Back after being away for a while and I screwed up. Lol

Options
2»

Comments

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Right now my options with him are limited so any suggestions are welcome. I've done some insane things with shang chi like hitting an enemy for 340k. I feel I have a good handle on him but I could be missing something based on what I have at my disposal or what I feel is optimal play.

entrailbucket said:
    Practice with Shang-Chi.  A champion Shang-Chi should absolutely dominate SW Colossus teams of normal (non-whale) levels, all by by himself.  You may want to use a synergistic 4* with him instead of Odin, but I still wouldn't sell Odin.

bring 2 purple.  also don't forget that using 5* deadpool unlocks spicy tokens.  between spicy, sweet, and savory.  boosts/health packs are quite cheap and common.

look at the other shang chi threads for 4* partners.  barring a really bad board.  One idea is bring a 4* valky.  I saw somone running a champed SC,  baby Valky and they were consistently beating 470 5* combos.

Yep. I have all the meta champed and I can jump into a PVP and get 20 wins right out of the gate with Shang-Chi and Valkyrie against champ 5 teams without even needing the rest of my roster.
    I've seen somebody (maybe the same) running Shang-Chi and a 0/5/0 lvl 70 Valkyrie in my slices.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Right now my options with him are limited so any suggestions are welcome. I've done some insane things with shang chi like hitting an enemy for 340k. I feel I have a good handle on him but I could be missing something based on what I have at my disposal or what I feel is optimal play.

entrailbucket said:
    Practice with Shang-Chi.  A champion Shang-Chi should absolutely dominate SW Colossus teams of normal (non-whale) levels, all by by himself.  You may want to use a synergistic 4* with him instead of Odin, but I still wouldn't sell Odin.

bring 2 purple.  also don't forget that using 5* deadpool unlocks spicy tokens.  between spicy, sweet, and savory.  boosts/health packs are quite cheap and common.

look at the other shang chi threads for 4* partners.  barring a really bad board.  One idea is bring a 4* valky.  I saw somone running a champed SC,  baby Valky and they were consistently beating 470 5* combos.

Having just started building SC myself, I can say that the advice on who to run with him is a bit scattered across multiple threads.  to save OP the time of trying to read through all that material, I will summarize the advice as follows:
    Shang-chi needs to make at least one red or purple match each turn to keep his combo. Once he gets enough combo built up and enough AP, he can pretty easily go winfinite and end a match with repeated casts. He can benefit from a wide array of partners and likes anyone who can fill at least one, preferably two, of the following roles (note that the character lists are not exhaustive).
    (1) red/purple battery to fuel SC himself (3* switch, IM40, valkyrie, IMHB, MODOK, half-thor)
    (2) AP cost reducer to fuel SC indirectly (shuri, 4* SL, 4* BW, Heimdall)
    (3) cheap and/or frequent boardshake to produce cascades to leverage his buffed match damage and free red/purple matches to keep casting (1* juggs, loki, 3* SW, halfthor)
    (4) tile drop rate shenanigans that leave more purple/red tiles on the board (magick, domino with black>red battery, halfthor, 5* SW, and I expect cersi)
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I personally bring 2 red, 2 purple and the max amount of crit boost. I've previously used 3*sw, IMHB, Chavez, Vulture, im40, Valk and some others. I'm honestly not sure who's the best in a pick 2 scenario especially since I was unlucky on the Sersi pulls. I ended up with 3 C5pt Marvel covers. :( He is a lot of fun and really brings out the puzzle/combo aspects of the game. 

I feel like 3SW, IMHB and Chavez have been the best teammates so far.

Vhailorx said:
    Phumade said:

entrailbucket said:

Having just started building SC myself, I can say that the advice on who to run with him is a bit scattered across multiple threads.  to save OP the time of trying to read through all that material, I will summarize the advice as follows:
    Shang-chi needs to make at least one red or purple match each turn to keep his combo. Once he gets enough combo built up and enough AP, he can pretty easily go winfinite and end a match with repeated casts. He can benefit from a wide array of partners and likes anyone who can fill at least one, preferably two, of the following roles (note that the character lists are not exhaustive).
    (1) red/purple battery to fuel SC himself (3* switch, IM40, valkyrie, IMHB, MODOK, half-thor)
    (2) AP cost reducer to fuel SC indirectly (shang-chi, 4* SL, 4* BW, Heimdall)
    (3) cheap and/or frequent boardshake to produce cascades to leverage his buffed match damage and free red/purple matches to keep casting (1* juggs, loki, 3* SW, halfthor)
    (4) tile drop rate shenanigans that leave more purple/red tiles on the board (magick, domino with black>red battery, halfthor, 5* SW, and I expect cersi)

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

To add, Sighclops (err 5* Cyclops, ignore everyone who tells you he is trash tier) is his best partner since he can both convert tiles to red and board shake. I like to bring 1* Jugg (green) and 1* Spiderman (purple) as team ups in case the board is awful (Juggs) or it is insanely great and the critical tiles are guaranteed to land somewhere fun. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

To add, Sighclops (err 5* Cyclops, ignore everyone who tells you he is trash tier) is his best partner since he can both convert tiles to red and board shake. I like to bring 1* Jugg (green) and 1* Spiderman (purple) as team ups in case the board is awful (Juggs) or it is insanely great and the critical tiles are guaranteed to land somewhere fun. 
    Sighclops, Gator Loki, Shang-Chi is a delightful team.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:

entrailbucket said:

Yep. I have all the meta champed and I can jump into a PVP and get 20 wins right out of the gate with Shang-Chi and Valkyrie against champ 5 teams without even needing the rest of my roster.
    I've seen somebody (maybe the same) running Shang-Chi and a 0/5/0 lvl 70 Valkyrie in my slices.
    Yeah, I'm running god boosted Carnage and Adam Warlock and someone took them down with a Valkyrie and a baby champed Shang Chi. The retal was super easy though.
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    How?? Carnage was a serious headache for me this pvp even with a champed Shang Chi.  I just wasn't able to kill fast enough. If carnage was 100k or higher I had to skip which was most people especially if they had a really strong Adam. 

shardwick said:
    Phumade said:

entrailbucket said:

Yeah, I'm running god boosted Carnage and Adam Warlock and someone took them down with a Valkyrie and a baby champed Shang Chi. The retal was super easy though.

• OzzieArcane
    OzzieArcane Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How?? Carnage was a serious headache for me this pvp even with a champed Shang Chi.  I just wasn't able to kill fast enough. If carnage was 100k or higher I had to skip which was most people especially if they had a really strong Adam. 

shardwick said:
    Phumade said:

entrailbucket said:

Carnage is awful to fight against, but it's entirely possible to just get stupid lucky against well anyone. If the game just randomly gives you an endless cascade on your first turn, then you've won no matter what for the most part.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

shardwick said:
    Phumade said:

entrailbucket said:

With a red/purple board you can go winfinite on turn 2 with SC and Valkyrie. I have lost to Warlock/Carbage a few times but if they are worth significant points you might as well give it a shot. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options

Shang-chi isn't quite as good against Carnage as some of the stun-lockers because he takes a bit longer to get going, but with a good battery and/or board luck he can minimize the number of turns carnage gets.  SC matches aren't the fastest in turns of time, but they generally only take 6-10 turns.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SC cannot match special tiles in order to avoid the extra turn without losing his combo, and carnage will take advantage of AW superior damage to eat his health on few turns. 
    I saw many SC teams but it was so easy with my AW and carnage. 
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    Yeah, that wasn't a fun time for me. It was almost as bad as the boosted 5SW/Colossus pvp. Speaking of which, there should be a rule that two damage reducers shouldn't be boosted at the same time. It's a nightmare lol. 
  • Breadsticks
    Options
    I did end up selling Odin. He was making my matchmaking a lot worse while not being that useful. I don't regret it all because I'm enjoying PVP a lot more. I wish he'd been more electro covers but he wasn't lol. 

There's been a marked improvement in the team's I'm paired against as well as my ability to actually win some attacks on defense. Previously, I almost never won any fights on defense. Additionally, I'm able to score a lot more points and shield less often (which by the way saves me a lot of resources). I don't have to buy as much hp on discount (with much going to pvp) or grind as hard to have resources to fight in pvp. This time and money can be devoted to irl pursuits or other in game endeavours. 

It's crazy to think if I had come back a few months earlier I could've had some really strong 5* from LL.