You've Found An Entrance

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2021 in Event Details

“The way opened before him, and the dust of centuries stirred in the air.”       

Event Type: PvE

No Entrance Fee

Deck Restrictions: Standard

Rewards: Progression

Number of Encounters: 10

All Planeswalkers’ colors are allowed

Initial Charges: 1 | Max Charges: 4

There’s an initial encounter related to a node that may unlock another node according to the objective completed.

Some of the encounters spawn event supports.

Recharge Time: 8h

Event Duration: 46h

A path has shown before you, and after a perception check, you found an inscription. You’re not that proficient in draconic, but still you can understand something: legendary delights await in a path filled with majestic perils. Are you going in? Roll initiative.

SPECIAL RULES

Each encounter may unlock one of two possible encounters, according to your gameplay style. This way, a path is set through the dungeon and even if you go back, you can’t unlock the other paths. The only way to unlock all other encounters is by completing the Dungeon.

OBJECTIVES

Gather your Party

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

• Roll Player

• Roll 6 or more dice during a single fight.

• Reward: +3 Score.

• No Gambling

• Roll 6 or less dice during a single fight.

• Reward: +2 Score.

Find Your Hirer in a Crowd

• Win the Fight!

• Run Over

• Summon 3 or more Creatures with Trample during a single fight.

• Sneak Around

• Summon 2 or less Creatures with Trample during a single fight.

• Reward: +3 Score

Equipment Room

• Win the Fight!

• Leyline

• Convert 25 or more gems during a single fight.

• Unresourceful

• Convert 24 or less gems during a single fight.

Venture in 

• Win the Fight!

• Dungeon Master

• Complete 2 or more Dungeons during a single fight.

• First Timer

• Complete 1 or less Dungeons during a single fight.

Skeletal Swarming 

• Win the Fight!

• Mankind

• Cast 3 or more Creatures with any of these subtypes: Human

• Inhuman

• Cast 2 or less Creatures with any of these subtypes: Human

Treasure Room

• Win the Fight!

• Scavenger Hunt

•  Destroy 7 or more Treasure tokens during a single fight.

• Suspicious

• Destroy 6 or less Treasure tokens during a single fight.

Pit Trap 

• Win the Fight!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score

• Commander

• Summon 7 or more Creatures during a single fight.

• Burst

• Summon 6 or less Creatures during a single fight.

Summoning Vecna 

• Win the Fight!

• God Slayer

• Destroy a creature with the God subtype

Dragon’s Nest 

• Win the Fight!

• Winged

• Cast 4 or more Creatures with Flying during a fight.

Song of the Bard 

• Win the Fight!

• Multifocused

• Cast spells of 1 or more different colors during a single fight.

• Mightstone

• Cast 3 or more creatures with power 4 or more.

• Reward: +2 Score

REWARDS

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Summoning Vecna and Dragon's Nest only have two objectives.  The rest have three.  Is that correct?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, what does "Cast spells of 1 or more different colors during a single fight" mean?  The spells have to be multicolored, or you can cast multiple spells of different mono colors? 

How many spells?

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for providing the event info.  I have two similar questions about objectives:

1. The "Inhuman" objective in YFE says:
    Cast X or less Creatures with any of these subtypes: Human.
    And there's also an existing "Inhuman" objective in CotC - Garenbrig, which says:
    Summon X or more Creatures with any of these subtypes: Beast, Elf, Giant, Wolf.
    Are there now two different versions of the "Inhuman" objective, or has "Inhuman" changed for CotC - Garenbrig too?

2. The "Burst" objective in YFE says:
    Summon X or less Creatures during a single fight.
    And there's also an existing "Burst" objective in many events (RtO, HoR, FS, NoP, EC, and ToZ) which says "Cast" instead of "Summon".  Are there now two different versions of the "Burst" objective, or will "Burst" change for the existing events too?

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    madwren said:
    Summoning Vecna and Dragon's Nest only have two objectives.  The rest have three.  Is that correct?
    Yes, that's correct. As players reach the final matches, the Dungeon gets smaller.
    Thank you for your interest 😊
    madwren said:
    Also, what does "Cast spells of 1 or more different colors during a single fight" mean?  The spells have to be multicolored, or you can cast multiple spells of different mono colors? 

How many spells?

You can cast any spell, from any color. And there's no minimum quantity. 
    Volrak said:
    Thank you for providing the event info.  I have two similar questions about objectives:

1. The "Inhuman" objective in YFE says:
    Cast X or less Creatures with any of these subtypes: Human.
    And there's also an existing "Inhuman" objective in CotC - Garenbrig, which says:
    Summon X or more Creatures with any of these subtypes: Beast, Elf, Giant, Wolf.
    Are there now two different versions of the "Inhuman" objective, or has "Inhuman" changed for CotC - Garenbrig too?

2. The "Burst" objective in YFE says:
    Summon X or less Creatures during a single fight.
    And there's also an existing "Burst" objective in many events (RtO, HoR, FS, NoP, EC, and ToZ) which says "Cast" instead of "Summon".  Are there now two different versions of the "Burst" objective, or will "Burst" change for the existing events too?

Some Objectives vary their versions from event to event, according to the theme. And they're are considered different Objectives.
    This difference also applies for versions with Cast and with Summon, they are different Objectives. There is a definition of the difference between Cast and Summon in the Gallery of Rules and Definitions.

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Some Objectives vary their versions from event to event, according to the theme. And they're are considered different Objectives.
    This difference also applies for versions with Cast and with Summon, they are different Objectives. There is a definition of the difference between Cast and Summon in the Gallery of Rules and Definitions.

Thanks for your answer!
    I asked because out of the 129 objectives in the game until now, by objective name, 127 of those objectives are functionally identical in every event they appear in, apart from numbers.  The two which aren't are "Summon" (only appearing in one of the oldest events in the game, from 2016) and "Commander" (appearing 12 times in events as "summon", and once as "cast" in another very old event, from 2018).  The list of all objectives and how they all follow the pattern of differing only by numbers, with almost no exceptions, can be seen at https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Objectives.
    These differences in the YFE objectives take objectives in a new direction, different to what has been done in every new event in the game for more than 3 years.
    For what it's worth, my feedback on that change of direction is that the way it was - having consistency by objective name - was an asset to the game.  It meant players who were familiar with an objective could immediately understand what's required just from the name, and it reduced the chance of unexpected differences causing negative experiences for players.
  • Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Any one have an ideas for how to beat Dragon's Nest?  Seems to be the most difficult PVE encounter I have ever ... well encountered -- and just a 3rd the way through the event by points (35) too!  Seems way out of line in difficulty compared to previous events.  I can see that Exile and Disable would be better than Destroy here but in the current Standard meta there are very few good options there.
  • Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Well, luckily I have Hixus but a Mythic like this is not going to be available to the vast majority of users.  And for this to work before he kills me so fast I basically have to have Hixus in my opening hand. Which I had once and got it out and got it to stick.  He still uses a Loyalty ability to kill one of his dragons and get another out hasted.  But luckily I had lifegain to offset that and playing Karn got a token down with prevent damage and reach.  But I failed to cast four Flyers before I won and so didn't get the objective.  Fine I thought, at least I am past this horrible node. 
    Nope.  Still has me at Dragon Nest node. So is this the final node for me for the rest of the event?  This is just a terrible design.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:

How many spells?

You can cast any spell, from any color. And there's no minimum quantity. 
    Clarification: It turns out the spell must be multicolored. So not "any color" but "any combination of colors".

• MforVendetta
    MforVendetta Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2021
    If anyone’s still stuck on Dragon’s Nest, this is a pretty cheap deck I used to get my flying objective (been playing for ages but I still don’t have Hixus…) Took a few attempts using Ugin PW and a decent amount of luck. I agree the setup of this event doesn’t make much sense, but I like the idea behind it. 

Can’t post a photo, so here’s a list.. 
    Hateful Eidolon
    Vexing Gull
    Chainweb Arachnir
    Scion of the Swarm 
    Poet’s Quill
    Glass Casket
    Fall of the Imposter 
    Eat to Extinction 
    Final Death
    Study Break
  • KimJ721
    KimJ721 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    If anyone’s still stuck on Dragon’s Nest, this is a pretty cheap deck I used to get my flying objective (been playing for ages but I still don’t have Hixus…) Took a few attempts using Ugin PW and a decent amount of luck. I agree the setup of this event doesn’t make much sense, but I like the idea behind it...

Thank you for posting this. You saved my bacon! :)