Support Helper Spreadsheet

Theghouse
Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
I saw a thread earlier about someone asking about a list for supports and started a personal project to build a support helper worksheet on Google Sheets.

The first page lets you check all the powers and event triggers you are interested in.  Be sure to also check the Equip restrictions and any synergy perks for the character you are thinking about.  I highlighted the couple synergy perks that apply to entire groups and not just one character so you don't forget to check them when applicable (although championed character only exists on the Infinity stones, which we all have just rolling around)

Once you have made your selections, the bottom of the first page displays all supports that have at least one of the powers you checked, sorted from most features combined to least.  The sheer amount of data is really optimized for a widescreen computer or tablet display but it is serviceable on a mobile device screen.

The second page lets you input your personal support inventory.  For each support, just type in the number for the star level you have unlocked.  Leave unobtained supports blank.  There is a checkbox on the first page that will let you toggle between showing all matching supports and only supports you have unlocked.  If you don't want to do this, you can continue to use the first page with the personalization checkbox left unchecked to filter all supports.

You will need to copy the sheet to your own account before you can check any boxes.  Just go to file - make a copy.  Then you can play around with the copied version that exists in your personal google account.  Any issues just post here and I'll try to troubleshoot.  I'm pretty handy with a spreadsheet but again I'm no expert when it comes to shared google docs.

Hopefully this will help some people optimize their support usage and know which supports to chase with their shiny new support tokens.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_sp_KL4OZHdaP0Ezybo4VVXzByV5S7mnrrleLsUprto/edit?usp=sharing

Edit - updated to version 1.12 which corrects an issue where Wong would not appear when remove enemy special tile filter is selected.  Please make a new copy to be able to see the fix in your own space.

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Nice job @Theghouse! Unfortunately I can’t get any of the filters to work. Maybe because it’s view only?
  • Theghouse
    edited March 2021
    helix72 said:
    Nice job @Theghouse! Unfortunately I can’t get any of the filters to work. Maybe because it’s view only?
    Yes, this is by design as multiple users trying to filter at once would be a mess stepping on each other's feet.  You'll need to make a copy to your own account where you can use the filters in your own uninterrupted space.  On PC go to file menu - make a copy.  On Android go to menu - share and export - make a copy.

Also, make sure you have not checked the box at the top for "show only support powers I have unlocked" unless you have gone to the inventory tab and put in the supports you have, otherwise you will see no results.
  • Theghouse
    edited March 2021
    Updated to version 1.1 at 2:50 PM EST.  Formatting issue fixed.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Is this still a work in progress?  I checked AP Gain - Yellow and two supports showed, but there are at least 4 or 5 that can gain yellow.  I didn't have the box at the top checked, and AP Gain - Yellow was the only checked box.  It looks like it will be very helpful.
  • Theghouse
    gravel said:
    Is this still a work in progress?  I checked AP Gain - Yellow and two supports showed, but there are at least 4 or 5 that can gain yellow.  I didn't have the box at the top checked, and AP Gain - Yellow was the only checked box.  It looks like it will be very helpful.
    Make sure you have all the appropriate equip character checks.  There are indeed 7 supports that can create Yellow AP however only 2 are able to be equipped to any character.   
    The other 5 are only equippable to heroes; if you do not have that box checked you will not see it. (Sad sad Apoc)
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    This is great! Awesome job! I populated the tab with my current supports and it appears to be working correctly. Took a minute to realize what was going on when I had the same issue as gravel that when no "equip to" box is checked it defaults to any character equipable supports only. Makes sense.  

• Theghouse
    edited March 2021
    mdreyer93 said:
    This is great! Awesome job! I populated the tab with my current supports and it appears to be working correctly. Took a minute to realize what was going on when I had the same issue as gravel that when no "equip to" box is checked it defaults to any character equipable supports only. Makes sense.  

Thanks!

It seemed most intuitive to me that you would never want to compare a Heroes only support with a Villains only support because the 2 will never be able to be equipped to the same character and therefore don't actually "compete" with each other for usability.  So initially the list will only show supports that can go on any character and checking the appropriate character groups will add those groups to the list.  If you really wanted to, you could check "cancelling groups" such as heroes and villains boxes and they would show up in one big list, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish! 

Also keep in mind that when you have "supports I have unlocked" checked, if you have kimono beads at level 2 and check yellow AP gain - kimono beads has a yellow AP gain only at level 5, so it won't show up unless it has another ability you have targeted at level 1 or 2.  This makes toggling the "supports I have unlocked" box helpful for optimizing your current support equips vs. knowing which supports you want to target for when the support token pool rotates.
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    It's quite possible I'm doing something wrong, but I was testing things out, after filling in the rank numbers list for each of my supports. As examples, I have Cull Obsidian (3) and Hulking (1), both of which have Green boosting. Checking only Green damage boost doesn't bring either of them up, in the list, regardless if I have it set to show only powers I have unlocked or not, yet both of those abilities are indeed unlocked. Am I missing something?
  • Theghouse
    It's quite possible I'm doing something wrong, but I was testing things out, after filling in the rank numbers list for each of my supports. As examples, I have Cull Obsidian (3) and Hulking (1), both of which have Green boosting. Checking only Green damage boost doesn't bring either of them up, in the list, regardless if I have it set to show only powers I have unlocked or not, yet both of those abilities are indeed unlocked. Am I missing something?
    Cull obsidian is a Villains only support so he won't appear on your list unless you have equip to villains checked in the first section.  Same for hulkling as a heroes only.

The first section is the most important. As you're thinking about who you want to match the best support to, selecting their affiliations and any synergies in the first section makes sure you see all the supports that match that character.

If you did want to see a list of all supports regardless of their conflicting character compatibilities, you could check all of the "Equip to" options in the first section and it would display them to you that way.

As I designed the sheet, my thought process was that if I'm thinking about what support to match to BRB, and I look for something with protect tiles and green AP gain, I don't want to see cull obsidian on the list because he would be a GREAT match but cull obsidian is equippable to villains only and not compatible with BRB.
  • Theghouse
    Updated to version 1.12 which corrects an issue where Wong would not appear when remove enemy special tile filter is selected.  Please make a new copy to be able to see the fix in your own space.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    This was helpful.  Still seems picky about what will show when, if I just have Okoye picked and Gain TU my talon fighter doesn't show unless I have heroes picked.  I also misread "AP-Gain Any" as meaning it will work for any AP type, but it's specific to a Hulkling support.  

Mostly I just wanted to see a list of my support powers, so clicked a bunch powers on and then hit either Villains or Heroes to evaluate a bunch at the same time.  I found I was mostly evaluating supports to apply to a team, not just an individual, so had both villains & heroes selected most the time.

In working through it I realized I only value a couple of things in my supports. 
    - Mostly AP gain either at battle start or on match
    - Kitty wants more tiles so any AT creation
    - Winfinite - speed to create PT and Blue (no good green creation supports)

Am I too shallow - other stuff like match damage or specific damage boost seems so weak

For those in 5* land, I listed my PVE characters and then worked through them for best supports.  I'm terrible at adding supports to my boosted 5*, but I really should do that, just need a back-up couple to use.

What am I missing here?  

Okoye - kept Talon fighter (3*) - no brainer wit TU synergy and bonus team damage

Thor
    - switched from Korg (4) to Sanctum Sanctorum (3) - only good benefit in either is the yellow AP gain so I'll take the 5 at SOB (not 6 that's in sheet)

Spidey 2099
    - added SP/DR (4) - more yellow AP at SOB

Apoc
    - Villains seem to have no good supports... Mirror Image (5) - 100% chance for AP steal on match 4 seems the best I have access to.  Can't boost red/yellow/black AP gain

Kitty - switched to Element Guns (5) from Chewie (4) - adds better % for AT and fortify tile chance

R&G - Stuck with Milano (3) - I'll take the bonus CD damage

Polaris
    - Stuck with Carol Communicator (3) - like the possible 2 PT at start for Winfinite help plus health gain helps

BRB
    - Gave him Wong (3) for blue AP gain for Winfinite

4* Thanos - Cull Obsidian (3) - SOT PT create for Winfinite

Mostly I use:
    - Pick 2 - Apoc/Thor or Okoye/Thor
    - Pick 3 - Thor/Okoye/S99, occasionally Gritty/Polaris
    - Challenge - Thor/Okoye/S99, Winfinite (Polaris/BRB/T4nos)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:

What am I missing here?  

Apoc
    - Villains seem to have no good supports... Mirror Image (5) - 100% chance for AP steal on match 4 seems the best I have access to.  Can't boost red/yellow/black AP gain

Polaris - Stuck with Carol Communicator (3) - like the possible 2 PT at start for Winfinite help plus health gain helps

Not sure what supports you have and at what Rank. But for Apoc you might consider
    1) Vintage Shield (mine at Rank 4 reduces match damage by 8.3%, gives 61.95% chance at +3 Yellow AP at start of battle and 58.76% chance to create 217 protect when Apoc fires a power)
    2) Chimichanga (mine at Rank 3 gives 27.15% chance to get +1 Red AP when Apoc makes a Red match and 34.74% chance to fortify a random friendly special each turn).
    Note: The extra health on Carols Communicator is a lie. Or rather it's misleading. I thought it gave +X health at start of battle but all it does is increase max health by X. So if your character enters battle damaged it's useless (I've tried this with Juggs on many supports and he never gets +X health, only his max health increases in cases he starts at max health or gets healed by someone).
    KGB
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Thanks - threw my L4 Chimichanga on Apoc for the Red AP.  Vintage Shield only L2 so useless as is.  

Carols Communicator L3 doesn't add health, but does give health bursts on special tile matches which fits well with Polaris.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:
    Thanks - threw my L4 Chimichanga on Apoc for the Red AP.  Vintage Shield only L2 so useless as is.  

Carols Communicator L3 doesn't add health, but does give health bursts on special tile matches which fits well with Polaris.
    It's not burst heal on Carol's Comm, it's true heal. I strategically spam it ALL THE TIME to save health packs.
    When not using it to heal someone specific I leave it on my 5E (assuming Hero affiliation) to keep him/her at/near 100% health throughout PVE because he/she is tanking most colors over my PolGrocket teammates. This approach alone allows me to punch above my weight in CL9 despite only being a 4* player.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I have Taskmaster’s Sword on Apocalypse. The extra damage on powers is added to each hit of red or black. And the extra match damage on Heroes is occasionally useful. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:

It's not burst heal on Carol's Comm, it's true heal. I strategically spam it ALL THE TIME to save health packs.
    When not using it to heal someone specific I leave it on my 5E (assuming Hero affiliation) to keep him/her at/near 100% health throughout PVE because he/she is tanking most colors over my PolGrocket teammates. This approach alone allows me to punch above my weight in CL9 despite only being a 4* player.

Me too. I have mine on Juggs since he tanks everything in PvE and I never use a healthpack.
    I believe all the heals on supports are true heal though I haven't tested everyone (Lucky is also true heal for example and I have mine on Polaris) since I don't have all supports at Rank 5.
    KGB
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Man I love that this exists, but I can't get it to work.

• Theghouse
    Punter1 said:
    This was helpful.  Still seems picky about what will show when, if I just have Okoye picked and Gain TU my talon fighter doesn't show unless I have heroes picked.  I also misread "AP-Gain Any" as meaning it will work for any AP type, but it's specific to a Hulkling support.  

Mostly I just wanted to see a list of my support powers, so clicked a bunch powers on and then hit either Villains or Heroes to evaluate a bunch at the same time.  I found I was mostly evaluating supports to apply to a team, not just an individual, so had both villains & heroes selected most the time.

In working through it I realized I only value a couple of things in my supports. 
    - Mostly AP gain either at battle start or on match
    - Kitty wants more tiles so any AT creation
    - Winfinite - speed to create PT and Blue (no good green creation supports)

Am I too shallow - other stuff like match damage or specific damage boost seems so weak

For those in 5* land, I listed my PVE characters and then worked through them for best supports.  I'm terrible at adding supports to my boosted 5*, but I really should do that, just need a back-up couple to use.

What am I missing here?  

Okoye - kept Talon fighter (3*) - no brainer wit TU synergy and bonus team damage

Thor
    - switched from Korg (4) to Sanctum Sanctorum (3) - only good benefit in either is the yellow AP gain so I'll take the 5 at SOB (not 6 that's in sheet)

Spidey 2099
    - added SP/DR (4) - more yellow AP at SOB

Apoc

Kitty - switched to Element Guns (5) from Chewie (4) - adds better % for AT and fortify tile chance

R&G - Stuck with Milano (3) - I'll take the bonus CD damage

Polaris
    - Stuck with Carol Communicator (3) - like the possible 2 PT at start for Winfinite help plus health gain helps

BRB
    - Gave him Wong (3) for blue AP gain for Winfinite

4* Thanos - Cull Obsidian (3) - SOT PT create for Winfinite

Mostly I use:
    - Pick 2 - Apoc/Thor or Okoye/Thor
    - Pick 3 - Thor/Okoye/S99, occasionally Gritty/Polaris
    - Challenge - Thor/Okoye/S99, Winfinite (Polaris/BRB/T4nos)

Glad you found it useful.  

The Equip to section is the most important.  The most basic functionality I wanted was to make sure that if I was looking for the best option to equip to Apocalypse, checking the villains box would only show me supports equippable to villains and/or any character.

As far as the Okoye filter, the way the complicated behind-the-scenes sorting voodoo works, if you don't have the corresponding equip to box checked, it doesn't matter what synergy or power boxes you have checked, the support will not show.

For AP gain any, that is a weird one that I ended up having to make is own category because hulkling is the only support with a power that can generate AP of any color, not just a specified color or your teams strongest color.  It's a shame that it's only tied to matches made by one of the most useless team affiliations in the game.

In terms of being picky on support effects, I feel like after I spent time categorizing every supports effects, there are only a handful that I truly value.  Start of battle AP, stealing enemy AP, and chance to remove enemy specials are premium for me.  Protect tile making for Apoc and BRB, and I think 5* Cull Obsidian has one of the best unique support powers in the game with the chance to destroy 8 basic tiles for board shake when the supported character fires a power. Equipped to Apoc running with Thor, the board shake and free AP would be nuts.
  • Theghouse
    Omegased said:
    Man I love that this exists, but I can't get it to work.

The most common troubleshooting has been to first make sure you made a copy of the sheet, as the original is uneditable.

The second has been to make sure the top box "show only supports powers I have unlocked" is not checked unless you have plugged in your supports on the second page.

The third has been to make sure you are selecting the appropriate EQUIP TO options in the very first section.  The sheet is designed to only show supports that are compatible with the groups you select in the EQUIP TO section.

If none of those solve your issue, if you can be more specific on what's not working the way you expect it to, I can try and give more specific advice.