1* Juggernaut

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
I haven't had him rostered in some time but have seen talk that he is the fastest winfinite partner for BRB/Polaris? Is this true? I was using Thanos who can take a while to get there but is fairly  good at getting it going. Or is there any body else in the mix? Do you need Juggs max covered?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You only need 5 on green. He's not fast but I think he's a lot more reliable in getting things going for the challenge node than Thanos is especially against 5* Carnage teams. I haven't used him for pvp as I think he puts a bigger target on you so for pvp I just use Thanos.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I haven't used 1* Juggs for winfinte so I can't give you an experienced breakdown, but you would likely want him max covered for green as it drops his AP cost to 6.

The difference is 6 AP for 16 tiles vs. 12 AP for 32 tiles.

Juggs would be faster, but Thanos gets you more, adn once rolling has a higher chance of keeping you at 30 blue/30 green to keep rolling.

Also 1* Juggs is super squishy in comparison. If whoever your fighting has any AOE damage he's gone fast.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like @Loosie said, it's to get the ball rolling in the challenge nodes faster.  If you're a 4* roster sometimes you can't withstand 4/5* Carnages, or runt he risk of ProfX lucking into a cascade and wiping your team.  Using boosts and supports, you can normally fire Juggs green twice by turn 2.  If you don't have enough blue to stun the big bad on the other team, then retreat.  It's slow, but sometimes you have to resort to that to clear the node :/
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Loosie said:
    I haven't used 1* Juggs for winfinte so I can't give you an experienced breakdown, but you would likely want him max covered for green as it drops his AP cost to 6.

The difference is 6 AP for 16 tiles vs. 12 AP for 32 tiles.

Juggs would be faster, but Thanos gets you more, adn once rolling has a higher chance of keeping you at 30 blue/30 green to keep rolling.

Also 1* Juggs is super squishy in comparison. If whoever your fighting has any AOE damage he's gone fast.
    Cool - so take into account situation. I feel it might be worth having both options. I definitely take on board the squishy as losing just one component normally means retreat.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here is a video (taken 2 months ago) showing how they work in one of the challenge nodes:

https://streamable.com/huupso

It might help you to decide if it's worth rostering another 1*.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve extensively tested both on the SCL 10 challenge node. I will add my observations are based on a high level Thanos (360+), and I have 4* Atlantis, 3* Communicator, and 4* Yaro Root supports. I also boost 2 blue, 2 green, and 2 all. Juggernaut is faster to get going, but overall takes about 1 min longer. I typically use Juggs when getting going immediately is important, which is usually vs 5* Carnage, 4* Kraven, 5* Professor X, and Gritty. Otherwise I’m Thanos all the way.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I’ve extensively tested both on the SCL 10 challenge node. I will add my observations are based on a high level Thanos (360+), and I have 4* Atlantis, 3* Communicator, and 4* Yaro Root supports. I also boost 2 blue, 2 green, and 2 all. Juggernaut is faster to get going, but overall takes about 1 min longer. I typically use Juggs when getting going immediately is important, which is usually vs 5* Carnage, 4* Kraven, 5* Professor X, and Gritty. Otherwise I’m Thanos all the way.
    This has been my experience as well.  From my roster perspective of a 490 5* player, some nodes are still problematic and I still use my thanos Winfield combo and 1* jugs where appropriate
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently switched my single 1* character from Sp1der-man to juggernaut he is not only fast, his AP recharge from BRB also seems to allow him to get up to 30 green, which I found problematic using original flavor Danver5 (rip) and Th4nos. That means you can do 2x Scuttlebutt and still use Juggernaut’s green. I’m not sure about 3* storm. 5* storm isn’t as reliable as the other options.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    The other thing to do would be to ask for 1* Juggs as a team up (as long as the sender has his green at 5 covers).
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    I have used 1* Juggernaut in challenge nodes for the Winfinite combo with BRB and Polaris after loosing with Thanos a few times. It does work better, but it is mindboggling slow. It's only worth doing if you really want those points and cannot pull off another team. 3* Punisher is my 3rd for "fast winfinite" with BRB and Polaris. His green costs only 8AP, doesn't destroy as many tiles but is usually generates enough blue to keep the enemy team stunned while I gather green for another pop. And once those huge SCL10 health bars are below 40% his red becomes the strongest nuke in the game.
    This is a really good point.  Instakill will eliminate a lot health.   The real secret to pve success is keep a diary so you can see which teams work better
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jacklag said:
     3* Punisher is my 3rd for "fast winfinite" ... And once those huge SCL10 health bars are below 40% his red becomes the strongest nuke in the game.
    Gamora's deadliest woman begs to differ...

On CN where you need a gimmick I find BRB Gamora Polaris much faster than winfinite and only slightly riskier that you can't keep them in stun lock when you take 4 blue AP boosts plus supports for extra blue and extra protects.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    Jacklag said:
     3* Punisher is my 3rd for "fast winfinite" ... And once those huge SCL10 health bars are below 40% his red becomes the strongest nuke in the game.
    Gamora's deadliest woman begs to differ...

On CN where you need a gimmick I find BRB Gamora Polaris much faster than winfinite and only slightly riskier that you can't keep them in stun lock when you take 4 blue AP boosts plus supports for extra blue and extra protects.
    Ok, granted. Gamora's passive is stronger. I tried that team and it actually is pretty fun. But, in my experience, by the time Deadliest Woman procs 2 out of 3 enemies are already down. It should be great on wave nodes though, I'll have to try that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want that team to work better than it does - usually G4mora eats some unfortunate attack before I can get the stunlock rolling. Coulson/G4mora/Hawkeye I find a lot more reliable, particularly since charging a few purples will count as "friendly specials", so using Coulson to move them around can be a bit of a power play.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another alternative to Juggs is 4* Carnage. Can take an AOE hit better than Juggs can and he destroys more tiles once he gets going. I’ve found him pretty similar timewise to Juggs but on a bad board takes longer to start the winfinite. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Options
    There are a couple 4* characters that destroy 16 tiles for 8 green, like Carnage. X-Force Wolvie is another example, though I’m not sure if the x pattern screws with the winfinite.  Thanos with 32 for 12 and Juggernaut with 16 for 6 seem to be the most efficient. I have never tried either. My Thanos is painfully undercovered. I imagine the Juggernaut winfinite would be painfully slow without a champed BRB, for whom I only have four covers.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The BRB (mine is champed)/Polaris(champed)/Than4s(champed) works around I guess 85% of the time. Carnage - hmm, didn't think of that but I think I might prefer Than4s.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I want that team to work better than it does - usually G4mora eats some unfortunate attack before I can get the stunlock rolling. Coulson/G4mora/Hawkeye I find a lot more reliable, particularly since charging a few purples will count as "friendly specials", so using Coulson to move them around can be a bit of a power play.
    Charged tiles count as friendly specials!?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage puts attack tiles on the board, but that shouldn't be a problem, since Polaris prioritizes protect tiles when she makes more.
    Wolverine might be decent, since his black also destroys tiles.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MegaBee said:

Charged tiles count as friendly specials!?
    Certainly no. But perhaps they don't count as purple tiles either, so the condition "all purple tiles" is met.