Marvel Puzzle Quest R233 Release Notes (8/2/21)

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This purple gradient aesthetic isn't to my taste, though it's clearly the direction the team wants to take us so I'll deal with it. I did turn off the dimming, that's wonderful, thank you for putting that on a toggle.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At the risk of being "that guy", I like the new visuals.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I prefer the previous version but it isn't game breaking or anything so whatever.
    As for the dimming - I must have got used to it (not that it was a big issue for me before) because I don't really notice it any more. I might try the toggle anyway though because who can resist a button to push?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I prefer the previous version but it isn't game breaking or anything so whatever.
    As for the dimming - I must have got used to it (not that it was a big issue for me before) because I don't really notice it any more. I might try the toggle anyway though because who can resist a button to push?
    Oddly enough, I switched the dimming off then found I was subconsciously using it as a cue for my turn. I’m glad it’s on a toggle now.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think rewards are better visually and you can notice them more now, even if going in autopilot.
    I pressed that button for quitting the dimming and... I didn't like it! So I play with the dimming. 
    But it's great to have the freedom to choose.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Same here.
    I did 1 Deadpool daily battle with it on and one with it off. I could barely tell the difference and would not have been able to if I wasn't specifically looking for it.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The recruit character visual looks great. It gives a grand feeling of rostering the character.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The dimmer toggle is a good feature, but I'm torn: I don't like the current dimming effect, where the entire board and all of the tiles dim on the enemy turn, but I recognise that some dimming is helpful to indicate that the enemy is taking their turn! The old board design just had the board background change from blue to black instead of all of the tiles dimming, and I think that's the really jarring part of the new UI change.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Now I take it back it seems.  The last day or so I haven’t seen Iron Man thanking me even once,  I am okay with that, but just wanted to say, because earlier I was still seeing him.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They are following the script. He's not coming back.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • The pop-up screens when receiving rewards have received a visual refresh.
    This needs a scroll indicator. I keep missing information because it's not at all obvious when I need to scroll it to see more. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like this happened in this update but it may have been present before.  In the story and versus section if you touch the blank section below your iso/HP/CP and above an event it takes you to the current new character which is Odin right now.  It just a minor annoyance.