**** Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited June 2021 in Character Details

2021-04-13-NC-monica-Rambeau-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng

Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes

"Monica followed in the footsteps of her mother, Maria "Photon" Rambeau, by joining S.W.O.R.D. There she became an astronaut and attained the rank of Captain. But exploring space was only a hint of the heights Monica was destined to reach." 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 4223 Health / 15642 Health

10 | 33 | 37 | 42 | 9 | 8 | 23 | 4.0x
13 | 65 | 74 | 85 | 12 | 11 | 43 | 4.0x

Undercover Operation - 6 AP

S.W.O.R.D.'s directive is both to observe and to respond. Choose a Purple basic tile to become a 4-turn Countdown tile that steals up to 2 AP in each of 2 random colors from the enemy. While one of these tiles is on the board, enemy powers cost 2 more AP. If an enemy fires a power, this tile is removed, dealing 1213 damage to that enemy, even if that enemy is Airborne or Invisible. (Max level 2563 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 1704 damage. (Max level 3319 damage)

• Level 3: When one of these tiles is on the board, enemy powers cost 3 more AP. Deals 2037 damage. (Max level 3968 damage)

• Level 4: Steals up to 2 AP in each of 3 random colors.

• Level 5: Steals up to 2 AP in each of 4 random colors. When one of these tiles is on the board, enemy powers cost 3 more AP.

Supply Drone - PASSIVE

(PASSIVE) Monica's drone flies in to keep her team supplied for the mission. At the start of the battle or start of your turn, if one does not exist, Monica creates a Repeater tile in the top row that swaps with the tile below it on each of your turns. If this Repeater is on the bottom row, remove it, generate 2 AP in all colors, and heal the lowest health ally for a burst of 398 health. (Max level 776 health)

• Level 2: Heals the lowest health ally for a burst of 620 health. (Max level 1209 health)

• Level 3: Heals the lowest health ally for a burst of 842 health. (Max level 1642 health)

• Level 4: Heals the lowest health ally for a burst of 1277 health. (Max level 2490 health)

• Level 5: Creates a Fortified Repeater tile in the top row.

S.W.O.R.D. Strike - 6 AP

Captain Rambeau leads a strike team of S.W.O.R.D. operatives in a coordinated assault. Choose a 5x5 block of tiles and deal 93 damage to the target enemy. For each color in which you have at least 6 AP, destroy all basic tiles of that color within the chosen block. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.) (Max level 180 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 242 damage. (Max level 468 damage)

• Level 3: Deals 400 damage. (Max level 774 damage)

• Level 4: Deals 474 damage. Destroys basic and enemy special tiles of each color in which you have at least 6 AP. (Max level 918 damage)

• Level 5: Deals 1097 damage. (Max level 2124 damage)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... Monica Rambeau

• April 22, 2021, 07:00 – April 29, 2021, 07:00

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) Shards in Progression rewards

Venom Bomb

• April 22, 2021, 07:00 – April 27, 2021, 02:00

• Rewards tokens to the Venom Bomb Cover Pack

• Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) in Placement rewards

Honor Among Thieves

• April 25, 2021, 07:00 – April 30, 2021, 02:00

• Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

• April 25, 2021, 08:00 – April 30, 2021, 08:00

• Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Monica Rambeau & Friends vault

Versus

No Good News

• April 22, 2021, 20:00 – April 26, 2021, 03:00

• Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) in Placement rewards

S.W.O.R.D. Fighting

• April 25, 2021, 08:00 – April 28, 2021, 15:00

• Rewards tokens to the Monica Rambeau & Friends vault

Offers

Monica Rambeau & Friends

• April 25, 2021, 08:00 – May 1, 2021, 08:00

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Monica Rambeau (Agent of S.W.O.R.D.) cover

• 1x Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x The Hood (Classic) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Bullseye (Dark Avengers) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Is she Wandavision or an Agent of Sword?

She looks like a decent AP generator - might work well with America.
  • NightLords
    NightLords Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Huzzah!

Little bit of a jack of all trades type Heal/AP/Damage. I like it!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weird that none of the abilities have anything to do with her actual powers.  Like, shouldn't she be able to have a CD out that allows her to redirect damage to a fired power? 

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I think she’s 5/5/3 for me...
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks fun though a bit convoluted and it will probably difficult to get the most out of her.  I would guess the example the clue refers to is the 5* Carol and not the 4* version. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question is do we get a beastly 5* Vision to compete the set or do they drop it and move on like the Phoenix Fiv.... err... Three. 
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I'm wondering if her AP steal can target enemy colors that are 0, similar to the issue we have with some other characters. If so, the AP steal might not be very reliable so I'm thinking 3/5/5 or 4/5/4. The ability to destroy special tiles with red is nice. 

If you can find a way to swap/drop her drone repeater to the bottom row more often (column destruction, her red, board shake, etc.) the AP generation might be great!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    The problem in the age of Polaris/Grocket (or Grocket/Juggs or Cardusa etc) is that she is pretty much DOA as she doesn't deny them anything (they don't fire powers so don't care about AP steal/costs) and she represents next to no threat against them since they aren't firing powers (her Purple clapback).
    Not sure what use she has on any teams used in 4* land since passives rule the day now in MPQ (In PvP I love seeing teams with Peggy or 3/5* Strange or Hood and she's just a combination of those 3).
    Maybe if we are lucky she will feed 5* Switch and will have value there at least.
    KGB

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question is do we get a beastly 5* Vision to compete the set or do they drop it and move on like the Phoenix Fiv.... err... Three. 
    Still waiting on the rest of those Runaways lol
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Not really looking forward to her, but she is 100% going to be 5 star Wanda fodder. That is something to be seriously excited about with how good she is. 
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Still waiting on the rest of those Runaways lol
    Until I have Gert & Old Lace that team is basically dead to me...

Monica looks interesting for those who like a puzzle, which I do. But in actual gameplay I feel like she might be too cumbersome & not super useful against passive teams. The AP steal on purple could be fantastic in the right setup, especially if you get multiples out & use Hood's black to detonate all of them at once!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    Seems a bit like a 4* The Hood-probably a pretty serious battery, maybe good with Wiccan?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her powers looks puzzly. I can think of only  Wiccan and Juggernaut who can bring her repeater to the bottom immediately without fail, but both cost 11 to 12 ap. But it's not sustainable.

Or we can use C4rol and steal up to 8ap from enemies. Yellow is easier to generate and her power costs 5.

All in all, her powers seem all over the place: steal ap, increase enemy power cost, gain ap, destroy selected tiles. 

5/5/3 or 4/5/4 dependings on the enemy type.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a 5* player, I don't see any use for her except for when required.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    As a 5* player, I don't see any use for her except for when required.
    Hopefully she's a Wanda feeder...

🤣

Couldn't keep a straight face
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    6 purple to steal 2ap on every color every turn for 4 turns? I don’t know, I can think of loads of uses for that. I think y’all may be fixated on the wrong power. My suggestion of Wiccan is so he could get to Demiurge faster, and that would work for Bolt also.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does it steal up to 8 ap per turn or does it steal up to 8 ap only after the CD reaches zero? It seems to point to the first one.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Another 4* to champ and forget about in the roster.... why did they even care to put her in the game? Is she that popular?   Where is OMEGA Red? Hydra forces? Kang the conqueror? Abomination and his anti Ihulk tech... The brood and Master Mold... Terran, omg the list can go on and on...
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    I read it as it steals ap when in reaches zero because it increases ap for enemy while on the board. The description separates the two abilities of the CD I think 
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Her powers looks puzzly. I can think of only  Wiccan and Juggernaut who can bring her repeater to the bottom immediately without fail, but both cost 11 to 12 ap. But it's not sustainable.

Or we can use C4rol and steal up to 8ap from enemies. Yellow is easier to generate and her power costs 5.

All in all, her powers seem all over the place: steal ap, increase enemy power cost, gain ap, destroy selected tiles. 

5/5/3 or 4/5/4 dependings on the enemy type.
    Don't forget her CD gives a Peggy-esque cost penalty to other team powers.  Caroling it away is forfeiting half of its usefulness.

She's a decent third for Chavez/Karnak in 4* land.  Her AP steal and acceleration helps keep Chavez AP advantage over enemy team, critical cascades can help her tile fall to the bottom quicker, and her power cost penalty can help keep an enemy from firing a power before you get Karnak's match boost and free crits out.