Final 9 pulls netted an outstanding 4 5s
    2 Kitty Pryde
    2 Doctor Strange
    44% for Round 2.
    Wow nice one. Congrats
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    91 pulls.

Started with Kitty 1/0/0 and no BRB or Strange as I'm in 4*. Wanted those kitty covers though!

Pulled 7 kitty's, now 4/3/1
    6 BRB now 1/3/2
    2 Strange  now 1/0/1

Only question now is do I raise my Kitty as I'm in 4* land?  :#
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifex said:
    91 pulls.

Started with Kitty 1/0/0 and no BRB or Strange as I'm in 4*. Wanted those kitty covers though!

6 BRB now 1/3/2
    2 Strange  now 1/0/1

I’m super jealous right now. I’m sure the question of leveling her is rhetorical, but I think the answer to this is yes. Being meta and her synergy with Polaris and Grocket is insane. I would personally not surpass my highest 4* but I think that would be holding myself back. 

Where are you in with your 4* roster to have already started hoarding?
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Budgeted 100 pulls (holding some back for next Latest run), got 12 five-stars.
    This is in line with my lifetime draw rate around 11.5% for Latest / special legendary tokens; in my last 559 draws over 16 months I pulled 62 five-stars for a rate of 11.1%, including this set.

Side note / rant: My draw rate for Latest / special legendaries has so consistently hovered around 10-12% that I find myself wondering if the advertised 15% rate isn't per-player, but across the entire MPQ population, and if certain players finding ways to, ahem, "improve" their RNG results in a lower draw rate for the rest.  Conspiracy-theory territory, but a consistently below-advertised rate can start pushing you in that direction.
    My draw rates in everything except Latest / special legendary tokens seem to be in line with advertised values - even "classic" legends were around 14%, but latest/specials around 11.5%.  I have drawn only latest/specials for quite a while now.
    Hopefully it's just terrible luck in those two that will eventually turn.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Carnifex said:
    91 pulls.

6 BRB now 1/3/2
    2 Strange  now 1/0/1

I’m super jealous right now. I’m sure the question of leveling her is rhetorical, but I think the answer to this is yes. Being meta and her synergy with Polaris and Grocket is insane. I would personally not surpass my highest 4* but I think that would be holding myself back. 

I'm in mid-4* land (most are L300-330 range) and I have a fully covered Kitty (capped at 330 with 5 Yellow) and I never use her at all.
    In pick-2 (PvP or PvE) it's always Grocket/Polaris (or America/Karnak).
    In pick-3 (Shield Sim or PvE) it's always Gocket/Juggs/Polaris. Juggs tanking virtually every color plus his AoE is way better than what Kitty can do.
    Her passive if you are aiming for speed is slow compared to Juggs and also you want to be matching your own strikes for Polaris so your wasting Kittys buff.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    KGB said:
    Carnifex said:
    91 pulls.

6 BRB now 1/3/2
    2 Strange  now 1/0/1

I'm in mid-4* land (most are L300-330 range) and I have a fully covered Kitty (capped at 330 with 5 Yellow) and I never use her at all.
    In pick-2 (PvP or PvE) it's always Grocket/Polaris (or America/Karnak).
    In pick-3 (Shield Sim or PvE) it's always Gocket/Juggs/Polaris. Juggs tanking virtually every color plus his AoE is way better than what Kitty can do.
    Her passive if you are aiming for speed is slow compared to Juggs and also you want to be matching your own strikes for Polaris so your wasting Kittys buff.
    KGB
    That makes sense. My Juggs is 3/2/2 lvl70 (favorited though) right now so my information is lacking in experience. I did read somewhere that Kitty/Polaris/Grocket is slightly faster against single opponents, probably due to repeated buffs on strike tiles that cannot be matched and Jugg's aoe attack being useless. I'm still not certain how they would  compare with Kitty being a single champed 5*.
  • lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Theghouse said:
    lilshir said:
    100 pulls- 7 Strange, 4 Kitty, 5 BRB. I'm in 4 land, I only had 1 Kitty cover before, none for Strange/BRB. I have more pulls, should I?
    As long as you are not throwing away any of the 4* you get, definitely keep going.  Kitty and BRB are not only two of the best 5* in the entire game, but two that work excellently together both in PVP defense and also for going up against the current top dog Hulkoye in the 5* meta. And Strange is a solid middle tier 5*. 

Stores featuring two top tier characters AND a solid third character only happen a couple times a year, if that.
    Ended up pulling 68 more, until I ran out of cp. 3 more Kitty, 4 Strange, 2 BRB. Champed 6 4*'s thanks to shards/covers. Nice haul for me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that with Morbius now a thing, the special tile meta might come under a bit of scrutiny at 4* level. Certainly Juggs/Grocket teams and all those part covered Gritty's are going to be vulnerable and Polaris being very squishy might not be enough to save them either. I am sad that my MMR probably means I wont get to experience what impact Morbius has but it could be potentially interesting.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Seven pulls.  My seventh was the only 5* (BRB) which brings him to 470.  I have the other two champed also, so think I will stop with that one.  I wanted at least one more level of BRB so definitely fine with that rate.
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    900 CPs spent - 1 Strange, 1 Kitty, 1 Beta Ray Bill. I'm so freaking mad right now. This is ****. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Nibby said:
    900 CPs spent - 1 Strange, 1 Kitty, 1 Beta Ray Bill. I'm so freaking mad right now. This is ****. 
    I know what you're going through. The same thing happened to me not long ago.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    16 pulls so far , zero 5, (5 decent 4, 11 trash 4). I’m glad others are doing well or I’d be suspicious of my worst pull results in the best vault offered 
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Carnifex said:
    91 pulls.

6 BRB now 1/3/2
    2 Strange  now 1/0/1

Update: I gained enough CP to pull twice more. I got a cover for 4* Peggy and another Kitty!  :D
    So I managed to pull 8 covers for Kitty in the end, pretty happy with that! 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    26 pulls

1 BRB blue
    1 Kitty black

Not great but does at least unlock both of them for me.  
  • Nibby
    Couldn't believe my bad luck, so tried again. Nope. Total of 50 pulls gave me 3 five stars.
    I'm seriously considering quitting, because that's just ridiculous. 
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Nibby said:
    Couldn't believe my bad luck, so tried again. Nope. Total of 50 pulls gave me 3 five stars.
    I know it sucks, I think everyone here has had their share of bad runs.

But the odds of getting 3 or less 5* in 50 pulls is just under 5%, meaning 1 in 20 people will have the same or worse luck as you did.  That's far from a ridiculous statistical anomaly.
  • Nibby
    Theghouse said:
    Nibby said:

But the odds of getting 3 or less 5* in 50 pulls is just under 5%, meaning 1 in 20 people will have the same or worse luck as you did.  That's far from a ridiculous statistical anomaly.
    Thanks for putting it into context. I guess my bad luck just hurts so much more because it was a really good opportunity to develop my roster.
    I invested a lot of time to hord these command points and walked away with basically nothing that advances my gameplay. But I guess, you guys know that feeling.
    Isn't there some system with bonus shards increasing their probability the more you don't get them?
    Would love to see this for covers also. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Theghouse said:
    Nibby said:

I've been through it. In the last big store, I got a single Phoenix Jean cover in something like 26 or 28 pulls. I would've been ok with 1 Okoye or Apocalypse cover, but nope. I stopped hoarding for that ****. I learned my lesson and decided not to do any pulls for this one. I sincerely hope we get a couple of good 5s in the next few releases.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nibby said:
    Theghouse said:
    Nibby said:

Thanks for putting it into context. I guess my bad luck just hurts so much more because it was a really good opportunity to develop my roster.
    I invested a lot of time to hord these command points and walked away with basically nothing that advances my gameplay. But I guess, you guys know that feeling.
    Isn't there some system with bonus shards increasing their probability the more you don't get them?
    Would love to see this for covers also. 
    I mean I quit the game last year for a similar reason. I saved up a lot of cp for when Apoc, iHulk and Yelena were in latests. I was so excited and then I pulled like 10 Yelena, 3 iHulks and 1 Apoc. All of that hard work of saving up cp and grinding a stupid amount of wins in a lot of pvp events only to get punched in the gut from RNG. And I had a similar pull rate to yours not too long ago when I think I only did like 6%. It sucks but then you'll have times when the game is throwing 5s at you ever other pull, or it'll feel like it anyway.