1200 points territory

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a lot of HP spent even if you are playing for fun. Are those HP for only shields?

My experience is quite different playing in the last 8 hours or so for slice 1. I hit 1200 in 20-22 wins. This comes with top 100 placement. I haven't bothered to compare the differences between the additional cp gained from 1200 points and losing top 25 placement. However, I prefer top 25 placements for now until I bother work out the differences.

For 4* players, try playing 12-24 hours before the event ends. You should be able to hit 9XX. However it comes at a price of 150 to 300 HP spent on shield. So, work out the pros and cons of it.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    @HoundofShadow - You are correct that for 4* players hitting 900+ is very doable (borderline easy) if you start early.
    For me, I typically start very early (like day 1 or day 2 of a 3 day PvP) and do a quick climb to 575 (Polaris/Gocket) at which point I'm using around T10-20 in my bracket. Then I wait 24 hrs or so until retals come in which normally beats me down to 450ish range and T100. Then early in the last 12-24 hrs of the event I go from 450ish to 900 in 1 push that requires 1-2 healthpacks (0 if I am really fortunate in opponents I find) again using Polaris/Grocket. Then I shield if I want a T50-100 placement (CL 10/Slice5).
    No one on my roster is over L330 and my Polaris/Grocket are around 320.
    I've found that as more and more people make the leap from 3* land to 5* land (thanks to all the Okoye and Kitty stores) bypassing 4* entirely it's easier and easier to hit 900 because there are fewer true 4* players left (just early 4* players or late state 3*) so I'm getting lots fairly easy matches up to 750 and only have to do a lot of skipping after that point.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been finding that getting to 75 wins is pretty easy using Polaris and Grocket. If I had Sabertooth champed it would probably be easier. I don't play PvP optimally, and I still need HP for roster spots (I'm at 195 so getting there) so my pushes usually peter out around 800 pts, with all offers being worth around 25 to 32 pts. Then I get knocked down by 5* meta teams and push up again through the plethora of non-Polaris teams. Rinse. Repeat. The last time I tried to push to 900 I ended up gaining on average 30 pts while losing 45 but, again, I wasn't paying attention to the time left in the event so it was probably the last 5 hours or something.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    That's a lot of HP spent even if you are playing for fun. Are those HP for only shields?
    Yes, shields only.  Very occasionally for +all AP boosts, because I like Bill/Apoc against Hulkoye, but I like to take in 4 blue, yellow, and red.

When I say "playing for fun", I should perhaps clarify that only the first half of the event is "for fun."  The second half of the event I'm trying for t25 placement, if I can (and 1200 isn't always enough in slice 4).  

I have been finding that getting to 75 wins is pretty easy using Polaris and Grocket. If I had Sabertooth champed it would probably be easier.
    For those in the 4* meta, this is very doable.  Polaris/Grocket or Polaris/Sabretooth make things very quick and easy if all your opponents are fellow 4* rosters.  For myself, I only see 4* rosters on retals, so it's rarely something I can manage.  (Though I did end up at about 90 wins on Oops All Spiders since Iron Spider and boosted Polaris played very well together sustainably.)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    This is all for 5* rosters correct? I have been finding with Pocket it is quite easy to get to 800 pts but anything beyond is a fantasy. Maybe I just play the wrong slice. 
    No. This can work for 4* players, too.
    In either Slice 1 or Slice 4 and heavily using side coordination (i.e. LINE) you can get to 1200 using almost exclusively Polaris/Grocket and Polaris/Sabretooth.

I (and other in our group) can do it every event and I have exactly zero 5* champs. It usually takes me about 26-32 wins to get to 1200. Never more than 40 wins.
    Sometimes I decide to push higher, but usually I just shield to the end once I get to 1200. My typical routine uses an 8hr, then 3hr, then 24hr shield; each only once. If HP constrained you can skip the last 24hr shield, but your end placement will suffer (which for some is not a priority).
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is all for 5* rosters correct? I have been finding with Pocket it is quite easy to get to 800 pts but anything beyond is a fantasy. Maybe I just play the wrong slice. 
    No. This can work for 4* players, too.
    In either Slice 1 or Slice 4 and heavily using side coordination (i.e. LINE) you can get to 1200 using almost exclusively Polaris/Grocket and Polaris/Sabretooth.

I (and other in our group) can do it every event and I have exactly zero 5* champs. It usually takes me about 26-32 wins to get to 1200. Never more than 40 wins.
    Sometimes I decide to push higher, but usually I just shield to the end once I get to 1200. My typical routine uses an 8hr, then 3hr, then 24hr shield; each only once. If HP constrained you can skip the last 24hr shield, but your end placement will suffer (which for some is not a priority).
    Thanks. This is gold. I will consider line if I feel I need to up my PvP game