Week 24 Iceman (Bobby Drake), Jean Grey (Phoenix), Kingpin (Spider-Verse), Storm (Ororo Munroe)

2»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Meta pairs get crushed easily by boosted characters, unless you’re at 550 MMR. At 450-480 colossus/Wanda and Hulkoye are easily disposed of, especially since this week has the best stun in 5* land. 

I used Phoenix/Bobby to start. She was a health pack saver with her revive. When she finally died for good I swapped in Storm. Climbed to 1300. And like Hound, had no hits. I guess neither of us knew what we were doing but lucked our way there with boosted characters?

Edit: I hope people don’t sleep on Phoenix next PvP. Her purple is a great battery. For her mediocre red it’s whatever, but should be nice to fuel Robbie’s new and improved red. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I enjoyed Bobby + Storm with Elsa. Total rainbow coverage and no useless colors, though Storm’s Black was the MVP for me. Make sure Elsa is 5/3/5, then just collect colors (deny the enemy whatever they need the most) and fire powers. Storm’s yellow was pretty clutch, if I was about to eat a nuke I would fire it on blue to keep the enemy would be nuker stunned, otherwise I’d put it on black. Bobby’s green, even when boosted, was less helpful than I expected.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far I've had no problem destroying 550 meta teams with lvl672 Phoenix and lvl614 Storm.

Of course, they can beat me pretty easily too.

Sub 550 meta teams are somewhat less successful.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a non-Robbie PVP I might go Phoenix/Kingpin to climb. Fisk needs friendly specials for his blue, which Jean makes with her Red. In Robbie’s event though I think I’d always cast his red, meaning no specials for Fisk. Should’ve thought of it during Elsa’s PvP. Ah well. 
  • entrailbucket
    Phoenix and Storm was actually a pretty good team, but my perspective is obviously quite skewed by having them both at a really high level (Phoenix is completely maxed out and Storm is nearly lvl500).

Both of them have powers that can cause big cascades and match-5s, which pump up Phoenix's strike tiles to eventually boost Storm's AoE. 

It's not something you'd ever use unboosted but it was good for what it is during the boost week.  I'm not sure how well it might work at lower levels though.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Ended up using pretty much only Wanda and Ic5man for the pvp that ended thismorning. Was pretty fun using wandas pink on green colour. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that GRRR isn’t boosted, I’ve been using Bobby/Daredevil and it’s working pretty well. Stun on 2 colors, with bonus damage anything you sneeze at a stunned opponent. Probably not strong in defense but it attacks pretty well.
  • entrailbucket
    I ended up with Phoenix/Storm the whole way in the GR event, both just using their stuff to power up GR Black and red.

With the boost, Ghost Rider is pretty much insane.  (Enormous caveat: mine is lvl499 pre boost).

His black hit for 100,000 and the damage on red was 25,000 per enemy match.  I found it was much better not to double cast red, because the damage from the CD tile was so crazy.

I tried using his green and it was bad.  I ended up using Storm's, usually on blue to blow up enemy Iceman's CD tiles.

But overall he's very usable when boosted.  Both red and black do absolutely enormous damage.