Marvel Puzzle Quest R233 Release Notes (8/2/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the R233 Release Notes.

“Of unknown provenance”

• Command all the strength of the Odinforce with Odin (Classic) in select events now!
  • Avengers Assemble! Log in on August 14th to celebrate Free Comic Book Day with a 4-Star surprise!

Additional Details:

• Tapping on a featured character now opens the character info screen.
  • A toggle has been added to the Options Menu to enable/disable the dimming effect on the board during the enemy's turn.
  • Unlocking a new character now displays the star rarity of the character and includes other visual changes.
  • The pop-up screens when receiving rewards have received a visual refresh.
  • Fixed an issue where Electro (Francine Frye)'s "Volts, Bolts, and Jolts" ability would still activate with no effect if there were less than 3 Red basic tiles on the board.
  • Fixed multiple issues where the support icon was incorrectly visible in team selection under specific conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where the Level Up button remained interactive after leveling up a Support to its max level.

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Best news today!

Thank you!
    • A toggle has been added to the Options Menu to enable/disable the dimming effect on the board during the enemy's turn.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The change to the reward pop-up window is horrible!   It's a purple block, like a knock off Lego that was badly made.   Lacks any depth.  

Or for the design team to understand, it's like this compared to the browsers today.  So plain.

• Elementeo
    Elementeo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How about adding costumes to champion rewards and adding more supports
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elementeo said:
    How about adding costumes to champion rewards and adding more supports
    Or adding them to milestones.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the Antidim toggle. Wish it happened earlier, but now that I gave up on it, it‘s a nice change.

But:
    Doesn‘t reveal itself to me, it looks like before? What popup is actually referred to? I checked:

* Claiming a pve reward for clearing a node
    * claiming a bonus intercept reward
    * claiming a pvp reward for winning a match
    * claiming a vault token reward
    * claiming a quest reward
    * claiming a teamup reward

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for finally giving us the option to turn off dimming, its 5 months too late but better than never.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for finally eliminating the dimmer switch.  In future when adding this kind of "feature" please allow user preferences in the first place.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Thanks for the Antidim toggle. Wish it happened earlier, but now that I gave up on it, it‘s a nice change.

But:
    Doesn‘t reveal itself to me, it looks like before? What popup is actually referred to? I checked:

* Claiming a pve reward for clearing a node
    * claiming a bonus intercept reward
    * claiming a pvp reward for winning a match
    * claiming a vault token reward
    * claiming a quest reward
    * claiming a teamup reward

The one you get when you finish a match and it shows you the rewards you collected from that match.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    grenadier said:
    The one you get when you finish a match and it shows you the rewards you collected from that match.
    Aye, thx. Indeed I found the instance. Seeing the purple way now, its only the screen/popup for an actual progression reward, nothing else. Guess it‘lll come one by one in the next months to update each other screen to purple.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This sucks change it back to the way it was. Its a purple eyesore to look at 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lol **** I don't know which is worse.  Whoever's designing the UI changes or whoever's okay-ing them.  Everyone involved needs to be fired because no one asked for any of it and for the most part, no one likes it.  ANY of it.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It affects VIP awards as well. You are no longer thanked by Iron Man for supporting the game, it’s just the purple pop-up with bonus reward.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do non-new players still take their time to look at reward popup? For me, I quickly close the pop-up box instinctly. What I see in the end is purple shade fading away. 

I thought things look nicer when you are receiving your placement rewards. It's a bunch of shiny stuffs again a dark background, compared to shiny stuffs again light blue background.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually don't mind the look of the new reward screen. The only thing I wish they would have done with the update is to combine all rewards for one win into one reward screen instead of having multiples show up. I have no idea if this even possible though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought it's already combined? We might be looking at different places thought. If you get rewards from both pvp progression and season progress rewards, they show up in one box.

Or are you referring to node rewards and progression rewards? That's the only place I can think of where rewards are separated.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I actually still get Iron Man thanking me.  But I am not VIP, just receive bonus awards from buying an HP pack every month.  
    But he’s still there,
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd rather them revamp the support system than add more.  Let duplicate supports be able to level up a support not just give you a pittance of red iso.

We've been getting a fair amount of supports via puzzle gauntlets, but in the last 3 I think I got 2 level-ups to my supports and lots of (small amounts of) red iso.
    Or even introduce shards to support if a dupicate to level up is deemed too much.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought it's already combined? We might be looking at different places thought. If you get rewards from both pvp progression and season progress rewards, they show up in one box.

Or are you referring to node rewards and progression rewards? That's the only place I can think of where rewards are separated.

If you are getting PvE rewards and bonus rewards they show up as two separate reward screens. I have sometimes had three different reward screens to click through after a PvE win (don't recall what the third one might be). It would be nice if all of these just show up on one screen after the win.
    P.S. If I think of it next time I run PvE I'll see what pops up and update this post.