Wild Hunters

Options
Bruinsfan17
Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
Kraven, Sabretooth, and Carnage. This match is a nightmare. What teams are people using in SCL10? 

Comments

• shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Polaris 4Thanos and BRB worked for me for a bit, just cheesing it with winfinite.  Then at higher levels one of them was dying b/f I could get the lock, so I tried something else.  My goto for the higher levels (if you have them champed) was ProfX Onslaught and 5*Deadpool, and this worked fine for me.  If you can, lean on 5DP stun and save up his black and just cascade all over the place and use Onslaught's blue to punish the other side for their special tiles and/or set up more match 4/5 (or ideally both - if the board is kind).  Use profx purple primarily for red (damage) or purple (board shake) and only use Onslaught purple if you lose your other guys.  Hope this helps!
  • Buffyrules604
    Buffyrules604 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    takes a while but never fails... domino, vulture and ihulk, chase black tiles and I like to change ihulks black to a level 5 for the higher match damage because higher green level does nothing in this match cause carnage tends to fill up the screen with special tiles and ihulk green ability doesn't fire that often
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Switched to 1* Juggy BRB Polaris. Gets going faster than using Th4nos (which is important because of how much damage you take right away) but takes longer to finish.

Another suggestion was 1/2 Thor + Okoye + XFDP.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thorkoye Iceman.  Go in with boosted blue and rainbow, concentrate on stunning / killing Carnage first.  Match or clear away your friendly attack tiles, and Kraven doesn't get started with his ridiculousness.

Worked fine for clears, and while I know it worked for grind last time around, I'm not looking forward to it...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Switched to 1* Juggy BRB Polaris. Gets going faster than using Th4nos (which is important because of how much damage you take right away) but takes longer to finish.

Another suggestion was 1/2 Thor + Okoye + XFDP.
    Yeah, I'll also be using BRB, Polaris and Juggs. That team is also great for 5* Carnage challenge nodes.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    another ridiculously brutal combo at high levels. and sabretooth doesn't really do anything.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His powers are cheap: 4 slashes for 6 red ap and 7 black ap to put enemy strike tiles that trigger his passive board destruction when they matches them. Catlike animals are experts at striking their preys silently, shocking them, rendering them powerless, and finally, becoming tasty meals for them.

Anyway, BRB/Polaris/1* Juggernaut is the fastest stunlock team for such challenge node. If you have Supports that gives +6 green aps, you can add another +4 green ap to make it a grand total of +16 green aps at the start of the game. Alternatively, you can slap Lucky support on BRB to true heal him while they are stunned. I'm sure players who completed the second  last or first (?) Puzzle PvE got at least a R3 Lucky support.
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Mjolnirmight2 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Why 1* Juggernaut?

Edit: Just tried it, awesome!

Thank you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went about it a bit differently and took Thorkoye+Yellowjacket in there. I was able to do Clear 2 with no problems by targeting C4rnage first (usually I target Kraven, but C4rnage has the AOE on this team) and keeping Yellowjacket invible, but I made the arrangement error of having Thor be right behind YJ, so that when he went invis on match 3 thor went down, then Okoye went down, and YJ had to solo that node from the shadows. Which worked, killing C4rnage means they can't touch you unless you forget to make black/blue/green matches, but it's always a bummer to have to mess with taking thor back to 50% health. I ended up switching to Iceman/Okoye/Thor for clear 4, and even though it was relatively fast I did have to really play it actively to make sure the right people were stunned and I was denying red effectively.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why 1* Juggernaut?

I subbed in 4* Carnage with 5 green which I found a bit faster than Juggs. 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Options
    jredd said:
    another ridiculously brutal combo at high levels. and sabretooth doesn't really do anything.
    Um, his red is effectively a nuke.  Except it will go past killing your first character, and probably kill the others also.

I finished grind using Thorkoye XFDP, just managing Okoye health/teamup gathering and letting XFDP do the damage for me passively. Denying red, trying to match away friendly attacks.  There was a bit to keep track of :smile:

But I was very lucky when they got 6 red AP, but decided to save for Carnage red power, instead of firing Sabretooth.  That would have wiped my team.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abenness said:
    jredd said:
    Um, his red is effectively a nuke.  Except it will go past killing your first character, and probably kill the others also.

I finished grind using Thorkoye XFDP, just managing Okoye health/teamup gathering and letting XFDP do the damage for me passively. Denying red, trying to match away friendly attacks.  There was a bit to keep track of :smile:

But I was very lucky when they got 6 red AP, but decided to save for Carnage red power, instead of firing Sabretooth.  That would have wiped my team.
    i didn't mean he does nothing. i actually use him as my third with thorkoye to climb in sim. his red might be, pound for pound, the best nuke in the game (okoye boosted of course). I meant the way the node breaks down, you're pretty much toast before he does anything.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thorkoye with ProfX made short work of them.  Just concentrate on killing Kraven first.  Don't worry about the normal Thor-green-nuking-the-entire-team-at-once strategy.  Build Team-ups, use Okoye's red to set-up match-4/5s and let ProfX do bonus damage.  Use the yellow from Thor's passive to keep Okoye healed and let her tank.  ProfX's purple can either be used with purple (very early in the match), red (as a kill shot on Kraven) or Green (late in the match to hit Sabretooth and Carnage).  In desperation, you can go yellow for some emergency temp-hp, but if you're in that position, it's probably already a lost cause.
    Once Kraven is dead, it's back to normal strategies to finish off the other 2.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use BRB/Polaris/4Thanos but I have to bring +4 blue AP to the second and third clears.  I stun Sabretooth first as my BRB can take a few Kraven shots and then focus on gathering blue to stun Kraven.  I wipe on boards that don't give enough blue but I still can do the 3 clears reasonably enough.  
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited June 2022
    Options
    any insight to add to this in regards to the new scaling (currently 570 after one clear).
    Cause current Starlord(573) Odin(570) and DP(495) are not cutting is at CL10
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    What's your roster like?

A quick start would be bring Mantis along and use Support and ap boost that gives you 8 green ap at the start of the game. Then stun Carnage.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First time EVER beating them . Shang, Valkyrie, Melinda . No damage taken , stun locked winfinite by the second move 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    Thorkoye with ProfX made short work of them.  Just concentrate on killing Kraven first.  Don't worry about the normal Thor-green-nuking-the-entire-team-at-once strategy.  Build Team-ups, use Okoye's red to set-up match-4/5s and let ProfX do bonus damage.  Use the yellow from Thor's passive to keep Okoye healed and let her tank.  ProfX's purple can either be used with purple (very early in the match), red (as a kill shot on Kraven) or Green (late in the match to hit Sabretooth and Carnage).  In desperation, you can go yellow for some emergency temp-hp, but if you're in that position, it's probably already a lost cause.
    Once Kraven is dead, it's back to normal strategies to finish off the other 2.

Kraven does something like 27k damage per turn starting on turn 2 or 3 once you hit 650. Unless you have a truly monster okoye, I don't think she will last long enough to collect teamup AP. 

The best strategy for this nodes, which is among the hardest challenge nodes in the game, is to pick a winfinite team that survive long enough to get the infinite engine started.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,560 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thor(460)+Okoye(472)+Onslaught(572) did the trick for me, but I did lose the third round (lv 650) on my first try. Added some boosts and won with the same team.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Shang Chi, 5 Thor and Mantis with boost. This video is for the 4th clear.

http://streamable.com/se9yf2