**** Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) ****

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    KGB said:

New players are chasing them. As in new to the 4* tier. The reason is that they are heavily featured for several months (like the latest 5* are) so they can be easily fully covered by a player transitioning to the 4* tier.  As a late stage 4* player (all 4* champed) I routinely get new 4*s into the 290 range by the time they rotate out of the heavy rotation.
    On the other hand older 4* are almost as hard to cover as older 5* are due to dilution being that much worse.
    At some point Demi is going to have to address the idea of permanently retiring older characters like they did with 1* Yelena Belova. They'd offer an LT buyback for a retiring 5* like they did with Gambits nerf and from that point forward the character would no longer be available in tokens at all. Pretty much every 5* prior to Thor could be retired and they could stagger it out at a decent pace of say 1 retirement every couple of months.
    KGB
    They tried retiring characters once and that is not the answer. There has to be a way to continue to get the older characters. The easiest solution would be to make latest tokens actually only contain the latest characters,  4* included,  classic tokens could have all the rest. Though for some reason the devs don't want to do that. I don't remember if they ever explained why. 
    Why do we need continual access to 5+ year old characters? I can't recall the last time I've seen Surfer / Phoenix etc used anywhere in PvP (besides Class of 2015 they run 1x a year). They get used once every year in PvE, if that often when they are essential. No one runs them anymore at all because they are hopelessly outdated so they just clog up roster slots and dilute Classic Legend tokens and annoyingly appear in 5* limited stores for new 5* releases.
    Players hated that latest LT tokens only contained latest 4* because they wanted access to champ rewards for older 4* when they opened a hoard of LT's (hardly anyone opens classics). So you'll never get LT's just giving latest 4*.
    KGB
    I can't even guess how many discussions on the classics store have happened. I can't remember who mentioned it, but another forumite mentioned something similar about splitting the store in 2: one for newer and one for older. I don't think it's a horrible idea. It just depends on how it's done.

The newer classics would likely remain at 20 cp as it would be the one that would be pulled from on rare occasions by the few interested. The older one would have to be cheaper since very few people are interested in the more vintage characters.

The word "vintage" gives me and idea though. What if we kept the Latest Legends store (25 cp) and the Classic Legends store (20 cp), but introduced a Vintage Legends store (15-18 cp). The VL store would contain the oldest stuff that mostly collectors would prize. The LL store would continue to rotate characters out every 18 weeks. The CL store would rotate characters out every 6-12 months. The VL store would have everything else.

The plus is that those who couldn't finish off characters in LL could potentially do so in CL before those characters retire to VL. Odds still wouldn't be great, but better than they are now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    This game is not about forcing you to use all characters regularly, it's about giving you choices to create teams that you like to see and use. All these are subjective and personal. Just because X character is useless to you doesn't mean that they are useless to everyone. I have seen players chasing non-meta or trash tier characters simply because they love them. They are aware they are trash or non-meta but they don't care. Retiring characters just because you think they are useless is quite unhelpful. Other players will be disappointed by such actions.  

Also, new 4* are easier to fully cover than older 4*, so new players to 4* tier can move up more easily. This does make sense. If you want to cover your favourite 4* who are in Classic hell, shards system was created just for that. 

As for 6*, 3 years ago, the dev said that majority of the players don't want six stars, unless players changed their minds over the years.

It's quite sad Monica's thread has been turned into another such discussion.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    This discussion inspired me a new thread here https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84944/self-service-rebalance
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021

Why is this sad?  Isn't the point of forums to have discussions?  Are we all supposed to clap and cheer every new 4* without any discussion?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

Why is this sad?  Isn't the point of forums to have discussions?  Are we all supposed to clap and cheer every new 4* without any discussion?

Context.  

Should we really be discussing things that aren't directly related to the featured character in their' announcement thread and discussion?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:

Context.  

Should we really be discussing things that aren't directly related to the featured character in their' announcement thread and discussion?
    I am probably in the minority but I think we should. Anything is fair game, IMO.  If I am wrong, I have no problem with that either.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dilution and whether it is being handled appropriately is very relevant to every character release. 
  • Sekilicious
    I kinda enjoyed her against the three goons. Once she got rolling it seemed her red was pretty easy to fire repeatedly, which meant I could easily take care of countdowns and get her repeater to the bottom. 
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Terrible art. As a character so far I am a little interested in her. Need to use her more.

Also calling my shot that next 4* will be USAgent.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's really useful for grinding the TU milestone. Once you get her red going, you can pretty much clear the board of everything but TU tiles. Fire off the three you brought, then go again. If your alliance is active, you can grind pretty fast.
  • Sekilicious
    edited April 2021
    Deadpool (loaner), Okoye (1/3/1), and Monica was effective at thrashing  the non-tile movers in the Welcome to Shield event.  I sense a new meta. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    She’s great with Wiccan. The synergy is great. 
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    She just seems so slow. That mindless node today took forever using all the loaners. 

Maybe I’m just playing her wrong but not a fan so far. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited April 2021
    You’re not wrong. Half the match in her PvP is waiting for the repeaters to shift positions. Or at least that’s how it feels.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    You’re not wrong. Half the match in her PvP is waiting for the repeaters to shift positions. Or at least that’s how it feels.
    For a game that rewards speed as much as this one does she is definitely not helping things along.  In her featured PvP I'm super aware of how much time those repeaters are taking up.  So much so that I'm actually trying to take her out even if it isn't the best order just to speed things along.  I can't ever see myself using her in a meaningful match because of it.  She'll be used when essential and not much more than that.  And since she's not a feeder I have a feeling that she will go to the very back of the line for champing purposes.  Not a fan of the art, or the slow down on her turns.  
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    revskip said:
    For a game that rewards speed as much as this one does she is definitely not helping things along.  In her featured PvP I'm super aware of how much time those repeaters are taking up.  So much so that I'm actually trying to take her out even if it isn't the best order just to speed things along.  I can't ever see myself using her in a meaningful match because of it.  She'll be used when essential and not much more than that.  And since she's not a feeder I have a feeling that she will go to the very back of the line for champing purposes.  Not a fan of the art, or the slow down on her turns.  
    Has it been confirmed that she is not a feeder? If so, that's a bummer. She would be an excellent feeder for 5witch. I suppose she could be reworked to be a feeder for a future Spectrum or Blue Marvel, but I doubt that would happen.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah... she's pretty slow.  Obviously she's faster with peeps like Okoye or Apoc, but who isn't?

I can see synergy with a few characters, but its the sort of stuff I'll try when I'm bored/feeling playful with it.  

6* chatter below...

No, I can't see 6*s.  It's not a "don't want" thing... but it's a more of a "value" thing.  Imagine if you will, what does it take to get a 5*?  20+ CP?  A LT?  And some luck on top of that?  Cool...

Now what's it gonna take to pull a 6*?  MORE CP?!?!  A new EVEN RARER token?!  No.  This is where that old-man-Cap meme comes into play...

Oh, what, you're gonna suggest reducing the value of the 4*s and/or 5*s, so the 6*s can come into play... is that an idea?  Nope... because then you're telling everyone who whale'd away at 5*s that those purchases aren't at the same 'value' anymore.  Sure, not everyone will see it that way, but I'm nearly positive that there'll be some sort of outcry if a reduction in value to 4*s/5*s happened in order to make way for 6*s.  

So, if your audience won't pay a HIGHER price for 6*s (which, lets face it, 5*s are VERY hard to get/champ up), and reducing values in order to bring out 6*s would make your whales potentially unhappy.... why would the company release 6*s?  

Sorry, it's just my view.  I may be wrong, and I don't mind being wrong either.  I just find it hard to see 6*s as plausible with how the current in-game economy works.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    For players who use only whales to finish the 5* essential nodes, Ghostpool is featured in her ST. This means that all other forms of Deadpools are locked out.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like her at all. Maybe it was just Maria Hill not being great but that fight Monica seemed to be able to deny blue at will so it was risky to fire black. I won in the end but it was not at all fun. The AI also had endless supplies of red and was not afraid to fire it and that animation...oh dear lord...what is going on there? Then that damned repeater - I am not sure who thought that was a good idea or how it represents Monica's powers that she has the same ability as an Amazon Drone Delivery.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't like her at all. Maybe it was just Maria Hill not being great but that fight Monica seemed to be able to deny blue at will so it was risky to fire black. I won in the end but it was not at all fun. The AI also had endless supplies of red and was not afraid to fire it and that animation...oh dear lord...what is going on there? Then that damned repeater - I am not sure who thought that was a good idea or how it represents Monica's powers that she has the same ability as an Amazon Drone Delivery.
    I assume that was a reference to sending those drones into the town on Wandavision maybe?