Week 16 Boost List Doctor Octopus (Classic), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mister Sinister, Silver Surfer

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’ve settled on partnering my Sinister with 5Witch and trying to get her making blue tiles ASAP. It’s been working all right. I respec’d sinister to 3/5/5 as well.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have found Sinister to be shockingly useless. The engine just doesn't get going fast enough without old school Bishop.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I love how polarizing Sinister’s play style is lol
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Despite Sinister being one of the 5* characters with poor impression/reception since his release, he surprised me during this boost week. I was running 5witch and Sinister and I was winning almost all attacks (except one) launched against me. 

Good job Mr Sinister and 5Witch.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister is purely random, even if you collect all the blue for to fire various behold it is perfectly possible for them to be in an unaccesible spot, or the enemy can disarm the trap if he creates an special tile in them.

It is a good defensive deterrent because he delays the battle or he makes it annoying, but nothing more.
    His behold! being buffed by ×2 instead of the usual ×2'5 makes it powerful but not decisive. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like people knew Sinister was good but no one has him for some other reason...maybe something to do with the release order, or who was in Latest with him.

As expected, I saw almost no boosted guys in the Patch event.  It was all Okoye teams, Apocalypse teams, and SW/Colossus, and then a ton of Polaris teams once I hit 5-pointers.  Rocket is boosted, so at the 4* level that's probably an easy choice.

I ran Surfer/Sinister and it was ok.  I mostly used Sinister blue over Surfer's. 

Lvl675 guys completely break the game, even when they're terrible at 550.  Surfer red does about 60,000 damage and his blue heals him for 80,000 at that level.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    Options
    The thing about Sinister is that his traps happen regardless of which team finds them, so you just want to be constantly spamming them everywhere you can and just matching many old thing. You’ll either be doing a little damage from Original Sinister, stealing or destroying AP on Sinister Secrets, or doing big damage on Behold! You just have to relax and embrace cascade play, and let things shake out however. He isn’t really good for players who need to be highly efficient and deliberate for those same reasons. Chavez or boosted Karnak and their board shaking ways compliment him a lot.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister shared store with carnage brb and havoc.
    He is funny fighting goons always firing powers. One thing is for sure, if in this week there were 2 good characters he never would see the light.
    On all these mindless pves I'm using often morbius instead of him with much better performance. Possibly fighting mafia sinister would be better. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I have found Sinister to be shockingly useless. The engine just doesn't get going fast enough without old school Bishop.
    It’s true that original flavor bishop was Sinister’s best partner, but in the absence of that I took Hawkeye/Coulson with him into the challenge node in Deepest Space (Devestator/Carbage/Horror) and had fun for 4x clears. You’ll want to use Hawkeye’s first blue arrow to put Carbage down for a few rounds so you can seed the board better, and after that just use the blue on Behold.
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:
    It’s true that original flavor bishop was Sinister’s best partner, but in the absence of that I took Hawkeye/Coulson with him into the challenge node in Deepest Space (Devestator/Carbage/Horror) and had fun for 4x clears. You’ll want to use Hawkeye’s first blue arrow to put Carbage down for a few rounds so you can seed the board better, and after that just use the blue on Behold.

I meant for PvP.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Borstock said:
    On these one character challenge nodes I just load Mantis with 8 green at start , put Carnage in Perma sleep and handle 2 minor goons quickly . Same thing with Goblin today and Doom 3 tomorrow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    How are you starting with 8 green? Supports
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It got to be support and ap boost. It's either Yaro Root or Atlantis.

5Witch and Sinister has been a formidable team for this boost week. Usually, I will receive 5 or more (shielded) losses for each pvp. For the past two pvps, the total number of shielded losses is around three, and I got quite a number of defensive wins.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:

I meant for PvP.
    I tried replacing Bishop with Vulture in pick-2, but it wasn't fast enough. BRB is probably the best self-contained blue generator in 5* play (Hawkeye is awesome if there are CDs in play, but he isn't that fast alone), but they compete for tilespace between the traps and the protects, which is why I settled on 5Witch. She can basically become your iHulk fo any color you need. That being said, I cruised on up to 1200 in the Punish3r pvp by riding Sinister with my max-champ Chavez.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I probably going to sound weird, but I having a fun time playing Sinister and Ock in pvp. They are a really slow team for sure, but when boosted, they have a chance against any team. 

I found it amusing that sinister will be laying down traps and creating new plots, while Ock will be going for his nuclear reactor. Two villains trying to out do each other. Hilarious. 
    And the best thing is that such a combination is unlikely to happen again. I assume they will mix up the boost list. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How are you starting with 8 green? Supports
    As mentioned , two supports give 5 green at start with high percentage. Plus 3 green AP boost 
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:

I meant for PvP.
    I tried replacing Bishop with Vulture in pick-2, but it wasn't fast enough. BRB is probably the best self-contained blue generator in 5* play (Hawkeye is awesome if there are CDs in play, but he isn't that fast alone), but they compete for tilespace between the traps and the protects, which is why I settled on 5Witch. She can basically become your iHulk fo any color you need. That being said, I cruised on up to 1200 in the Punish3r pvp by riding Sinister with my max-champ Chavez.

I didn't have a problem just using Apoc and 5witch. I won with Sinister, but the matches took longer and cost more health packs.