Fastest SCL10 PVE Pick2 vs Tile Matchers?

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
I tried a search and didn't find anything so apologies if this has been asked.

What do people think is the fastest Pick2 for PVE SCL10 when playing against all tile matchers (i.e. no NPCs)?

I have been running 50%5hor/Apoc but not sure if there might be someone faster.  Yes, I know it depends on the opponent but was just curious if anyone had a team they are willing to share that works quickly for them.

For non tile matchers. I normally run PolGritty which tends to get destroyed if all three are tile matchers.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thorpocalypse is generally fastest for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thorpocalypse with +4 red/black/yellow APS + relevant supports that add any of the three colours at the start of the game.

Polaris and Kitty with +4blue ap will be tough if your Kitty is downed. Then, you have to restart the entire match.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Thorkoye is almost as fast as Thorpocalypse (at least for me) but with less health paks if that’s a concern. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    What is the fastest for somebody that doesn't have an optimal Thor?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    What is the fastest for somebody that doesn't have an optimal Thor?
    Do you have ihulk and okoye?  Kitty with rocket and polaris is also fast.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulkoye Is really fast but you have to watch hulk’s matches so your 3 and 4* don’t get murdered. Anybody replace hulk with Warlock yet?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    I'd say for straight speed, it's Hulkoye, for me, but used for mostly <100-120k strength opponents. North of that, I will generally use Thorpocalypse as a better combination of speed and burning fewer health packs. It also depends a bit on just who the opponent is, obviously. I'll also use Thorpocalypse just because they're more fun, if that's what I'm looking for.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    How does meta adjacent toons like Prof X and Onslaught compare to the meta?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fighting against Prof X and Onslaught can be maddening sometimes. They can down your fully champed 5* with just 1 match-4 followed by another 2 or 3 cascade of match-4. Playing against them is like playing Russian roulette. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks. I assume that they are too rng dependent to be viable as a pick 2 in PvE then?
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Yeah Prof X Onslaught can be a lot of fun, but very unreliable.
    Like pulling the arm on a slot machine.  There’s a certain chance you can get out with a win.  But you never know. 
    one of the fun things about it.