Do you ever feel that Daily Shard Offerings are messing with you?

Kross
Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
There are two 5* characters that I am close to champing so I just decided that the next time they show up in the Daily Offerings I'll just purchase the shards I need to champ them.

One of them is a newer character and I have only been checking for them for 2 weeks or so, but the other I have been waiting for months.

I am pretty sure I have checked every 12 hours when the characters change, and while I have noticed some characters have been available at least 3 times, that I remember, I am still waiting for one character to show up once.

So now I feel that the game knows what I want and is just playing with my emotions.

Has anyone else been toyed with on Daily Shards for months at a time?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think characters in LT will show up in shard stores because the cost of new 5* is twice that of non-latest 5*. (500cp vs 250cp).

Is there any feeder for the other character? Or you can check 5* shards in pvp placement rewards. They are given based on alphabetical order.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to wait like three months for Apoc to show up again in the store before I could finish him off, that was before he had a feeder. So I bought 160 shards since I didn't know when he would be in there again. Naturally he showed up in there again like two days later. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I had this happen with iHulk and once I didn't need the shards anymore he was in there like twice in a week.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I waited 2 months for my Okoye to show up for champing , there were less than 50 5* back then, law of averages should have had it appear 2 to 3 times . Eventually I passively champed her by shards, and she showed up twice in the next 6 days .
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I have never bought 5star shards from the daily shop. Seems too expensive, especially when you get to the 5th purchase.  

If I ever have to for the daily, I just pick a 3star.

Back on topic, I feel the spicy vault messes with players in a similar way.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do like that the Spicy Vault has thrown out covers for new 4's shortly after they have gone into tokens. I got a Scorpion and just this week a Monica from it. Think I might have got Dark Beast too. No idea if that is just pure RNG or whether there is something else going on that features the covers after token entry on purpose but it is very nice all the same.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    The Daily Shard Offer totally trolls you.  If you want to see how quickly your most wanted 5* will come, just blow your whole wad of HP on something else.
    I'd reckon, if you bought a bunch of HP to spend on shards for a character, that this character would show up quite often when your HP resources are low.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty sure spicy vault is messing with me, the last two I've pulled for have come out on pull 38 out of 40