Options
2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Retiring older 5* does the following:
    1) Helps newer players (ie those who don't have all the 5* champed/mostly covered) because they don't have to worry about collecting a cover or two for ancient 5* just for PvE. It also means in CL10 you aren't dragging an old useless 5* around in the 5E node.
    2) Frees up a roster slot if you sell back which for those who are bumping against 300 slots and dread paying 2K a slot.
    3) Helps those who fail to champ one of the latest before they leave due to bad RNG. Especially if they retire quite a few (like say 20 or so) old characters making it so there are only about 30 5* in classics. Not a giant odds improvement but it would at least be some improvement.
    4) No more dreading a new 5* release store / limited store when you see it contains a Civil War Cap or a FatPin. This recently happened to me a couple of stores ago when I was looking to finish Thor and I drew like 8 Civil War Iron Man covers so that I ended up champing a useless 5* I never wanted.
    5) Last but not least, we wouldn't have tons of threads calling for buffs to Banner / Wasp or some other older long bypassed match damage 5* character like Phoenix. The dev's would also be under no pressure to try and balance out those characters and risk the wrath of the forum for doing too little to be beneficial or too much to OP someone.
    KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Honestly what I think is devs feel shy to buff outclassed 5*s.
    Archangel was buffed to 60k health and he has one power of 7AP but his others are 9. He is slow, he doesnt pack a punch his powers are only for to mess enemy AP and for to nullify an enemy who dares to fly. A powertool like that will be difficult to be effective. 
    KGB said:
    Retiring older 5* does the following:

3) Helps those who fail to champ one of the latest before they leave due to bad RNG. Especially if they retire quite a few (like say 20 or so) old characters making it so there are only about 30 5* in classics. Not a giant odds improvement but it would at least be some improvement.
    4) No more dreading a new 5* release store / limited store when you see it contains a Civil War Cap or a FatPin. This recently happened to me a couple of stores ago when I was looking to finish Thor and I drew like 8 Civil War Iron Man covers so that I ended up champing a useless 5* I never wanted.

KGB
    There are many gacha games having literally hundreds of characters, but they are not retiring them. Instead they provide them with more decent powers.
    Retiring characters I think its in the same degree as to nerf them. A lot of investment will be lost and the compensation never will be so good as the hard work to earn them. 
    Actually, the way to make them playable is quite easy and the rebalance should be like I said on my last comment. 
    Now, for making them actually good, a perk system could be featured and I think nobody would complain at them being good after going into the hard work to obtain them, champ them,and obtaining the possible perks.
    Plus initial 5*s dont have powerful passives they cannot compete with latest, in theory.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These reasons don’t appeal to me personally. Not having someone on roster is like a 3-day hindrance once a year. If you have over 300 characters now it means you have ~50ish duplicates, so it would make more sense to me to slow down on 4* releases. My personal suggestion is to go to a 4*, 5*, Support release schedule and to actually get serious about making supports desirable.