***** Knull (King In Black) *****

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

I assume Okoye or Apocalypse can boost this reflected damage as well. 

Actually it may not. When the damage focus is from your own teammate those powers dont buff the damage, so depending how the game treats that damage (coming from the enemy or coming from Knull) it might get buffed or not.

@Thanos have you tested this?

After Thanos comments, I think he is another meh char. 

Also Spidey2099 buffs any match damage from your team in three colors with a passive.... bastly superior to what Knull is doing here (if you just want match damage buffed by Okoye/Apoc).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Friendly strike tiles increase only your own powers and doesn't increase enemy powers, right?

In the second node today, I took 255 damage from a red match 3, with 0 enemy strike tile on the board. The reflected damage should be 84.  However, it was ~492. (255*33%)+(136*3 of Knull's strike tiles). This is how I infer that Okoye or Apocalypse could work. Of course, it might not work for boost via power.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Polares said:
    Actually it may not. When the damage focus is from your own teammate those powers dont buff the damage, so depending how the game treats that damage (coming from the enemy or coming from Knull) it might get buffed or not.

@Thanos have you tested this?

Damage reflect does not get a boost from Okoye or Apoc.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Friendly strike tiles increase only your own powers and doesn't increase enemy powers, right?

In the second node today, I took 255 damage from a red match 3, with 0 enemy strike tile on the board. The reflected damage should be 84.  However, it was ~492. (255*33%)+(136*3 of Knull's strike tiles). This is how I infer that Okoye or Apocalypse could work. Of course, it might not work for boost via power.
    I guess you should be right, I would also expect that if strike tiles buff the damage then powers should too.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    Unfortunately, it doesn't get a boost from Okoye and Apocalypse. At least, there's still strike tiles. Knull looks like a skip for now, but he can't be skipped unless you got Wanda champed. Let's see who's the next 5*.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Polares said:

I guess you should be right, I would also expect that if strike tiles buff the damage then powers should too.
    Would a friendly Okoye or Apoc boost reflected damage from powers, but not matches?
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Thanos said:
    The reflect damage is so minuscule and if there's only one opponent left, it does nothing. 
    Not that this will change your mind, but a single remaining opponent will reflect his damage on himself. In today’s Introducing, only Captain America was left with low health.  He fired his red, and I saw the damage reflected message, and he died and the match was over. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    That's not the reflected damage. It's from his passive purple power or his green CD.

However, his purple active power/red CD won't reflect damage if there's only one opponent left.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2021
    That's not the reflected damage. It's from his passive purple power or his green CD.

However, his purple active power/red CD won't reflect damage if there's only one opponent left.
    I just tested it myself and confirmed that Knulls purple DOES reflect damage even if it's target is the last opponent standing. Maybe you targeted an enemy that got downed right away when you tried it.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    In this video 

https://streamable.com/2oqn9u

The red CDs are targeted at Sentry. He is the last one standing.

There are 3 friendly strike tiles on the board: 136*3= 408 

Knull's passive purple deals 581 damage and his powers ignore protect tiles.

Sentry dealt 1417 damage to Knull. If it does reflect damage, Sentry would have taken (1417*33%)+408= 876 damage.
    However, he took 989 damage instead.

408 + 581 = 989

So, his purple CD ddidn't reflect damage.

What happened is that the banner "Damage Reflected" was displayed before the damage; thus, causing you to believe that it does reflect damage.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Firing his black only results in disappointment...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sure may be missing something, but he doesn't seem all that.  Yes, I don't have him champed yet but on paper at first glance he sounded amazing.  He seems more mid-tier than I thought he would be and, at this point, I am contemplating not skipping Sighclops (just in case there's bigger Phoenix5 synergy coming down the path).  I will still try to get Knull, but it's not the life altering character I think we were all hoping for with him.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing his PvP a bit. If he was a 4* he would be an good third for Pocket and a decent counter since Polaris has a low health pool. Maybe even better with Grockamora.  He might be ok as a solo 5* since he has pretty good synergy with Grocket. 
  • LavaManLee
    OK.  Nevermind.  I am probably an idiot.  Just finished playing with him in PVP and that Reflection of Damage boosted by APOC is pretty nice.  And this is with an unchamped character.  He definitely isn't mid tier.  Maybe not meta changing but you can't hide a low health 4* easily (Polaris, Grocket, Chavez) f you are playing him.
  • HoundofShadow
    Only strike tiles boost his reflected damage. Apocalypse doesn't. What you saw was his passive purple power getting boosted from Apocalypse.
  • LavaManLee
    Only strike tiles boost his reflected damage. Apocalypse doesn't. What you saw was his passive purple power getting boosted from Apocalypse.
    Thanks!  Appreciate it.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    So in PvP events, in 5star land, it's rare the loaner can do big damage.

I found knull to be suprisingly helpful
  • LavaManLee
    I have never, ever been unshielded before in PVP overnight and come back with positive points.  I gained about 18 points overnight in my SCL10 slice.  I'm running champed 470 BRB and max champed 370 Polaris with my loaner Knull.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have never, ever been unshielded before in PVP overnight and come back with positive points.  I gained about 18 points overnight in my SCL10 slice.  I'm running champed 470 BRB and max champed 370 Polaris with my loaner Knull.
    Last time I was able to do something like that was when Bishop didn't suck.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    in this PVP going against IHulk it was nice getting The opponents IHulk down to 1HP and letting IHulk kill his own team.  Also with using Apoc and BRB my loaner took most of the damage.  I feel in a pick 3 he might not always be the best, but as a 3rd he is going to be really useful.  

He also worked well with Polaris with Polaris spamming tiles