Options
2»

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    MegaBee said:

Charged tiles count as friendly specials!?
    Certainly no. But perhaps they don't count as purple tiles either, so the condition "all purple tiles" is met.

Is that new? Back before they nerfed Worthy, I could trigger Gamora’s deadliest woman even if some of the Purple tiles were charged.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    helix72 said:

Is that new? Back before they nerfed Worthy, I could trigger Gamora’s deadliest woman even if some of the Purple tiles were charged.
    That is not what I was saying. Some characters, like Gladiathor, will deal extra damage per friendly special tile on the board. Charged tiles will not help with that. Therefore, they are not friendly.

But Gamora's Deadliest Woman doesn't require her to have any number of friendly special tile, only that IF there are any purple tiles on the board, that they are friendly. I never tested it, but I imagine that if the whole board has 0 purple tiles, her power will trigger as well.

So, when coulson (or hammercap or anyone else) charges a purple tile, it stops being a Purple tile and becomes a Purple Charged tile. Therefore, that tile no longer prevents Gamora's black passive from triggering.

That's my hypothesis, at least.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I doubt DW triggers when there are 0 purple tile on the board. If so, why bother putting special tiles when it's much more easier to change the colours of tiles?

If we use the official MPQ guide, charged tiles are considered tile effects, instead of special tiles. Someone might want to test if DW triggers when

1) all purple tiles are charged tiles
    2) there are a mix of friendly special tiles and locked purple tiles
    3) there are a mix of friendly special tiles and purple web tiles

If DW triggers for no. 2, it could mean that these charged tiles and locked tiles convert purple tiles into effects, and they don't count as tiles under certain circumstances.

I think Nightcrawler could be a good example to test out this theory. Let's say if there are 10 purple tiles, of which 6 are charged purple tiles, and 9 red basic tiles on the board, and when you use BaMF!, it convert red tiles instead of purple, it sort of proof that the above is true.

If not, it's simply a bug, which they are not in a hurry to fix.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gamora’s purple power specifically states, “if all Purple tiles are friendly special tiles”. And I know it would trigger with Purple charged tiles on the board. Whether that transfers to all charged tiles being considered friendly, I don’t know.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I read somewhere that before the UI change, DW triggered with purple charged tiles.  After the change, it didn't.  People weren't sure which was the bug.  Didn't see a resolution to the issue.  Maybe someone with more patience than I can test this ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I've definitely flooded a board entirely with charged tiles (Throg ftw) and it does not trigger Deadliest Woman if the only purples are charged. It also doesn't trigger if there are no purples on the board (5torm ftw). Web tiles don't do it, forcefields...basically SAP + CD or Repeaters need to be on at least one purple, none can be enemy owned, and then you can turn some purple to reduce the number being calculated. This was briefly "fixed" during one of the UI overhaul debacles, and then it went back to working this way, so I don't know what the story actually is when it comes to the intended behavior. But it never triggered if the only purple specials were charged tiles - but i routinely down enemies by charging the last two purples with a Coulson switcheroo.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks Joe! Now we know!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And knowing is half the battle.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sometimes, Gamora's passive won't trigger if there are enemy special tiles (non purple). I've been using her on CN often enough to see this happen occasionally. No new purple tiles drop, all the purple tiles are either friendly s/a/p tiles or charged or web tiles and still it fizzles. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I didn't know they fixed that charged tile bugs recently. It seems like her power is pretty buggy in specific circumstances. When I first played SCL 10 using IM40, Shuri and G4mora, I didn't encounter any bug, thankfully.

If the old 5* Dr Ock is still around, I think he could work really well with Polaris/BRB. His reactor will be so much easier to activate.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    MegaBee said:

Charged tiles count as friendly specials!?
    Certainly no. But perhaps they don't count as purple tiles either, so the condition "all purple tiles" is met.
    Confirmed! I was using Hawkeye, Coulson, Gamora on the green node and the only two purple tiles that weren't friendly were basic. I swapped them, made a match elsewhere, and Deadliest Woman activated.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1* Juggs is not so squishy in Balance of Power.  Winfinite works pretty well in this event.