Savior of Ollenbock

The second part of this card's text reads:

"When this creature dies or is exiled from the battlefield: Pick up to 4 of the first 4 non-Spell cards from your exile. Move those cards into play under their owner's control."

This card is not working as described. You can activate that effect even if you exile the card directly from your hand. It is not exclusive from dying or being exiled form the battlefield as the text describes it.

This allows you to do some very broken things as shown by visk00 which gave me permission to use their video as evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqPlWGnbGQ

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great video. Now we just need Greg to learn how to exploit this situation and we will all have blast.  :#
  • Visk00
    Visk00 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    This issue was quickly resolved by Oktagon.
    Thank you for their efforts!
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks a lot for such a prompt fix!
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Okay, so Bongo is the one to whom I will direct my stink eye. You didn't have to bring it up, you know. Yes, things should work as they are designed, but I was having fun with this card. Now he's very meh.
    Oh well. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Why is he bad? @Theophilus

Can’t you just kill him yourself with a kill spell and get them same effect in just 5 sec more?

Personally, I use him to remove my opponent’s creatures.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    @Tremayne - I wasn’t thinking about his other ability. You’re right, he is still pretty good. Ultimately, I would liked to have had some more time to abuse the error. I think I managed to play only 3-4 matches with him that way. Sigh.