or black if you get a luck strike in a corner for Prowler to fortify). Misty Red is the annoying power because it always seems to blast the bottom corners when you have them fortified. I finally won when I had 3 corners finished and her repeater dropped into the last top corner (I was about to fire blue and black if it hadn't and hope for a lucky fortify).
    KGB
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    Strike tiles wasn't so bad (3rd try). The key is her black which makes strikes on a specific color (green). You have to wait till you get a column with all other colors having strikes other than green and then fire her black 1 (or more times).
    The 4 corners is a LOT harder. I retreated a few times as soon as a TU tile got into a bottom corner. Letting Misty fortified repeater hit the bottom in a corner really helps (as does her blue or black if you get a luck strike in a corner for Prowler to fortify). Misty Red is the annoying power because it always seems to blast the bottom corners when you have them fortified. I finally won when I had 3 corners finished and her repeater dropped into the last top corner (I was about to fire blue and black if it hadn't and hope for a lucky fortify).
    KGB
    I first tried the fortified corners one with Silk, but she's too powerful. If you fire her powers without managing to get fortified tiles in the corners immediately, she'll just start destroying web tiles and down the opponents too quickly. I found it much easier with Magneto. Get rid of team-ups with red and put down a lot of protect tiles and wait for Prowler to fortify the right ones. Storm would likely work well for this too. 

I've ended up with a R5 Blackbird (I think it previously was just R1) and R2 Sharon Carter (the last support I didn't have, except for the stones of course), so I'm happy with those rewards.

P.S. It's Monica not Misty. I imagine Misty would be a lot harder for this as she'd be using her green to get rid of fortified tiles.
  • Pyro
    Pyro Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    After last update game is lagging..cant make match..when i try to make match i wait 2..3 seconds to move..before was fast and now is lag..i try to reinstall and its same thing..i use android
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    KGB
    I first tried the fortified corners one with Silk, but she's too powerful. If you fire her powers without managing to get fortified tiles in the corners immediately, she'll just start destroying web tiles and down the opponents too quickly. I found it much easier with Magneto. Get rid of team-ups with red and put down a lot of protect tiles and wait for Prowler to fortify the right ones. Storm would likely work well for this too. 

I've ended up with a R5 Blackbird (I think it previously was just R1) and R2 Sharon Carter (the last support I didn't have, except for the stones of course), so I'm happy with those rewards.

P.S. It's Monica not Misty. I imagine Misty would be a lot harder for this as she'd be using her green to get rid of fortified tiles.
    I used cage for the corner one. Didn't really need to do anything but make matches and wait.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    KGB

I used cage for the corner one. Didn't really need to do anything but make matches and wait.
    I tried that unsuccessfully. Eventually had to come here for hints and ended up using Karnak.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    Update on the lag - there is in a fix place that will go live tomorrow.  Please make sure you update to R244 to have the fix implemented at that time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I haven’t noticed any lag the last couple of days so this is apparently fixed. Thank you for your quick response on this. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    It’s definitely fixed. On the bright side, it messed enough people up that I managed t5 which almost never happens. So silver linings?