When to use irreplaceable resources (Shang-chi question)

13»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Phumade said:
    They haven’t nerf okoye so who knows?  But between SC red, onslaughts passive tu deletion, onslaught blue color change, cyc green color change, and SC purple crit placement.  It’s Charlie’s angel on steroids without having to worry about building a perfect tanking order.

don’t get me wrong,  it makes Wanda, colossus, Odin teams a cakewalk  in shield sim so I love it and I’m waiting for royal family and Carange challenge nodes to roll back into rotation.

I wish you could get better match stats, but you have insane cascade control, plus many different ways to match 5.  I’d love to see how the match stats change.

With Tu’s off the board and 5/6 colors having 5* match damage numbers,  it’s just insanely good.  It’s a real surprise if the AI ever gets to turn 5.

I can’t wait to try out SC in just the pick 2 events.  
    As you mention, they've never nerfed Okoye. They've never nerfed iHulk or Bill either, and those two are much more mindless than Shang. So no reason why they would nerf Shang. And while Shang is insane on offence, a paper tiger on defence. I daresay Polaris is more of a threat on defence than Shang is.

On the other hand, they'll probably release counters and checks for Shang, just like how iHulk got Wanda and Electro. In fact, there's already a check to Shang: Thanos' Purple.
    Sersi’s purple is also a check to SC. I recommend choosing red. 

I find this hilarious as a 4* player who spent the last six months (I was late) playing Polaris in every event and every PvP. She gets nerfed before SC in my opinion, though I stand by my position she is too valuable to 4* players playing in SCL10 and should never be nerfed. I also find in comical that a new apparent meta team includes Sighclops, widely considered trash tier in most forums. Frankly, since Sighclops was skipped by nearly everyone, practically no one will have this particular team, even if does turn out to be meta. 

It sounds fun though. I should hoard for the Sighclops, Onslaught anniversary store and pull as this site melts down. Hopefully Carbage is the third.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Scott-aissance is not unlike what happened when Danver5 was found to be good with BRB and Polaris. Could be a silent Nerf headed his way lol.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Carol nerf. RIP Sighclops. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    The Scott-aissance is not unlike what happened when Danver5 was found to be good with BRB and Polaris. Could be a silent Nerf headed his way lol.
    I don't know how they would do it, though. With 5* Carol, they could at least claim that it wasn't a nerf, because who wants to destroy friendly tiles?
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    A name for Sc cyke Loki 

Spin Cycle 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    They haven’t nerf okoye so who knows?  But between SC red, onslaughts passive tu deletion, onslaught blue color change, cyc green color change, and SC purple crit placement.  It’s Charlie’s angel on steroids without having to worry about building a perfect tanking order.

don’t get me wrong,  it makes Wanda, colossus, Odin teams a cakewalk  in shield sim so I love it and I’m waiting for royal family and Carange challenge nodes to roll back into rotation.

I wish you could get better match stats, but you have insane cascade control, plus many different ways to match 5.  I’d love to see how the match stats change.

With Tu’s off the board and 5/6 colors having 5* match damage numbers,  it’s just insanely good.  It’s a real surprise if the AI ever gets to turn 5.

I can’t wait to try out SC in just the pick 2 events.  
    As you mention, they've never nerfed Okoye. They've never nerfed iHulk or Bill either, and those two are much more mindless than Shang. So no reason why they would nerf Shang. And while Shang is insane on offence, a paper tiger on defence. I daresay Polaris is more of a threat on defence than Shang is.

On the other hand, they'll probably release counters and checks for Shang, just like how iHulk got Wanda and Electro. In fact, there's already a check to Shang: Thanos' Purple.
    Sersi’s purple is also a check to SC. I recommend choosing red. 

I find this hilarious as a 4* player who spent the last six months (I was late) playing Polaris in every event and every PvP. She gets nerfed before SC in my opinion, though I stand by my position she is too valuable to 4* players playing in SCL10 and should never be nerfed. I also find in comical that a new apparent meta team includes Sighclops, widely considered trash tier in most forums. Frankly, since Sighclops was skipped by nearly everyone, practically no one will have this particular team, even if does turn out to be meta. 

It sounds fun though. I should hoard for the Sighclops, Onslaught anniversary store and pull as this site melts down. Hopefully Carbage is the third.
    I used sighclops, shang, and onslaught to play shiled sim last night for fun.  I was able to go from 0 to about 1500 points only using 2 health packs. One for sighclops and one for onslaught.  Once I got high enough to see full 550 teams I had to start using some health packs if a 550 colossus got a big cascade before I got the shang train going, a big match in his colors can wreck the whole team.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    A name for Sc cyke Loki 

Spin Cycle 
    BRB renaming my saved team...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2021
    MegaBee said:
    I don't know how they would do it, though. With 5* Carol, they could at least claim that it wasn't a nerf, because who wants to destroy friendly tiles?
    They never claimed anything on Danver5, it just went completely unaddressed. I'm sure the same could happen here.

But also I was mostly joking, I don't think Sighclops is really due for a nerf. I'd just spent like two or three months finishing up Danver5 to run that team, and then only had it available to me for 30 days before she suddenly stopped working. But in her case, since her own passive power to generate yellow from strikes destroyed by non-matches remained in place unchanged, you could easily make the case that SHE wants/needs to destroy friendly tiles. Though I do wonder if she wasn't nerfed in preparation for Ronan to hit the streets more than that interaction with polaris personally.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only SC had been around for the days of battery 3* Gambit. +3red and purple each turn with him would have been spectacular.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    If only SC had been around for the days of battery 3* Gambit. +3red and purple each turn with him would have been spectacular.
    He's really is fantastic in those OP tile mover wave nodes like on "Hearts of Darkness"  He really is one of the funnest chars in the game with the ability to leverage board control and create match 5 opportunity out of seemingly nothing.  Its nice to really see how good 3 big 5* can synergize. 
    He might actually be the key to an event like BOSS RUSH.  I don't want to play BOSS RUSH for important rewards or alliance points,  but I still want to see how to play against OP events and enemies.

They really should use short duration events like LRs as an experimental period to see how the user base responds.  
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    A name for Sc cyke Loki 

Spin Cycle 
    Love it!  Colog remembers the old days.  This is better than Spinfinite.

Also I didn't realize we could put names on saved teams.  Forum, we have some naming work to do.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    A name for Sc cyke Loki 

Spin Cycle 
    Love it!  Colog remembers the old days.  This is better than Spinfinite.

Also I didn't realize we could put names on saved teams.  Forum, we have some naming work to do.
    Up until now, you've been living in black & white. Welcome to Pleasantville!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    without a useable cyclops I like 1* juggernaut as third

but the single best partner for Shang is onslaught, no other character comes close
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2021
    How is Onslaught/Shang-Chi/4* Professor X? I like that on a match-5, Professor X will generate 4 ap in your strongest color which will be either red or purple on this team, both valuable, but I don't like that he makes specials every time you fire something off which is going to self-defeat the infinite run. Setting him to 5/5/3 means he will only make a single protect rather than one of each SAP every fire, so maybe it'll work out?

*edit* - i tested this team in Shield Sim against a Polaris/Kitty/JJ team, and it works awesome. I only have a 1/4/1 Shang-Chi, but my Onslaught is is 452 and my PX is 344. I even forgot to respec my professor x. If you can get the match-5 train going, you can generate enough purple to just drop crits on any 5-stack of any color and have the purple you need to keep going without a lot of trouble.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I just used that team to do a 5th clear of the Doom/Hela/Danver5 challenge node in SCL10 Sight Seeing and it worked like a charm with no AP boosts. It’s a think-ier team for sure, maybe more so with an undercovered SC since you have to be a little judicious about where you target things occasionally, but it’s pretty rewarding to play and does what it does every time you trigger a match-N rather than at turn start.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've repeated it many times and yet it seems nobody notices it.
    Take valkyrie and SC will swim in red.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Valkyrie helps you kickstart things, but Bounty Hunter is a start of turn power so it won’t necessarily keep the ball rolling.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is Onslaught/Shang-Chi/4* Professor X? I like that on a match-5, Professor X will generate 4 ap in your strongest color which will be either red or purple on this team, both valuable, but I don't like that he makes specials every time you fire something off which is going to self-defeat the infinite run. Setting him to 5/5/3 means he will only make a single protect rather than one of each SAP every fire, so maybe it'll work out?

*edit* - i tested this team in Shield Sim against a Polaris/Kitty/JJ team, and it works awesome. I only have a 1/4/1 Shang-Chi, but my Onslaught is is 452 and my PX is 344. I even forgot to respec my professor x. If you can get the match-5 train going, you can generate enough purple to just drop crits on any 5-stack of any color and have the purple you need to keep going without a lot of trouble.

Sound alike a good use case for my old 5/3/0 prof X that I have had since charlie"s angels. All the match 5 fun and none of the SAP tiles clogging the board.