Nerf culture

Options
13»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    there is no such thing as roster diversity , whatever you do , people will always play the best character, period. It is impossible to make them all equal , people will play the best ones
    The answer is, apparently, to make the best ones change every week!
    Good idea , the devs have been boosting a set of characters every week , what if they also banned a different set of characters every week?
    I’d love a give and take balance to weekly boost/ sidelined 
    Bring back heroics.  Those were always interesting because they had limited rosters available.  Sometimes with great results, sometimes with horrifying ones. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,899 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe they got rid of heroic PvE events because of the overwhelmingly huge volume of complaints they got about them.

It'd be worse now.  Imagine the reaction to a CL10 PvE with no Okoye or Apocalypse.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    The main reason, I guess, why some are calling for Heroics back is because they have deep rosters that can overcome the negative impact of its restrictions. Unfortunately, players who can't will complain. I think old shield training was a preview of what feedbacks to expect when Heroic is brought back.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,899 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The main reason, I guess, why some are calling for Heroics back is because they have deep rosters that can overcome the negative impact of its restrictions. Unfortunately, players who can't will complain. I think old shield training was a preview of what feedbacks to expect when Heroic is brought back.
    To be fair, I think most of the complaints would come from lower tier players who just wouldn't have very many of the allowed characters on their roster at all, not from entitled vets who expect to win CL10 every time and couldn't because their one lvl550 5* was locked out (although they would complain too).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess it would be an expectation thing. When I first started playing the game Heroics were a regular thing and so I was accustumed to not being able to compete in these events unless I got a lucky week where my 3's were more than just 1 character. If you have never experienced that as a regular part of the rotation of the game it is obviously going to be a shock to the system and not likely a good one. We have seen that one of the biggest "triggers" for complaints are any events where players feel unfairly discriminated against in terms of being able to take part and win rewards (SHIELD Training, Required character lock-in's like 5SL node that time which was called "pay to win", the Raid like events that discriminated against more casual Alliances). All of those are gone suggesting the Devs either listened to feedback or just didn't think they were a good fit. Unless it was a one-off or some variant, I think Heroics are toast personally.