5* Switch Build

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Thanks to that lovely Disney vault (needed 35 tokens) I got 400 shards of Switch giving me the shards I needed to complete her (changed my target to Colossus to get the final 2 covers I need for him)
I used 500 shards to put her to 3/5/4 and I still have 500 left. Should I put the last cover on Purple or Green? Purple at 4 covers changes 2 TU a turn (vs 1 at 3 covers) while Green at 5 covers does a bit more damage on her repeater and gives a bit higher damage reduction. Trying to figure out which will be more useful given I won't be champing her for a while so I'll have to run her in this configuration for quite some time (I hate RNG for giving me the useless 5 in Blue).
KGB

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s a coin flip, I think the extra tile conversion will serve you a little better in the short run than 8% more damage reduction, but I’m not certain.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    At 4 covers, the reduction looks like

First hit: 0
    Second hit: 33%
    Third hit: 66%
    Rest of the hit: 80%

At 5, it is
    First hit: 0
    Second hit: 40%
    Third hit: 80%
    Rest of the hit: 80%

It depends on how often you meet enemies that deals more than 2 hits. 

As for purple, converting two tiles are great but it depends on who you pair her up with. 

Her purple and blue power can stack, so it's not that bad.

I would go for 4/5/4 though. You might take more damage but you can always use healthpacks.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Juggernaut is a terror in 4* land and Polaris hits like a ton of bricks. I wouldn’t worry about the tile conversion and just max out her damage protection. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you aren’t going to champ her then 454, but you are probably better off biting the bullet and champing her and running 535.
    Two tile changes can often be the difference between having an available match and firing a power and not getting that match.