Did the moxes get a "fix" at the vet?

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
while it being sad that the moxes are now color bound, it seems that there was another less visible but so much more impactfull change.
They don't fill the first available card with mana, just the first.

Right now, the mana of your match is wasted: the mana of your match goes in first and the mox just lightly tops it up.

meaning that even when you have an expensive, empty card on top, your match doesn't go to the second card in hand.

This just means that your mox will effectively be a hindrance when you want to play two cheap cards, or an expensive and a cheap one....

Please tell me that was not intended? please?
Tagged:

Comments

• Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And the Jet is black rather than colorless... They seem to be getting super nerfed...
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    while it being sad that the moxes are now color bound, it seems that there was another less visible but so much more impactfull change.

Right now, the mana of your match is wasted: the mana of your match goes in first and the mox just lightly tops it up.

meaning that even when you have an expensive, empty card on top, your match doesn't go to the second card in hand.

This just means that your mox will effectively be a hindrance when you want to play two cheap cards, or an expensive and a cheap one....

This is how it always worked for me.
    If you had a red card in the first slot, your match mana went to it first, then mox triggered, filling it up.  If your match filled up the card, mox would trigger and fill the next red card. 
    If you had a non red card in the first slot, your match mana went to the first available card, then mox filled the next available red card.
    If you had a full red card in your first slot, mox would fill the next available red card.
    This behavior is why I try to put a couple non-red cards in my deck, so I have something to fill with my match mana, and still let mox trigger, filling something all the way.
    Ruby Mox has been working the exact same post update as pre update, at least as far as I can tell.  The only difference I've noticed is it's now red, not colorless.

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whaow, ... i didnt mind the color change too much but that other change is terrible 😬
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options

If you had a red card in the first slot, your match mana went to it first, then mox triggered, filling it up.  If your match filled up the card, mox would trigger and fill the next red card. 
    If you had a non red card in the first slot, your match mana went to the first available card, then mox filled the next available red card.
    If you had a full red card in your first slot, mox would fill the next available red card.
    This behavior is why I try to put a couple non-red cards in my deck, so I have something to fill with my match mana, and still let mox trigger, filling something all the way.
    Ruby Mox has been working the exact same post update as pre update, at least as far as I can tell.  The only difference I've noticed is it's now red, not colorless.

What happened before: have a 3 mana card and a 20 mana card (both red) the match filled the first and the mox filled the second. 

Now the match fills the first and the mox does nothing
  • ambrosio191
    edited October 2021
    Options

What happened before: have a 3 mana card and a 20 mana card (both red) the match filled the first and the mox filled the second. 

Now the match fills the first and the mox does nothing
    I just this exact situation: mox ruby on the board, killer instinct partially filled up, an empty fiery emancipation, and a red match triggering mox ruby that gave enough mana to fill killer instinct.  The mana went to my killer instinct, filling completely, then mox ruby triggered filling fiery emancipation fully, exactly like it did pre-update.  I dont know what you are experiencing, but it's not the same as me. The only change I can see with mox ruby is the change from colorless to red, which was an intentional change by the devs.
    edit: changed red to colorless to be colorless to red.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     The only change I can see with mox ruby is the change from red to colorless, which was an intentional change by the devs.

Did you mean from colorless to red?
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
     The only change I can see with mox ruby is the change from red to colorless, which was an intentional change by the devs.

Did you mean from colorless to red?

Yes, thank you for the catch.  Ill edit my previous post.
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    Now that ive had a chance to get mox jet I can see this issue happening.  Mox ruby behaves as I described above, but mox jet behaves as @andrewvanmarle described.  Clearly something is wrong/inconsistent.  Maybe this should be moved to the bug subforum.
  • ambrosio191
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support can this be moved to the bugs and technical difficulties sub-forum?  I dont want to open a new thread there just to reference this one here.  Something isnt behaving as intended with these two cards.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello guys,
    This issue has been fixed in the latest Data Push we had 😁
    Here's the Patch Notes part about it:
    Fixed issue where Masterpiece Support Card Mox Jet (PMA) only gave full mana to the first black card, even though it was already full mana.

• ambrosio191
    Options
    Hello guys,
    This issue has been fixed in the latest Data Push we had 😁
    Here's the Patch Notes part about it:
    Fixed issue where Masterpiece Support Card Mox Jet (PMA) only gave full mana to the first black card, even though it was already full mana.

Thank you for moving this, and thank you for pointing out it was an issue and got fixed.