Feature request - boost loadouts

Options
JRYUART
JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but was hoping the devs might consider a boost loadout, similar to saved teams, where you can save certain boost combinations (+ap/+dmg) where it will auto purchase and max out at the user’s prompting.  I find myself unnecessarily fumbling around with the boosts the way they are currently implemented in the heat of pve and it’d be nice to just hit a drop down and choose from your designated presets. 

A good place to consider is where you click on the team up & boosts menu and then there are two tabs now -  team ups / boosts.  Perhaps a third tab can be added called “presets” where you can manage your loadouts there.  Thanks 

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are implications here that relate to milestones. It's possible they don't want to do this because it'll make the boost milestone grind too easy.
  • JRYUART
    Options
    Borstock said:
    There are implications here that relate to milestones. It's possible they don't want to do this because it'll make the boost milestone grind too easy.
    The only implications here are my hot dog fingers not being nimble enough to accurately select the correct slot(s), buy/confirm/apply said boosts every time and slowing down my pve .  Why is there such a low threshold on boost inventory at all?  Does anyone actually only need specifically 10% or 30% more power ?  My boost milestone is currently around 58k/100k so it’s gonna be a long time regardless. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    JRYUART said:
    Borstock said:
    The only implications here are my hot dog fingers not being nimble enough to accurately select the correct slot(s), buy/confirm/apply said boosts every time and slowing down my pve .  Why is there such a low threshold on boost inventory at all?  Does anyone actually only need specifically 10% or 30% more power ?  My boost milestone is currently around 58k/100k so it’s gonna be a long time regardless. 

You're going to have a difficult time convincing others that the current setup is prohibitive when you've used 58,000 of them successfully. Seems like you're doing fine.
  • JRYUART
    Options
    Borstock said:
    You're going to have a difficult time convincing others that the current setup is prohibitive when you've used 58,000 of them successfully. Seems like you're doing fine.
    It’s not prohibitive, it’s designed in a way that is not as user friendly as it could be.  Hence the suggestion.  Another Cable cover isn’t going to be the impetus for anyone playing in my tier to ask for a QoL change that everyone could benefit from.  What is the purpose of forcing an additional 18+ taps between pve nodes just to add boosts when they could streamline it? Tbh, benefitting the milestone quest didn’t even occur to me until you brought it up.  
  • Borstock
    Options
    JRYUART said:
    Borstock said:
    It’s not prohibitive, it’s designed in a way that is not as user friendly as it could be.  Hence the suggestion.  Another Cable cover isn’t going to be the impetus for anyone playing in my tier to ask for a QoL change that everyone could benefit from.  What is the purpose of forcing an additional 18+ taps between pve nodes just to add boosts when they could streamline it? Tbh, benefitting the milestone quest didn’t even occur to me until you brought it up.  

People have been asking for this change for at least as long as I've been playing (Day 2203). They set it up this way for a reason. I would guess the reason is to put the player on yet another screen where they can spend HP, but I'm guessing. I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It certainly is an idea I would be behind.  

Maybe one day we can have more than 6 team slots too. Because with over 100 4s and over 20 usable 5s, that's a lot of potential teams you could save.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, please, this exactly. Why do I need to choose this every time and yet I don't have to choose the team every time? If I set boosts, make them at least auto-fill if I cannot stack them to a reasonable number (like 50 would be fine). Might add an option just like there's an option to skip the animations...
  • magicbeaned
    magicbeaned Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please fix the ability to add boosts. It was always much easier, now it is an awful pain.