MID. Koma, Cosmos Serpent doesn't destroy target token creatures you control. [Investigating]

JinQuiet
JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
Koma, Cosmos Serpent doesn't destroy target token creatures you control.
===========================
Specifically, when I have Koma, Cosmos Serpent on the board and token creatures, in particular:
  • Skeleton tokens from the support card named Skeletal Swarming
  • Decayed Zombie tokens from the creature card named Tainted Adversary

According to the text of the card:

... At the beginning of the combat on your turn: You may destroy target creature you control. ...

This particular trigger "beginning of the combat" doesn't activate of both token types described above.

It is possible that this is a specific case with a particular type of token with the particular planeswalker but the issue there so it looks like it should be fixed.
Here is the deck for Ashiok, Nightmare Muse that can consistently replicate the bug.

Tagged:

Comments

• JinQuiet
    After not working for 2 days bug disoled on it's own and now Koma recognizes token again and can destroy them.
    Strange.
  • JinQuiet
    And once again Koma stopped working. Bug is still present.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @JinQuiet ,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca.

• JinQuiet
    After further trials it seems like Koma doesn't destroy player's tokens if there is no creatures present on the opponent's side of the board.

It is possible that this behavior was designed this way in the first place. Still, I'm curious if this is the way the card is supposed to work.

Thank you.